What did you do to your firearm today.

I am trying to remove a stripped screw from a Gen4 G17 with a Vortex Viper. I am replacing it with a Venom that just arrived in the mail. Time to drill it out and remove it I guess.

Ordered a Nightforce C610 today. Picked up an Aimpoint Comp M4s while at the store. Expensive day today.

CCP limit?
Its an IDPA thing

ZZRbvBO.jpg

Put away the P365 because it made me sad. Had a malfunction where the mag follower got stuck after 7 shots. Smacked the mag a couple of times to get it unstuck. Also had a squib with winchester pdx-1 and bullet was stuck in the barrel. Back to carrying a glock 26 for now.

Weighed two handguns in comparison of carry weight.

When weighed each was loaded and in similar Alpha Concealment "Prometheus" kydex IWB holsters.

HK VP9 with 10+1 9mm Federal 124gr HST = 2lb 2.5oz (fits in a 7-1/2" x 5-3/4" box)

Glock 30 with 10+1 45ACP Speer 185gr Gold Dot = 2lb 4.8oz (fits in a 7-1/4" x 5-1/8" box)

I carried my HK P30SK in an OWB holster all winter, but when I wanted to shift to IWB in the spring my wife had adopted my Sig P365.

I decided to try carrying a pistol that I usually would not carry in spring/summer clothing, the VP9.
So I have been carrying the VP9 for a couple months now and it really is an easy and fairly discrete tote thanks to the Alpha holster which is very form fitting to the pistol, not a lot of excess material.

But I was thinking of moving to the G30 for a while, just because I occasionally like to justify owning it, and wondered what the difference was to the VP9.

🐯

P.S.> Wife announced this morning that I could reclaim my P365 as she was switching to her P938 with her summer corset (holster) and trigger guard.

4.8oz difference seems negligible especially when you're going to .45 from 9mm.

Dropped my x95 off today for a new muzzle brake to be pinned.
yhm-26-mb-a-new.jpg

4.8oz difference seems negligible especially when you're going to .45 from 9mm.

It is actually a 2.3 oz difference, which makes your point even more valid. But there is another consideration the G30 is a "compact" pistol with a short grip but it loads out heavier (and slightly wider) than the full size VP9 -- that is a bit counterintuitive.
Anyway switched to the G30 for a while.

Dropped my x95 off today for a new muzzle brake to be pinned.
View attachment 366601

Is that a Yankee Hill Machine Slant Brake/Comp (YHM-26) you have got there?

I have one of those on one of my rifles it is effective and very cool looking.
I will be very interested to see what it looks like on an X95, please post photos when you can.
Below is what it looks like on my Adams Arms piston upper.

XyqmF0K.jpg

ZH0tw5A.jpg

🐯

I've had this Russian commercial Makarov for a while and the finish on it was crummy. Last week I ordered a can of Brownells Aluma-Hyde II Dark Parkerizing Gray and it arrived last night. This morning I cleaned and hung all the exposed parts on the gun and sprayed them. It looks pretty good. I think I'll wait the recommended two weeks cure time and put a second coat on them. I rarely shoot this gun because, well it's a friggin .380 Makarov. Too much gun for such a diminutive caliber but it shoots sweet and runs on anything. Might as well make it look nicer for the 2 times a year it comes out of the safe.

001.JPG

Finally picked up my frame from Lou at BEC. I should have done the stippling sooner. Obviously he did the stippling, undercut and removed the finger grooves. I opted to leave the groove for the backstraps as well just in case I wanted to use them. IMG_20200711_221029_01.jpg

I dropped it off with him and he was done with it pretty much same day but then Covid locked things down and I didn't make it out there until recently. I was in no rush.

Back
Top Bottom