What do your Cops carry

My local PD and the Miami County Sheriff's Office both issue Glocks. Model unknown at this time.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol issues SIG P226s in .40 S&W.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swansea PD.

M&P (at least that's what the policeman was carrying when I called about the skunk that got hit on my street and was in the process of punching out) - Don't know the caliber.

Saw a squad car that had a Ruger Mini 14 and Mossberg between the 2 front seats.

Worcester PD, UMass Medical School/University campus both carry M&P45. The hospital has Mossy 500's in all of the cruisers, and LTL Shotguns in a few cars, UMass Memorial carries Glocks I believe. Westborough carries Glock 22's, Bushy M4s in each cruiser (WITH the happy switch).

And going way back, another reason departments generally don't allow individual officers to pick whatever gun they want is continuity of magazines, etc. If something big were to go down, departments with all the same firearms could throw fresh mags to one another and not have to worry about them fitting or not.

Last edited:
For Leominster, Auxiliary's (at least) issued weapon is Sig P226 DAK in 357Sig

Lancaster had their info posted online, but can't find it right now, I remember SigPro SP2022 DAO in 357Sig I think

Was at the range last month and was talking with a NH State Police Officer. He said they had recently switched over to the S&W M&P45

...And going way back, another reason departments generally don't allow individual officers to pick whatever gun they want is continuity of magazines, etc. If something big were to go down, departments with all the same firearms could throw fresh mags to one another and not have to worry about them fitting or not.

How often, if EVER, have departments thrown fresh mags to one another in Mass or anywhere? What is this, Hollywood? I mean, it sounds almost plausible on paper, but come on, for realsies here.

Years ago we could carry what we wanted for court and I'd carry something different than issued on details too. That's all changed now. When "working" we must carry the issued firearm.

Jon,

Are you able/willing to say what the nature of the union issue is...(just curious)? PM me if you prefer.

Lee County Sheriff's Dept. carry Glock G22's, I did see a female security guard at the Social Security Office here carrying an M&P, couldn't tell what caliber, but probably a 9mm.

My nephew is a new officer in Nashua and he is carrying a S&W M&P 40.

I could have swore they switched to M&P .45's

Keep in mind, this was an OLD thread that was just revived.

Wellfleet PD Glocks

Wellfleet issues Glocks, but will allow their officers to carry any quality gun in a serious caliber (higher than .38 in revolver, 9mm in semi-auto) that they can qualify with.

For Leominster, Auxiliary's (at least) issued weapon is Sig P226 DAK in 357Sig

So do the regular cops in Leominster.

How often, if EVER, have departments thrown fresh mags to one another in Mass or anywhere? What is this, Hollywood? I mean, it sounds almost plausible on paper, but come on, for realsies here.

My thoughts exactly.

I did see a female security guard at the Social Security Office here carrying an M&P, couldn't tell what caliber, but probably a 9mm.

In Florida, armed guards can only carry 9mm semi-autos or .38 revolvers (.357 revolvers are allowed, but only with factory .38 ammo).

So you saw an M&P 9mm or a security guard committing a misdemeanor. [laugh]

Last edited:
I heard that Plymouth was going to the M&P.

That's what we've been hearing, the .45. I think it's been in the works for a while now as I seem to remember a friend of mine who is on Plymouth P.D. telling me about it at a party at my house quite some time ago. I had been reading this thread yesterday so it reminded me I wanted to ask him what was going on, and as it happens he came by my house last night. Of course...I forgot [thinking].

I've been thinking of buying one myself, so I'm hoping to hear good/bad reports from him when they start transitioning to them...if it happens.

I heard that Plymouth was going to the M&P.
The S&W 4043 has been retired and was replaced with the S&W M&P45.

Jon,

Are you able/willing to say what the nature of the union issue is...(just curious)? PM me if you prefer.
Not sure what you're asking.

That's what we've been hearing, the .45. I think it's been in the works for a while now as I seem to remember a friend of mine who is on Plymouth P.D. telling me about it at a party at my house quite some time ago. I had been reading this thread yesterday so it reminded me I wanted to ask him what was going on, and as it happens he came by my house last night. Of course...I forgot [thinking].

I've been thinking of buying one myself, so I'm hoping to hear good/bad reports from him when they start transitioning to them...if it happens.

The transition has been completed. I may be posting what was experienced through the transition later but I have 100% faith in trusting my M&P45.

Back
Top Bottom