- - - Updated - - -

Installed a redfield 75 on a ruger 10/22
http://i.imgur.com/bGXYuAD.jpg
bGXYuAD.jpg
Aavv9RS.jpg

When im done its going to look like this. Full size stock and a 20"-24" barrel
8zMvgBL.jpg

Last edited:
I made a set of thin grips for my wife's new Sig P238. I had some scrap wenge lying around so I thought I'd put it to good use. It was my first attempt at making grips and I'm really pleased with how they came out.

Let me know what you think. The wife likes them, so I'm happy. :)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 367
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Watched my dad blow apart his Sig 1911 Target pistol yesterday. Double charge of Bullseye I believe with a 200g plated bullet. Looks like the case failed at the base. Mag blew out and the grips went flying. No one got hurt and we took the gun apart that night and it looks ok. Just needs new grips. Pretty crazy to see that in person. I forgot my phone at home so I don't have any pics unfortunately.

We've been working all day except for the two time we went for coffee. It almost seems like we are joined at the hip....oh wait.....

Grips went flying? You say it needs new grip so I'm guessing they broke around the screw holes. And his hands are unhurt? Go buy a lottery ticket!

Watched my dad blow apart his Sig 1911 Target pistol yesterday. Double charge of Bullseye I believe with a 200g plated bullet. Looks like the case failed at the base. Mag blew out and the grips went flying. No one got hurt and we took the gun apart that night and it looks ok. Just needs new grips. Pretty crazy to see that in person. I forgot my phone at home so I don't have any pics unfortunately.

Yea, grips blew apart like balsam wood. Hands stung a little but that's it.

He was having trouble loading up some Berrys that I think were over sized. He said some were seating no problem and others were catching on the case mouth. I told him to just set all of them aside. My guess was he double charged one when he was adjusting the die to bell the mouth more. He uses the Lee Auto Drum and probably didn't turn the powder off.

Last edited:
Forgot to take pics but I took my SKS, SGL-21, Sam7r, Polish AK and coated the Rails and bolt with this New ALG Thin Grease and it seems pretty slick I may say. Paid 13 bucks and think it will last a long time.
go_juice_grease_1_1.jpg

Pulled the Leatherwood M1000 off my FN and put on and boresighted a Bushnell Legend 5x15. The Leatherwood will go on my old Sporter II AR once my flat top upper arrives and its carrying-handleectomy is done. So I now have an excuse to to shoot my FN to get the scope fully dialed in while wait on parts. [grin]

Forgot to take pics but I took my SKS, SGL-21, Sam7r, Polish AK and coated the Rails and bolt with this New ALG Thin Grease and it seems pretty slick I may say. Paid 13 bucks and think it will last a long time.
View attachment 188904

I have some coming in the mail. I've heard good things. I already have a bottle of the Go-Juice lubricant.

35034b21f25185d07bcccb6a3f677a91.jpg
7e594d926e93b81b15410e6b2dfb8973.jpg
3368403d02a001ccb31d91af648f8a46.jpg

Almost done with customizing my G19Gen4. Zev Dragonfly slide, SS dimpled barrell, fulcrum ultimate trigger kit, Ti pins and extended slide lock lever. Now to debate which model RMR to top it with, and I'll be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35034b21f25185d07bcccb6a3f677a91.jpg
7e594d926e93b81b15410e6b2dfb8973.jpg
3368403d02a001ccb31d91af648f8a46.jpg

Almost done with customizing my G19Gen4. Zev Dragonfly slide, SS dimpled barrell, fulcrum ultimate trigger kit, Ti pins and extended slide lock lever. Now to debate which model RMR to top it with, and I'll be done.

That's easy RM06.

I gotta tell ya tho, my buddy build a tier one from scratch, bought the trigger, barrel, slide, magwell, spring, etc.. then he actually bought their tier one and it wasn't the same.
Two different monsters, the trigger alone was crazy

That's easy RM06.

I gotta tell ya tho, my buddy build a tier one from scratch, bought the trigger, barrel, slide, magwell, spring, etc.. then he actually bought their tier one and it wasn't the same.

I hear you on the buying a complete tier 1 vs piecemeal approach. I've had Zev trigger kits in my Glocks for a while, and have a good feel for what works. I imagine the fit might be tighter, but (at least for me) was easier to justify the cost by buying components here and there vs all at once.

