What arrows are you using?

To the fellow bowhunters here,

what arrows are you guys using?

overall weight?

FOC%?

I'm just curious...I'm using easton axis nfused 125gr head...11.3% FOC (would like more) 440grns.

I'm using Pile Driver Pass Thru Extremes again.
7" Vietnam Veterans color wraps to honor my father.
2" white Norway vanes
Total arrow weight is 485 grains
FOC 14.28%
Not sure what will be on the business end yet, but most likely will be a 125 grain Slick Trick Magnum.

Easton x7 eclipse 2512. 29 inches, 100 grain spitfire, nocturnals. 535 grains at 287 fps.

7.4999 FOC

Last edited:
Kodabow Magnum .338 Bolts @ 410 gr, 17-18% FOC. I think the arrows are made (then rebadged) by the same folks that make Gold Laser Tip IIs.

Carbon Express Pile Driver Pass Through Extreme. Total arrow weight 415 grains. Muzzy MX3 broadheads. 4" black/orange tiger wrap. 2 black orange tiger stripe Blazers. One solid orange blazer. 14.4% FOC. 260ish FPS on the cronny.

Last edited:
Beeman Gold's? I'm a tech noob in regards to all the snazzy numbers you guys are throwing around. Got set up at the archery shop with everything I needed a few years ago and I just shoot the snot out of it. I'm really good, but I know next to nothing about the numbers or set-up. I take my bow in twice a year and have it checked over.

This last weekend I decided to put together a half dozen shafts for some experimentation w/ new fletching... (AAE Max Hunters). I'm normally shooting blazers, but I wanted to see how much velocity loss there would be with these bad larrys. They should be better stabilizing fixed blade broad heads I use. I don't really have a problem with the blazers but I like to tweak and see what I can squeak out. Maybe tighten the group a bit. Really - it's just fun to experiment.

So - out came the arrow saw, squaring tool, and the jig.

Arrow is cut to a total length of 26" and weights this.

While I was waiting for the glue to try I gave my lone wolf sticks the quiet treatment.

Finished products.

For use with my Arena 30.

Testing so far has shown a 2 FPS drop on the crony off the bow. I need to get out to the range to test the down range change in point of impact. They're fletched at 2 degree RH helical.

3 Shot group at 10 yards in my little basement range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom