What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Any way to design bullets in there? I know QL had a separate software to design and import bullets into QL. Kind of cool for the cast bullet guys that have one off moulds.
I think so, but there's a lot going on in the software that I haven't explored. Certainly you can define your own bullet database entries by diameter, length, BC, etc. There's even a complex interface for specifying various properties, but I don't know how it impacts the ballistics calculations, if at all, except for the initiation pressure, which is usually just 1160 for lead, something more for various others.

Last edited:
Is there a free virtual machine player for Mac?
I think so but I don’t screw around with that stuff.
I think so, but there's a lot going on in the software that I haven't explored. Certainly you can define your own bullet database entries by diameter, length, BC, etc. There's even a complex interface for specifying various properties, but I don't know how it impacts the ballistics calculations, if at all, except for the initiation pressure, which is usually just 1160 for lead, something more for various others.
So cool. I need to figure it out I guess.

Mac

I load those for my 300 BLK up to 2200 fps so I can use them in my AR but also my Ruger Ranch Rifle

Very accurate
Been hearing about these little buggers for a few years but never in stock. Recently found them for .19 ea shipped so I grabbed 1000 of them. Im no stranger to light bullets in the 308, 3006 and love them in the K31
Been using nosler 110s and SMK 135s but those are pricy!
I will most likely load them on the slow side.
Was running the smk 135s right around 2200 fps out of the 1903/a3 and they where fun to shoot and will hold as tight as I can deliver

even with the high prices of stuff im still loading cheap

scored some rifle primers and grabbed them to just offset my stock
Grabbed a few lbs of powder also

so im at
Bullet .19
Primer .08
Powder .20 $38/lb
Brass free
.47 cpr
Not to bad
Even before the BS my reloading costs per round where not much cheaper
Bullet prices crept up since 2017 when I stocked up last.

Last edited:
Been hearing about these little buggers for a few years but never in stock. Recently found them for .19 ea shipped so I grabbed 1000 of them. Im no stranger to light bullets in the 308, 3006 and love them in the K31
Been using nosler 110s and SMK 135s but those are pricy!
I will most likely load them on the slow side.
Was running the smk 135s right around 2200 fps out of the 1903/a3 and they where fun to shoot and will hold as tight as I can deliver

What is your load using the 125's in 308 ? I may want to try them also

What is your load using the 125's in 308 ? I may want to try them also
I have a few
I used trailboss for the close to subsonic loads
2400 for some reduced loads
And H4895 per Hodgdons reloading guide lines for reduced loads
98% of my 110-135 gn loads are for 200 yard SR plinking. So velocity is not a huge requirement. Fast enough to stabalize And thats it

Last edited:
Took the day off yesterday and (after chores) made up another 150 rounds of .44 mag, 8.0gn of Alliant SP w/240gn Hi-Tek coated LSWC. Then, went over to the range and shot it all out of the 629. Cases ejected fine and were amazingly clean. Sky was overcast so the chrono worked well. These loads are breaching 1000 fps territory, and accuracy was good. Still having trouble missing that 10" gong at 30'. :D

Took the day off yesterday and (after chores) made up another 150 rounds of .44 mag, 8.0gn of Alliant SP w/240gn Hi-Tek coated LSWC. Then, went over to the range and shot it all out of the 629. Cases ejected fine and were amazingly clean. Sky was overcast so the chrono worked well. These loads are breaching 1000 fps territory, and accuracy was good. Still having trouble missing that 10" gong at 30'. :D
Move it out to 25-50 yards

Loaded 20 of these sexy little 44 specials with 200 grain Speer gold dots.
10 with a max load of Unique and 10 with a max load of 2400.
The gun is a Marlin 1894 with the barrel set back and re chambered for 44 Special so I know I can push the envelope a little bit but being a rifle I expect a little more velocity anyway.
Load data had these around 825 or so out of a 4” and from what I can tell they expand really well around 1000. Let’s see which one works best. F385E730-B54D-41A7-9031-0A3953FAE456.jpeg 8B66DBBE-84C1-486A-9128-C36736E877F9.jpeg

Loaded 20 of these sexy little 44 specials with 200 grain Speer gold dots.
10 with a max load of Unique and 10 with a max load of 2400.
The gun is a Marlin 1894 with the barrel set back and re chambered for 44 Special so I know I can push the envelope a little bit but being a rifle I expect a little more velocity anyway.
Load data had these around 825 or so out of a 4” and from what I can tell they expand really well around 1000. Let’s see which one works best. View attachment 509595View attachment 509596
I'm not used to seeing you reload jacketed bullets! [laugh]

Hey - speaking of sexy, 20 gn of Alliant 2400 behind 240 gn Hornady XTP JHP (mixed brass). This is about as "full mag load" as I'm willing to go with a handgun. The wife will NOT be shooting these.

I know, I know, 48 cartridges in a 50 case - that's just plain wheel-gun malarkey.

View attachment 509663
What happened to other 2?!?!?

I just reloaded 300 9mm for Area 7 tomorrow.
This is the first time I timed myself, using a Dillon 750.

View attachment 510004
Loading the primer tubes took about 4 minutes. But I loaded those last week while sitting at boring conference calls.
Took me a second to realize you were talking about Area 7 Steel Challenge not USPSA [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom