• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What I caught today

It was hard to get a good photo of floppin' fish all by my lonesome. I did the best I could. These are my first and second catches of the season (just got my license yesterday).

I was only out for an hour ... just long enough to get the hang of it. I fished Otis reservoir, from the old boat ramp at Air Force Beach.

AprilFish.jpg

Nice catch. I can't wait to get some large mouths this year.

Me too. For some reason I've been catching a lot of smallies at Otis Reservoir the last few years. Maybe the largemouth are just to wily for me, but I'll take at least 5 small to every largemouth ... [thinking]

Me too. For some reason I've been catching a lot of smallies at Otis Reservoir the last few years. Maybe the largemouth are just to wily for me, but I'll take at least 5 small to every largemouth ... [thinking]

Pumpkinseed colored worm fished Texas weedless with slow bumps off the bottom will bring the largemouths. Try some small topwater poppers at sunset as well.

Pumpkinseed colored worm fished Texas weedless with slow bumps off the bottom will bring the largemouths. Try some small topwater poppers at sunset as well.

I get fair topwater action at Lake Garfield in Monterey ... in the weeds. Not much luck at Otis though. There's nothing quite like taking a big ol' bucketmouth off the top ... absoutely a pure joy. Mebbe I'll hook down to Monterey this evening .... with my Jitterbug! [grin]

Back
Top Bottom