Where to buy high-end, high-power scope?

Anybody know a shop where I can look at/through some high-end/high-power scopes? Or a shop that will let me return a scope if I'm not satisfied with it? In Mass. preferred but will travel if needed.
For those of you who are going to suggest I go to a competition shoot somewhere and ask people if I can look through their scope I would appreciate it if they would tell me where and when these shoots are. Thanks.

Kittery, maybe. Not many places have a huge selection of scopes on the shelf, but they would. Riley's as well, but Kittery should have anything that any other store has plus more.

Cabela's might also but if you mean S&B, Nightforce, etc. I don't think they have them.

Kittery, maybe. Not many places have a huge selection of scopes on the shelf, but they would. Riley's as well, but Kittery should have anything that any other store has plus more.

I agree and I recomend Kittery as well. When I was looking there I really appreciated that they had a rifle stock and some rubber scope rings that they can just plug a scope on. Much better to look through it that way then just holding it up with your hands.

Harvard is having their practical rifle match in November. Everyone will be glad to show you their stuff, but there won't be much high magnification unless someone brings somethign they are not shooting.

What exactly are you looking for, and how high a price range are you interested in?

Thanks for those who suggested SWFA but I need some place where I can actually look through the scope before I buy it.
I am looking for something like a Leupold LRT 8.25x25x50mm or a Nightforce BR scope. But I can't/won't spend that kind of money without actually looking through the scope first.
Isn't there some shop somewhere with a "satisfaction guaranteed" return policy?

Thanks for those who suggested SWFA but I need some place where I can actually look through the scope before I buy it.
I am looking for something like a Leupold LRT 8.25x25x50mm or a Nightforce BR scope. But I can't/won't spend that kind of money without actually looking through the scope first.

What part of MASS are you from?

Like I said before, Kittery is probably your best bet. Not many stores keep high end glass in stock because it's expensive to keep on the shelf and generally isn't a high volume item.

Plus B&H has a retail location and they do have some scopes on the shelves.

It's not just any retail location. It's one of the greatest retail locations on earth.

IMG_1557.JPG

Actually, it may be THE greatest on Earth. That place is insane. I'd never been there before, checked it out on a whim... and will never look at a camera store the same way.

Try going to the scope makers website and checking their list of dealers then call the dealers to see if they have any in stock.

Back
Top Bottom