What do your Cops carry

S&W 4043 and the Colt Govt. On occasion I'll get a Rem 870 in place of the rifle.
DSCF0032.jpg

C-pher said:
North Attleboro, Para Ordnance P14.45 LDA Stainless

Norfolk also, because NA was so happy with them.

AFAIK, Wrentham still carries S&W 4006s. I think Plainville has Glocks, but am not positive.

Westfield-
Patrol- S&W 4006 TSW, Rem 870(seen acouple of Mossy's too)
SRT-Sig p226R DAK .40, Bushmaster M4, H&K UMP 40, and Rem. 870

Northampton-
Glock 22, heard they had AR's but not sure.

Westfield State College PD-
S&W 4013 TSW

Carry

Barnstable Sigarms P229
Yarmouth Glock 22
Bourne Sigarms SIGPRO
Mashpee Beretta 92FS
Boston Glock 23
Weymouth Glock 22
Mass State Police Sig P226

ArmedMainer said:
AHHH Portland,Maine. Is Chitwood still chief there? You know.....the guy who thinks non-LEO have no use owning guns. He and the NRA have had at it a few times.

he's gone now. This was after I was Exiled from Maine, but I'm super glad Chitwood is nolonger around. The old Port was HEAVILY patroled by officers DURRING THE DAY, but as soon as the bars opened up they'd all go home. Then when an incident happened late at night in a bar, Chitwood would just refuse to grant the bar a renewal of the liquor licence. [rolleyes] That's kinda like saying you can own all the guns you want, just ammo is illigal!

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Not sure about greenfield, but I know NY state troopers have g17's, moving soon to whatever the Glock .45 is.

Here's a question...

Are police officers allowed to purchase their own duty weapon (of their choice) provided that they qualify with it? Or is that something that is left up to the Chief?

Adam_MA said:
Here's a question...

Are police officers allowed to purchase their own duty weapon (of their choice) provided that they qualify with it? Or is that something that is left up to the Chief?
Some departments do allow this, most do not. Mine does not. It's a union issue as well. In some states, officers buy their own equipment and are NOT reimbursed.

When I was a Reserve PO, our chief allowed us to buy our own duty weapon, as long as it used the same ammo as was issued to us. We qualified with our own weapon or one of four spares that they had (but hardly ever were cleaned).

All uniforms and equipment we purchased or needed was on our own dime. [Only exception was for the women who were appointed, they were given full uniforms out of the PD budget . . . none of the men appointed got that.]

Since we were allowed to work paid details/paid shifts after we graduated from the Police Academy, I used to rack up some heavy tax deductions on IRS 2106 forms (employee business expenses).

FT POs were given a certain amount of uniform equipment and an issue firearm (they could NOT buy and carry their own) and an annual allowance for uniform replacement and/or cleaning costs.

My buddy that went from NA to the State Police carries, I think, a Sig 226.

And when he was at NA. He said that he was allowed to buy his own Court gun. He had a Para C6 or C7 I believe that he would carry into court. I also think that he was allowed to buy his Bushmaster M4 as well. But his duty gun was provided.

I can double check the next time that I see him, but I'm pretty sure that's what he was saying.

Years ago we could carry what we wanted for court and I'd carry something different than issued on details too. That's all changed now. When "working" we must carry the issued firearm.

Our cops carry 40 cal glocks.

I hear the new buzz word is the 357SIG. Its a 357mag in an auto with the same power as the 125jhp 357mag as the 357sig 125jhp. Lets face it its a copy of the 7,62 tokarev on steroids but we won't go there because its a commie round.

BigBill said:
Our cops carry 40 cal glocks.

I hear the new buzz word is the 357SIG. Its a 357mag in an auto with the same power as the 125jhp 357mag as the 357sig 125jhp. Lets face it its a copy of the 7,62 tokarev on steroids but we won't go there because its a commie round.

It's really a necked down .40.

Arioch said:
Hingham went to .40S&W Glocks after a brief stint with 9mm Glocks.

So did Watertown. All cruisers have an AR in an overhead rack.[rolleyes] Whatever happened to carrying a good old 12ga for urban work? [thinking]

RJ

Back
Top Bottom