What's your opinion on the Magpul PRS Stock?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I'm building up a RRA Lar-8 and am thinking of putting on the Magpul PRS Stock. They have ones that are specifically made for the 308 AR platform and I'm thinking this will help me get a better cheek weld when shooting through the scope. The PRS has a warning about it not being compatible with the LAR-8, but it's an easy fix. Here's a link to the stock.

http://store.magpul.com/product/27/84

Before I spend the $200 on it, I was wondering what people thought about this particular stock or if you think there is a better alternative.

Thanks

I just ordered one for the my first build. I have heard that it is heavy, but I'm not worried about that.

I replaced a standard A2 stock with one on my DPMS LR308 (AR10). Its solid (read heavy) but I like it.

IMG_0596_2-Small.JPG

IMG_0600_2-Small.JPG

It's an excellent stock which can be fine tuned easily, but as everyone has said, it's HEAVY. If you want it to be a bench rifle then go for it.

It's an excellent stock which can be fine tuned easily, but as everyone has said, it's HEAVY. If you want it to be a bench rifle then go for it.

This will definitely be a bench gun. It's heavy to start with, so lugging it around is not going to be high on my priorities. Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering this tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom