• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do?

SKS Ray

NES Member
Well, the shakes are coming to an end and turning to light jitters but they'll fade soon. [smile]
So what did everyone else do while the forums were down?

Me, I spent my time scrolling through Survivor's SKS boards and participating in sections I normally wouldn't which is good because its always cool talking about stuff with new folks. I also surfed Gunboards but the god awful slow load times for pages had me gritting my teeth. I did see other lost NESrs there though.[laugh]

i loaded up all my magazines, strapped on all my molle gear, got locked and loaded and waited for the gungrabbers to knock at my door

i thought for sure the time had come for us...

I spent the time answering Emails, bugging Derek, and checking ARfcom, CombatCarry, GlockTalk, S&W (hadn't been there in ages) and the 2A forums. Plus did some mods to a few computers here, installed some new HW and SW.

It's like coming home from work and finding your house missing!
rugerforum sixgunner.com sigforum S&W forum TFL GT GBO are all interesting places.

Ebay (cleanned out the closets) selling stuff, Makarov.com...other gunboard forums but like someone else mentioned...sloooooooooooooow! And kept trying here hoping it was some sort of a glitch and nothing serious.

Bought a nice new S&W 640 from FS on Saturday... fired it that
afternoon.... I was impressed. I can shoot that thing 100 times
better than I ever shot the 642 that I had about a year or so
ago. Maybe it's because the recoil isn't beating the snot out of my hand
on every shot. That might have something to do with it. [grin] I could
still hit the target at 25 feet... with a 642 I would be lucky to hit the thing
like once out of 5 shots. With the 640 I was actually getting a few in
the black. Up close it worked even better.

Today I went to the Westminster R+G pin shoot, where me and a bunch of
other guys got our asses handed to us by Otasan. I think I managed to
beat him a total of one time and only by a hair, and he had like one or two
pins more to deal with! Attendance was low but it was still pretty
fun. I didn't do too bad considering I hadn't shot at a bowling pin in
over 5 months.

-Mike

Sat in front of the computer like a zombie......saying...now what am I gonna do? Went to Youtube.com and watch some gun related videos of SMG's being fired to cheer me up.

I tried distraction therapy

Went to Gearworks over in Leominster and wound up taking this home.

GLB_GLB_Bronze_us_d.jpg

Nothing fancy but enough to get me offa my big fat butt.

Went up to a friend's house and played Iron Dragon.

Kept my conservative mouth shut until said friend started in on how everything was so terrible in Iraq now that the EEEVIL BusHalliburton machine had screwed everything up and there were no schools and there was sewage running down the streets... whereupon, with the aid of another friend of theirs (a Navy vet) we proceeded to explain to her about just how much the infrastructure has been improved over in Iraq, how many schools have been built, that there's more reliable electricity over there now, etc. She just sat there like a deer in the lights. I think we got through to her, though...

But I didn't say anything until she started, honest!! [smile]

Went to Gearworks over in Leominster and wound up taking this home.

GLB_GLB_Bronze_us_d.jpg

Nothing fancy but enough to get me offa my big fat butt.

That's a funny looking gun... Is it a foot powered Gatling gun?

I was searching for some other place to get my fix, but there's nothing like NES. Joined M1911.org forum and browsed the high road a while looking for ways to break, er... modify, my 1911.

I worked around the house on Sat. It was WAY too nice to be inside. I cleaned up the yard, got the early spring fertilizer down. Took my bonsai trees out of winter storage, and did some maintenance clean-up on them. Cleaned out the garden of last years plants. Explained to my neighbor that NO I wouldn't come over to his house and shoot his cat for him, and NO I wouldn't loan him a gun so he could put it down. Went shooting, watched a couple of movies I have been meaning to watch. Processed a few hundred pieces of 45 auto brass.. And of course drank WAY too much!

DAMN, I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend...

Went up to a friend's house and played Iron Dragon.

Kept my conservative mouth shut until said friend started in on how everything was so terrible in Iraq now that the EEEVIL BusHalliburton machine had screwed everything up and there were no schools and there was sewage running down the streets... whereupon, with the aid of another friend of theirs (a Navy vet) we proceeded to explain to her about just how much the infrastructure has been improved over in Iraq, how many schools have been built, that there's more reliable electricity over there now, etc. She just sat there like a deer in the lights. I think we got through to her, though...

But I didn't say anything until she started, honest!! [smile]

Sure Ross, sure we are going to believe that.[laugh] Should point her to a few mil blogs to read.

I worked around the house on Sat. It was WAY too nice to be inside. I cleaned up the yard, got the early spring fertilizer down. Took my bonsai trees out of winter storage, and did some maintenance clean-up on them. Cleaned out the garden of last years plants. Explained to my neighbor that NO I wouldn't come over to his house and shoot his cat for him, and NO I wouldn't loan him a gun so he could put it down. Went shooting, watched a couple of movies I have been meaning to watch. Processed a few hundred pieces of 45 auto brass.. And of course drank WAY too much!

