What did you do to your firearm today.

What did you do to your firearm today...

Tuesday I took it for an overnight sleepover at Pullman Arms. :rolleyes:

Today I put it back together and got it all dolled up to take pretty pictures of the new Yankee Hill Machine "Slant" muzzle brake installed on its Adams Arms piston upper. :D

ZH0tw5A.jpg

XyqmF0K.jpg

KMwsj2O.jpg

Looking to start a new topic. I'm on a couple Jeep forums and they have the What did you do to you're Jeep today topic. Its cool because its all in one thread and it ranges from the smallest thing to big changes but if helps with ideas you may not have thought of or hey how did you do that. Just like the new acquisitions you can scroll through the pages and get ideas or help someone out or just see some cool DIY stuff. Sorry if this is a dumb idea.

I finished up some stippling on my Express Magnum. Really liking the foregrip and the stock helps with a good purchase when reloading. Its subtle and not noticeable from a distance

I put back in the safe and bought another one! Gotta collect them all.

Put an Apex Flat faced trigger, forward sear kit in the 45 Shield, added Trigicon Night Sights along with it.

Put some Meprolight night sights on the Glock 22 Gen 4.....took like 5 mins to do that.

No Blue , but they are coming off today anyway, I 've got the 13# spring and the extended firing pin etc. to install
probably today. I don't even know the difference between red and blue locktite LOL!

It is just my opinion, but I think compressed o-rings should be enough, and if not then Blue Loctite. I personally would not use Red on something I hope to easily remove for cleaning or replacement.

This website has a nice little primer on the grades of Loctite thread locker.
The Difference Between Red, Blue, Green and Purple Threadlockers - Henkel Adhesive Technologies Blog

I don't care what somebody wrote in a blog, or even what the manufacturer put on the label, red thread locking compound is not permanent, nor does it require heat to disassemble.

When it comes to keeping screws tight, the harsh vibrations on a firearm dictate the use of red thread locking compound.

I say 'thread locking compound' because I use Permatex brand stuff at work and I got into the habit of specifically not calling it by its competitors name.

Custom made some wood grips for my Beretta. Wood is from a tree that fell down in my back yard last year.

Attachments

• IMG_20180217_172512_884.jpg
    IMG_20180217_172512_884.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20180217_172512_886.jpg
    IMG_20180217_172512_886.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20180217_172512_884.jpg
    IMG_20180217_172512_884.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20180217_172512_886.jpg
    IMG_20180217_172512_886.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 28
D82CCC26-DAD1-4717-9E9F-88495DA8B980.jpeg A8FA9D23-90B7-45AA-B62E-616CE5169707.jpeg C20AB61A-BF4B-47B3-B32E-FD6389F48277.jpeg Posted this in the February Acquisitions but wanted to share again. Decided to have my gen 5 frame stippled. Looked around and prices and lead times where to high and too long. Was referred to a guy in central MA. 2 weeks I got this back. Beyond impressed with his work. It rivals companies that charge $400 plus. If anyone is interested his email is below. Thanks

[email protected]

The only thing I don't like about having a gun stippled is unlike a regular gun with grips,if you don't like the grips you have on your gun you can always change them. With a stippled gun your stuck with it no way can you go back.

The only thing I don't like about having a gun stippled is unlike a regular gun with grips,if you don't like the grips you have on your gun you can always change them. With a stippled gun your stuck with it no way can you go back.

Agree for the most part...I have a few G17s. My preferred goto gun is a full size glock. While I love the no finger groves my grip didn’t feel as secure with the gen 5 as it felt with the gen 4. While it is a roll of the dice, I was detailed in what I didn’t want and what I wanted. Andy did a great job following my instructions. Very impressed. Grip is awesome and it made the world of difference. Didn’t change any angels or feeling just make the texture mildly aggressive and you can feel it.

Finally got around to finishing a Matrix 7.62 build. Some cheap flip ups for now til I decide on a set of fixed.

Also changed up the texture on my G34orgery

IMG_7447.JPG IMG_7432.JPG IMG_7433.JPG

I shipped my Sako Finnbear to the buyer in Kentucky today. That's the third one shipped this week. I took a beating on it by having no reserve on the listing. Accurate gun, nice scope, and Sako rings. Oh well...rolled the dice and came up short on that one. I've sold 18 guns in the last year and have a few more to go and I'll be left with my favorites. They are easy to buy but take some work to sell. But, no regrets...it takes some trial and error to figure out what you like.

I shot (two of) them.

Shooting trap with a skeet gun is a fool’s errand. I’ve done this before too...

Then I played with the 92FS for a bit.

Tinkered with the 1022 some more to get it ready for an Appleseed some day. Added Tandemkross auto bolt release and extractor, Volquartsen mag release, and sling swivels. Was nervous drilling the stock but went easy. Much harder was adding the swivel to the front band and had to remove some material and then hold blue to get it to still squeeze snugly. 20190112_142843.jpg 20190112_144419.jpg 20190112_151120.jpg 20190112_151129.jpg

What happened to this thread? I loved looking at the improvements or change members made to their guns. I just ordered new Trijicon HD XR sights for my G45. I'm going to attempt the work myself. YouTube videos make it look easy enough. I'll post pics unless I pull a hack job.

Back
Top Bottom