Leaning towards cerakoting the frame, but not sure yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear you on the buying a complete tier 1 vs piecemeal approach. I've had Zev trigger kits in my Glocks for a while, and have a good feel for what works. I imagine the fit might be tighter, but (at least for me) was easier to justify the cost by buying components here and there vs all at once.

I hear you man. It makes sense, it's easier to part way with hundreds whenever you can instead of thousands at once.
I thought the same way was until I was adding up how much I've spent in my glock lol

I hear you man. It makes sense, it's easier to part way with hundreds whenever you can instead of thousands at once.
I thought the same way was until I was adding up how much I've spent in my glock lol

Definitely easier a few hundred here and there, then realizing you could've bought 3 stock ones, a handful of prebans, and a case or two of ammo by the time your finished.

Finished stippling my P320 SCR frame. Came out pretty good. Still have a little clean up to do.

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpg
    IMG_2270.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2272.jpg
    IMG_2272.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 72
The grips that come on the Equinox variants of Sig Sauer pistols are nice but I wanted a change of pace.

So this evening for my P238 Equinox I swapped in a set of orange/black G10 grips from LOK Grips http://lokgrips.com/

P238-LOK-grips%20-%20Copy.jpg

This is my second set of LOK grips and I think they look flawless and are very good quality. Previously on my Sig 1911 SME in 9mm I used their 'Spec Op' grips which are a laminate of wood and G10.

Sig-1911T-9-SME_1.jpg

Added some traction to my M2

Stippling on the forend - can you guess what I used ?

And aluminum oxide grit over epoxy on the grip

That's easy RM06.

I had an RM06 on my 34 for a while. It didn't last.

I had an RM06 on my 34 for a while. It didn't last.

That's a very vague answer .. what do you mean it didn't last ??
I have 2 rm06.
One, to test it, i beat it to shit, While taking some classes I used it to rack it off the ground, tables, belts and my boots; I've tossed it in mud and sand; I've ran it in the rain and snow, it's sat in the sun cooking for hours during hot summer days... and I still have it and use this same RMR, the glass is incredibly scratched now, and I wouldn't carry it, but I still have it in a 45 degree mount on my Anderson AR.
annd I have never even replaced the battery on it.

EDIT: the only issue I've ever experienced with it was on my second one, the dot use to dim while shooting, pulled into battery tabs out a bit .. never came off my Glock again.

Last edited:
That's a very vague answer .. what do you mean it didn't last ??
I have 2 rm06.
One, to test it, i beat it to shit, While taking some classes I used it to rack it off the ground, tables, belts and my boots; I've tossed it in mud and sand; I've ran it in the rain and snow, it's sat in the sun cooking for hours during hot summer days... and I still have it and use this same RMR, the glass is incredibly scratched now, and I wouldn't carry it, but I still have it in a 45 degree mount on my Anderson AR.
annd I have never even replaced the battery on it.

EDIT: the only issue I've ever experienced with it was on my second one, the dot use to dim while shooting, pulled into battery tabs out a bit .. never came off my Glock again.

I didn't play with mine, I put it on a gun and shot it. Had it on a Glock 34. Didn't make it through half a season before it started turning off at random. Played with the contacts, tape on the battery, it's never made it through another match without problems since it started - probably had 4-5K rounds on it when the problems started. Took it off the Glock, put it on a revolver, same issue.

Now it's on my sons Rascal.

I didn't play with mine, I put it on a gun and shot it. Had it on a Glock 34. Didn't make it through half a season before it started turning off at random. Played with the contacts, tape on the battery, it's never made it through another match without problems since it started - probably had 4-5K rounds on it when the problems started. Took it off the Glock, put it on a revolver, same issue.

Now it's on my sons Rascal.

Battery tabs

Yes, I adjusted the contacts / "battery tabs".
A friend of mine has the adjustable LED model, after his his third replacement for the same defect he switched to a Leopold and has had better luck

Personally I am also on my second replacement on a always on LED model, my problem was with windage screw walking under recoil. The first two units failed at about 1-1.5k rounds. My current one is so far OK at about 2k.

A friend of mine has the adjustable LED model, after his his third replacement for the same defect he switched to a Leopold and has had better luck

Personally I am also on my second replacement on a always on LED model, my problem was with windage screw walking under recoil. The first two units failed at about 1-1.5k rounds. My current one is so far OK at about 2k.

I should probably send mine back just to get a new one I can sell to some unsuspecting sucker... I have no intention of shooting PO until my vision is too bad for irons and I'm too slow for open.

Back
Top Bottom