DAMN, I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend...

Must be nice to see grass.[laugh] We are just now seeing grassy parts on the lawn. [laugh] It still has white stuff on the ground. Actually I have been reading alot, re arranging my spare room/ sewing room, and enjoying the family.
Glenn made sushi for us. Which Alan absolutely loved, and Sara our latest addition to our household thought it was better than what she ever got in a restaurant and wants Glenn to give her lessons in sushi making.[laugh]

Went to a Bar Mitzvah on Saturday, then watched the snow melt, then went shooting with Matt at the Gardner "Bat Cave". It was my first time there; a functional place though a little short on atmosphere. Got to try Matt's new-to-him 1911, verrry nice.

Oh, and I got some stuff done at work on Friday, which has been a novel concept since I discovered NES [smile]

Took my Mosin to the range. Took the kids to bike shop, they have a birthday in a couple of months. Good fun.

Sure Ross, sure we are going to believe that.[laugh] Should point her to a few mil blogs to read.

Hey, Sue... I've learned my lesson with these two. I love them dearly (they're two of my closest friends), but they both went to UMass-Amhearst and drank waay too much Kool-Aid while they were there; both of them suffer from an advanced case of Bush Derangement Syndrome. [rolleyes]

Unfortunately for Dina's preconceived notions, she just hit the wrong note Saturday and I couldn't keep my mouth shut any more.

Pilgrim hun - you feeling better now??? I hope so.

What did I do? Well...I didn't clean anything. [laugh] I spent the time doing some tweaking on my book, took the pup for a walk on Saturday, went out for chinese food with mom, spent more time tweaking, went to the range on Sunday to see Uncle Walter...that's about it.

Yup, dunno what hit me. Cold sweats, felt like someone hit me in the back of the neck and my legs felt like they got run over by a truck.

It really sucked as my son wanted to go to the range with me today and in the middle of the afternoon, Mrs Pilgrim asked if I felt well enough to take HER to the range.

I didn't.

Well, lets see....

On Saturday, I started the day hanging outside the club for almost an hour because the (explitive deleted) who was supposed to show up to let us all in to delead the range was late.

Left there early to take my dog, Dukie, to the Mass Vet Referral Hospital in Woburn. After a long exam, we are scheduled to return this week for an MRI and possible surgery.

Stopped at a kitchen and bath showroom in Bedford (across the street from the Woburn Sportsman Club) so that my wife and I could look at toilets for the new bathroom.

Ended the day with a 17 month year old meltdown. (molars still coming in)

Sunday we slept late because we didn't really sleep much. Went to church, but spent most of the time in the "Cry Room".

Maya cooked a fantastic Pork Tenderloin dinner. I did some house cleaning and took Milan to Walmart to get some Matchbox cars.

Hit the sack about 10pm and was up from midnight to 4am with a very miserable child.

Every so often I'd ping the forum hoping for some good banter, but alas...

Saturday. Had breakfast with some friends, went up to the repeater site and helped my friend pull the repeater so he could fix it. Checked to see if NES was back up. Did some errands. Checked to see if NES was back up. Had my taxes done (refund yea!). Checked to see if NES was back up. Installed the new stereo in my truck. Checked to see if NES was back up. Went up to Revere to Uncle Pete's for ribs. Checked to see if NES was back up. Went to bed.

Sunday. Slept late for a change. Checked to see if NES was back up. Went back to the repeater site with my friend to put the now fixed repeater back in. Took my daughter to Costco to buy a camera. Checked to see if NES was back up. Did some laundry. Checked to see if NES was back up. Got a call from my mother because she had no water in her Condo. Burst pipe in bathroom. Moved her to a friend's house for overnight. NES is back up! Posted, ate dinner, went to bed.

Gary

I've been house shopping lately so on Saturday I drove out to Barrington NH to look at a place. To be more specific, I let my 16-year old daughter do the driving since she needs more practice behind the wheel before she goes for her license test. Fortunately, I lived to tell the tale.

Yup, dunno what hit me. Cold sweats, felt like someone hit me in the back of the neck and my legs felt like they got run over by a truck.

It really sucked as my son wanted to go to the range with me today and in the middle of the afternoon, Mrs Pilgrim asked if I felt well enough to take HER to the range.

I didn't.

Whoa....you MUST have been sick. Glad you're feeling better now. [smile]

my wife had the wip cracking all weekend... in the little spare time I had I went to ames R&P and threw some lead down range.

The rest of my weekend I spent putting up a new railing, building a bowflex, going to some thing for my kids school next year, going to my brothers for his B-day, shopping at BJ's, and following orders from the wife who has been in an insane "spring cleaning" mood lately.

By the time I noticed it was dwon... I was too tired to worry.

Back
Top Bottom