Whats your reason for carry

I was this posted in this forum & I love it:

"Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away"

The question I've always loved when soemone finds out I'm carrying...."is it loaded?"
"no! I only carry it to scare a BG into surrender, if he doesn't give up, I'll throw it at him"

morons.

I visit alot of shops out there, and it horrifies me to see some of the people who the police chiefs issue permits to...... some should'nt be allowed to fog up a mirror, or reproduce... Nevermind carrying a firearm....

I was this posted in this forum & I love it:

"Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away"

The question I've always loved when soemone finds out I'm carrying...."is it loaded?"
"no! I only carry it to scare a BG into surrender, if he doesn't give up, I'll throw it at him"

morons.

Thats some "Heres your sign" material..

I visit alot of shops out there, and it horrifies me to see some of the people who the police chiefs issue permits to...... some should'nt be allowed to fog up a mirror, or reproduce... Nevermind carrying a firearm....

I don't want to disagree or agree because I don't fully understand what you are getting at. What is it about these people in particular that would make it a bad idea for them to be carrying a firearm?

Why? Because they're not Americans?

You might want to avoid gunshops in NH or VT, old son... no permits needed there at all. [rolleyes]

Living in Fall River is enough reason to carry a tank. All the people who are interested in committing crimes in Fall River carry whatever gun they got off the next thug. If more law obiders in Fall River carried there'd be more of us and less of them.

I haven't been back to Fall River since the Ukranian Club closed!

Well, my experience in Florida is that guns are not a big discussion or issue. For all the press received, it seems the general populous does not really care much.

I know of 2 where I work who have a CWL, along with me. Neither of them “carry”. They have been shooters for years and years. Generally they have a CWL because it facilitates carrying a gun in their vehicle, and allows them to purchase and take home on the same day. I asked one of them this week if he “carried” and he said very matter-of-fact, “It is not my life style”.

No, I do not carry for precisely the same reasons they do not. I also have a CWL for precisely the reasons they do. I shoot for fun and sport. I love learning about all the “stuff”. I am opened minded about others you may feel differently than I. I do not judge anyone who wants or likes to carry. It is like anything else, do what makes you feel good.

I what I meant by that is, some people when it comes to common sense, they have none, and to watch those people carry or even be around a firearm loaded or not is just scarry.... has absolutely nothing to do with race, color or religion or sex.

Last edited:
OH!

You mean, say, like the guy who sweeps the entire store? Yeah, those idiots scare me, too. Just means we gotta teach them better.

Just heard this one so I can't take credit for it.... "I carry a gun because a cop is just too damn heavy."

I received this from an associate. I can't take credit for these words, but it sums up the way I feel:

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess __________________

Remember, when seconds count.....the police are only minutes away.

im not old enough yet to carry but i would say

person-" why do you carry a gun"

me-"why does a cop carry a gun?"

person-" to defend there life"

me- "my life is worth just as much as a police officers life"

I received this from an associate. I can't take credit for these words, but it sums up the way I feel:

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess __________________

Remember, when seconds count.....the police are only minutes away.

Well done!!!

People that dont understand about guns or even if they do have asked me this question.Some dont like them and some target shoot and thats it,wont carry.They ask" where do you live"and say" thats not a risky neigborhood "etc.I also said that in doing so is a very big responsibility and I dont take it lightly.So I was wondering what other people do or say when asked this question. "Whats your reason for carry"

I dont like anyone knowing I'm carrying...but if someone asks, "the same reason I'd carry on duty, to protect myself and my community"

You shouldn't have to be answering questions about why you carry. That's why it's a concealed pistol permit. I've been carrying for over 30 years and no one knows that I carry.

The less people know the better off you are.

Excellent answer and I could not say it better.

The only people that know I carry and where I carry are close enough to know an awful lot more about me [wink] They would never ask the question.

Back
Top Bottom