• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Depends on what it is.
I loaded up all my 30 carbine I had. Im good for a very long time
Same with the bulk 55gn 223 stuff - plenty
When it comes to 06, 7.7, 303 and the “cmp games” type of ammo I generally load up 1/2 - Full seasons worth.
Pistol- loaded up a bunch of 45acp SWC
38/357 I load as needed which is not often.
I'm starting the process of reloading 30 carbine. The search for components has begun. Any tips I should know? H110 I've heard is the powder of choice. What about accurate #9?

Is the case tough to run through a turret press or should I be looking to fire up the single stage for this?

I'm starting the process of reloading 30 carbine. The search for components has begun. Any tips I should know? H110 I've heard is the powder of choice. What about accurate #9?

Is the case tough to run through a turret press or should I be looking to fire up the single stage for this?
All I use is H110 for 30 carbine. Haven’t tried AA9. You’ll need to lube the brass. And keep an eye on the case length. In my experience they grow/stretch a lot during sizing (maybe I’m not using enough lube?) so I had to trim/chamfer the cases too.
It’s a PITA but beats paying $1 per round or not being able to find ammo

Is 30 carbine really $1 a round now?!? damn
Sometimes more than a buck a round.

Reason I'm going to attempt reloading it is my son's father in law inherited an m1 carbine and he's only got one box of ammo lol.

Hes gonna pay me for the dies and components and I'll teach him how to do it.

All I use is H110 for 30 carbine. Haven’t tried AA9. You’ll need to lube the brass. And keep an eye on the case length. In my experience they grow/stretch a lot during sizing (maybe I’m not using enough lube?) so I had to trim/chamfer the cases too.
I have some lanolin paste will that work?

H110 is like stripper glitter. Sticks to everything.

I would have to assume it will work. It’s not quite as hard as sizing bottleneck cases so I’m sure paste will work
I got small rifle primers, h110, and Lee 30 carbine dies today. Couldn't find the right projo at ktp but I ordered a box of 250 each 110 grain berry's plated. Was worried about these as any plated projo I've used always said keep velocity below 1200.....30 carbine will be doing 1750 to 1900......but my reading says the berry's plated for 30 carbine are thicker plating and can use any jacketed data for 30 carbine. So......now I wait for the projos to deliver then I'll male up 20 for him to test.

I got small rifle primers, h110, and Lee 30 carbine dies today. Couldn't find the right projo at ktp but I ordered a box of 250 each 110 grain berry's plated. Was worried about these as any plated projo I've used always said keep velocity below 1200.....30 carbine will be doing 1750 to 1900......but my reading says the berry's plated for 30 carbine are thicker plating and can use any jacketed data for 30 carbine. So......now I wait for the projos to deliver then I'll male up 20 for him to test.

From where did you order the Berry's 30 carbine projectiles? I believe the manufacturer does not ship to MA and Larry doesn't have any. The other places I have seen are $$$.

Once I ran out of Hornady 110s I switched to Berrys. Then shoot very well

Coupon code freeshipXB gets you free shipping on your first order. Although it seems to be working for me even though I’m not a new customer 😮
Wow, that’s a smoking deal now.

I think all their other stuff is very competitive too at these sale prices. I have found I can’t go over 60 lbs or something. Have to make 2 orders. And they take a little time to ship, but don’t charge your card until it does ship.

Wow, that’s a smoking deal now.

I think all their other stuff is very competitive too at these sale prices. I have found I can’t go over 60 lbs or something. Have to make 2 orders. And they take a little time to ship, but don’t charge your card until it does ship.
Lmao. 6.8 cents shipped for their 110 grainers. THAT’S a no brainer. Decided to snag some 44 cal bullets too for the desert eagle. Little over 12 cents for those.

I have used my Lee decapping die to push out mangled primers...so far none have gone off, even the sideways ones...
And some smartass at my club threw a handful of primed cases in the burn barrel when we were burning old targets and stuff.
Makes an impressive blast and blows sh!t out the top of the barrel...:D

Not sure if i already told this story but i was neck annealing some 308 LC LR casings with old skool propane flame and somehow had a primed casing . It was a 30 second delay but the heat traveled down the casing and heat ignited the primer . I heard a loud bang, the casing flew off my bench bounced off my back wall, knocked tools off my peg board and the primer actually ejected from the casing and shot across my workshop and impacted and pierced a metal gallon can of mineral spirits. I didnt know about the primer striking the can until a day later when i smelled the mineral spirits odor and puddle on my floor. Goes to proove primers create some serious pressure that can injure ! As crazy as this story sounds , its true.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom