• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do to your firearm today.

Spun off a barrel for a friend.
Rescuing a M1917. Had to make a relief cut to get this one off.
Barrel was cut back 4” and front sight soldered on.

Attachments

• 7D24FF36-5CAA-4A1C-A076-75187ED84AA8.jpeg
    7D24FF36-5CAA-4A1C-A076-75187ED84AA8.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 7
I am waiting on delivery of a Holosun HS510C open reflex sight for one of my rifles that currently has a Sig Romeo 4 on it.

This will be the second one I have bought in the last week. The first one my wife stole for her SBR (yes it is that kind of relationship... too cool right?).

zxD9uPY.png

However why I am really posting is to share that I also just ordered a neoprene cover for the sight, something that is not available from Holosun but is from this small company in MI.

I bought it from them through eBay but they also sell direct from their website (they are also sell on Amazon if you must).

They make custom molded covers for maybe a dozen different sights from various manufactures, they all sell for $15 + $4 shipping
I can't testify to the fit and hardiness but they have good reviews on the websites they sell on.

UfWcNDZ.png

🐯

Changed grips on my S&W 34 22lr snub to match my old faithful S&W 36 Chief snub nose 38 spl. Cheaper to practice with . Wood looks good but the Pachmayr Compact Professional , no finger grove , fits the hand much better and feels better then wood. If your in the market for grips for your snub nose , worth a look.

Finally removed the talon grip tape and put a back strap on my Glock 17. Ended up with Medium with the beaver tail. Forgot to put the grip plug in first though. Too lazy to redo it right now lol

I am waiting on delivery of a Holosun HS510C open reflex sight for one of my rifles that currently has a Sig Romeo 4 on it.

This will be the second one I have bought in the last week. The first one my wife stole for her SBR (yes it is that kind of relationship... too cool right?).

zxD9uPY.png

However why I am really posting is to share that I also just ordered a neoprene cover for the sight, something that is not available from Holosun but is from this small company in MI.

I bought it from them through eBay but they also sell direct from their website (they are also sell on Amazon if you must).

They make custom molded covers for maybe a dozen different sights from various manufactures, they all sell for $15 + $4 shipping
I can't testify to the fit and hardiness but they have good reviews on the websites they sell on.

UfWcNDZ.png

🐯

The cover arrived. It is a very reasonable thickness/structure and it fits like a glove.

I have already ordered a second one of the same for another rifle here, and I will likely order one they make for the Burris FastFire 3.

d1s6RgD.jpg

🐯

Finally got a holster for my Glock 17. First Lightbearing holster and really my first kydex. Got an alienwear but put my compact 1911 in it once and decided I didn't like it. Also first holster I've adjusted tension on which was weird. It came super tight and was shaving kydex with the light.

20210122_233011.jpg

It's a Werkz M7 and thanks to @BarnBuilder for the heads up about the brand. Only took six days to arrive! That's it next to a Woolfe gunleather IWB holster for my Glock 22.

A brand new baby just got its first SRO! :)
And loving it.

View attachment 443514
Damn. I am a believer now.
Just zeroed it at 10yds, then shot it for a first time ever. It definitely takes time to get used to its weight and handling.
But, when it is held tight - it delivers. I am still getting used to its trigger release after glock, but, i am getting there.
Every time i try to speed things up it goes lower - but, it is all about the grip.
That CZ thing can shoot for sure. But, damn, it is heavy.
1612193737546.png

Last edited:
Damn. I am a believer now.
Just zeroed it at 10yds, then shot it for a first time ever. It definitely takes time to get used to its weight and handling.
But, when it is held tight - it delivers. I am still getting used to its trigger release after glock, but, i am getting there.
Every time i try to speed things up it goes lower - but, it is all about the grip.
That CZ thing can shoot for sure. But, damn, it is heavy.
View attachment 444260
being heavy probably helps you shoot a little better.

being heavy probably helps you shoot a little better.
Nah, it is really mostly trigger. I am waiting for Cajun parts kit, will see how it will feel.
It is difficult to switch from Glock break to CZ. Feels odd.

While zeroing cz I checked g34 from rifle bag - while settled it plants every shot into same hole same as cz. I need to shoot some steel at Harvard next to see how it will differ. CZ is very smooth. But, feels very different.

Back
Top Bottom