What is your "Long Range" Rifle Platform?

I test my match rifle with its 4.5x scope on it. I'm finding it hard to find a target where I can repeatedly hold in the exact same spot. Probably the best thing for me to do would be to put a higher powered scope on there for load testing.
I have an old school A2 service rifle target gun that I use for a couple of matches every year.

When I was working up a load for it, I screwed a pic rail adaptor to the carry handle and mounted a 30x Sightron to it. The scope was way up high but I taped some foam to the stock to get my head up. It was a little hokey, but worked as a way to really test the accuracy of the load. With the gun settled down into a couple of bags and the 30x scope I could really remove my inconsistencies from load testing.

These are my 5-6 shot groups. I have posted several of these in my Sniper thread.

350 legend, I think that was 6 shots. 100 yards. I don't shoot the 350 past 150, it was purchased to hunt in Southern Michigan inside of 100 yards.

That is a 3" circle. (1" squares).

SmartSelect_20240429_144214_Gallery.jpg

6.5cm. Also at 100 yards. That is a 1" circle. 1/4 MOA. Consistent 1/4 MOA 5 shot groups. I can call when a group opens up, it is always my fault.

Also, this was not shot from one of those rests that hold the rifle. This was shot off a bipod putting the butt on a sand bag. So there is some human error.

Rifle is a TIKKA CTR.

SmartSelect_20240429_144321_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom