What did you do to your firearm today.

14980672_1181151651938199_8986317322326867286_n.jpg

I noticed the ejector is broken on my STI.
I have no idea how long it has been like this. I shot a match today with it, about 130 rounds without issue.

Could it have broken on the very last round fired? Or did it break a couple of weeks ago and has been still working for several hundred rounds?

Replaced the plastic STI trigger in my Trojan with a Fusion trigger. Stripped to the frame for first time. Fitted the trigger bow and polished it. Went together pretty easily thanks to youtube.
d22420ae56195abb7f13740e04f6f877.jpg
012bfafca3ac8b7e3e4408cdaa4f5120.jpg

Last edited:
Installed a Dawson Precision arched mainspring housing in my Dan Wesson PM9. Also put on some hogue rubber finger groove grips. I have decent size hands and I'm noticing that it's hard to get a good grip with my support hand since my strong hand fingers pretty much wrap around the grip/frame and don't allow much room for my support hand.

I'm trying to get a high, thumbs forward grip and it seems like this should help.

Then yesterday I cleaned my Garand, A3, and K31 after finding some oxidized copper fouling in the bores. Also found rust on the Garand op rod so I made sure to do a full detail strip and clean.

Did a trigger job on my newest 1911, a Norinco bought from the classifieds here. What a nice gun for a good price. I'll be shooting IDPA with it tomorrow.

IMG_0232.jpg

ETA: Took highest CDP score with it. Gun works.

Last edited:
Borrowed a friend's Sig P320 Compact 9mm. Sweet shooting gun. It's now on my bucket list.

Got to shoot my Shield 9 with the new Dawson Fiber Optic Sight that I had Tim (G&N Gunsmithing/Gartman) install. Awesome pickup on those sights and consequent improvement on grouping nicely.

Got to shoot my Ruger SR9 FS that Tim tweaked the Ghost Trigger for me. Nice shooting gun now. It was a brutal factory trigger initially.

Installed a Dawson Precision arched mainspring housing in my Dan Wesson PM9. Also put on some hogue rubber finger groove grips. I have decent size hands and I'm noticing that it's hard to get a good grip with my support hand since my strong hand fingers pretty much wrap around the grip/frame and don't allow much room for my support hand.

I'm trying to get a high, thumbs forward grip and it seems like this should help.

I have small hands and the houge oversized finger grips help a lot.

Nice! I am waiting on a pair of "Retro Target" Ahrends for my 617 right now. Cant wait :)

617 with the retro target grips. They look very nice but the fit is so so. The bottom of the grip lines up perfect but some other points not so much. The stock rubber grips were just too narrow for me and these give a good deal more to hold onto.

Edit: I couldn't leave good enough alone, so after some tweaking with pocket knife and wife's nail file they line up much better.

Before

After

Last edited:
Cleaned 'em. Still have 3 guns left to clean from the Turkey Shoot.

Also discovered that my wife's Mark II has a broken bolt stop pin!! Never actually seen that before. Not to mention it's just plain worn out where the receiver fits to the frame. It's getting mailed to Ruger either this afternoon or tomorrow morning to get repaired.

Did a little Bubba gunsmithing on my G19 yesterday. Have no fear, I wasn't drinking coors light while I was grinding my gun with a dremel; that action was fueled by bud light.
033313ba9edad399f1f7f0f9371bb580.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Learned my grandfathers old Savage Model 99 was a takedown. Now to get it freed up. Probably hasn't been taken down in 60 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got around to doing up my SW22 Victory.

Tandemkross(TK) Victory Trigger Kit
TK Halo Charging Ring
TK VictoryPro Extended Mag Base
Volquartsen SS Fluted Barrel w/Forward Blow Compensator
Volq. Exact Edge Extractor
Volq. Picatinny Scope Rail
Altamont Rosewood Grips & Engraved Grip Screws
Sight Mark Sure Shot Reflex Red Dot
#61 O-ring on the take down screw.

Sorry for the crappy photo. Just did this today and my camera takes lousy indoor photo's. I really like the Rosewood grips, but cant really get see the color or detail of them in the photo. I like the feel of them better than the OEM plastic.

Out of the box.

20161125_184429_zpsuhtc2t8e.jpg

Now

20161126_150832_zpsxvhwtkfl.jpg

Last edited:
What did I do to my firearm today? I shot it!

Scored a 280-4X tonight. My first Expert score.

This pic of the pistol wasn't taken tonight; I removed the comp; it was adding a bit too much weight for me. And I shoot CCI Standard these days.
IMG_20150413_190901729_zpsojx31tvm.jpg

af77ab04-5f0a-4b27-9518-fe24110f516f_zpstu9jchi1.jpg

686d3df9-a492-49ad-a1fe-5d1c016d99ba_zpswgehlosb.jpg

92bae771-20e7-4d8e-aa6d-7f174c7c60a7_zpsldpf8dl4.jpg

Installed an EWK Arms fiber optic front sight for the 2.5" barrel assembly on my Dan Wesson 44 mag.

Installed 5 original German K98 slings from Norway on my Mauser collection; replaced three reproduction slings and two lessor quality originals. I also put a coat of Tung oil on my RC AR42 ZF41 in anticipation of the restored scope arriving in two weeks.

T

Attachments

• IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN5382.jpg
    DSCN5382.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Lower parts came in today to finish my Grendel Build When I get home tonight the lower will be all but finished just waiting on my Rise trigger to come in and she'll be ready to rock and roll. Just gotta build up my ammo stash.

Tried appendix carrying my shield. It was pretty good. I think I'll like it more in the summer with light clothes. Used a blackhawk arc which far out performed it's $17 price tag I think.

Back
Top Bottom