• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Caliber for Cicada?

Rate of fire is more important than caliber.

There are some nice items for sale in the NFA forum but by the time you get the required paperwork done they will be back in hibernation but you will be ready for the next resurgence.[laugh]

Bob

So I was chillin in my Beverly apartment tonight when this f**ker buzzes the tower (my head) and proceeds to careen around the whole room; buzzing like Hillary's diesel-powered-dildo. Being unarmed, I was forced to throw and old pizza box over him and executed a Bruce Lee stomp. He crunched like crusty sock full of corn chips. Upon inspection I identified him as either an Unholy Hell-Beetle or a Cicada. Two inches long with wings the size of my thumbs and beady eyes that stare into your soul. This thing could use a .22 LR as a butt-plug so what do you guys think, 45ACP, 50BMG or just Nuke the site from orbit?

View attachment 296747 They Mostly come at night...mostly.

View attachment 296748 In his sunken city, dead cicada waits, dreaming.

Seriously, what the actual f**k, since when do we have fat f**king flying Cicadas on the north shore?
Hillary's diesel-powered dildo? Obviously, she took advantage of more modern technology. "Steely Dan 3 from Yokohama" was a steam-powered dildo from the 1959 novel "Naked Lunch"! [smile]

Hey! in some sections of the Country, they make TASTY TREATS!... Get a bolt action 22 rifle, use CCI Short CB caps, and blast away at the little suckahs........If anybody complains, or the Police come, you can always say "Hey, I was trying to feed my Family, and these little bastards, fried in Batter, almost taste like Popcorn Shrimp, Wanna try some" You're validity will NEVER be questioned again!

Remember the New Orleans B-52 Flyovers earlier in May?? THIS pic was from my Son's Position in the cockpit of the B-52 that he was flying. The 2 F-15 fighters were flying beside his jet. There were 2 B-52H bombers and 2 F-15s flying that Mission.
He's a Captain, flying the BUFF.......Maybe call in a AIR STRIKE for those pesky winged bastard Cicadas that are making so much noise?
Steve's cockpit.jpg

Last edited:
Remember the New Orleans B-52 Flyovers earlier in May?? THIS pic was from my Son's Position in the cockpit of the B-52 that he was flying. The 2 F-15 fighters were flying beside his jet. There were 2 B-52H bombers and 2 F-15s flying that Mission.
He's a Captain, flying the BUFF.......Maybe call in a AIR STRIKE for those pesky winged bastards making so much noise?
View attachment 360152
I do remember.
Awesome!!!
Thanks for the story behind the picture.

Rate of fire is more important than caliber.
No problemo, a good tank crew can fire the main gun every 4-5 seconds. The tank has a laser rangefinder, wind sensor, moving target tracking and thermal sights so even a moving Cicada at night is toast.

There’s also a coax 7.62 machine gun [M240] that is integrated with the fire control system (basic load is 7,000 rounds) but you don’t want to bring a machine gun to a tank cannon fight. Cicada’s are armored so it doesn’t violate the Laws of Land Warfare.

44 magnum case. 3 grains of red dot. Cardboard cereal box wad. Fill with coarse tumbling media or a quinoa. Cardboard wad on top. Roll crimp.
Oh and drill out the flash hole to 1/8” so the primers don't back out.
Great for bees in flight. Same can be done with similar cases. 357. 45 Colt.

Back
Top Bottom