• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which CZ?

No, no, no, no, no. Get a Glock 19 over an M&P Compact every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Get a Gen 5 (preferred) or a Gen 3, skip Gen 4. If you have a problem with your Glock (and you won't unless you screw with it), then Glock will fix it.
I would recommend checking out CZs polymer options….I’m a Glock guy, I guess, by nature of the amount of them I own. But CZ does polymer pistols better….

No, no, no, no, no. Get a Glock 19 over an M&P Compact every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Get a Gen 5 (preferred) or a Gen 3, skip Gen 4. If you have a problem with your Glock (and you won't unless you screw with it), then Glock will fix it.
Good to know that Glock too stands behind their products. I don't really need 8 of them. One is enough for me.😉

I haven't tried CZ's polymer guns. But I'm not a fan of S&W M&P.
Try. The actual mechanisms are a little different, maybe not quite as bulletproof as the Glock design, but the fit and feel of the metal guns is noticable. Not as good as a metal gun, but IMO pretty good for plastic.

I haven't tried CZ's polymer guns. But I'm not a fan of S&W M&P.
The P10C is basically a glock with more polish.

The one downside of the P10 is that the back straps on the gun are a b**** to remove you have to drive out a roll pin in the roll pin is an odd size not one you're going to find it a typical hardware store I think I had to buy one on Amazon or some shit.

The P10C is basically a glock with more polish.

The one downside of the P10 is that the back straps on the gun are a b**** to remove you have to drive out a roll pin in the roll pin is an odd size not one you're going to find it a typical hardware store I think I had to buy one on Amazon or some shit.
I carry a P10c, as well as a g19, depending. I shoot that p10c much better than any Glock I own. I haven’t changed the backstrap, fits me well as it came.

I agree, it’s basically a fancy Glock that actually fits your hand.

Last edited:
If a Glock felt like a cz75 in your hand. That’s a p10.
Far Cry Laughing GIF

The stock P01 Omega trigger is a good deal better than the stock P01 trigger.

Of course, the pull and bite of the normal P01 trigger can be taken care of with Cajun.

And it is hard for people to get over the decocker issue, regardless of how rare it might be.
No tactical, decocker or omega for me.

And I’m I solid CZ fan. Just none of the above.

I shoot an SP-01 in IDPA and either a shadow 2 or (but mostly) a TSO for uspsa

Description of any polymer pistol ever produced after Glock's introduction. Ever.

Not true nor very useful though...

Not sure if serious, if you take a P10 apart its basically a refined glock, more than the others are. Way more. The way the gun operates and comes apart is very similar, even a knucklehead like myself can see that when you take the slide off.

The same cannot be said for a M&P, an XD, a P320 or similar. Those are all radically different designs, whereas CZ basically more or less took the fundamentals from glock and
refined it.

Hint: The P10C will even fit in most G19 holsters and vice versa. (although you are still better off getting the correct holster if you're doing kydex).

Not sure if serious, if you take a P10 apart its basically a refined glock, more than the others are. Way more. The way the gun operates and comes apart is very similar, even a knucklehead like myself can see that when you take the slide off.

The same cannot be said for a M&P, an XD, a P320 or similar. Those are all radically different designs, whereas CZ basically more or less took the fundamentals from glock and
refined it.

Hint: The P10C will even fit in most G19 holsters and vice versa. (although you are still better off getting the correct holster if you're doing kydex).
Now you've got me considering getting a P10C. That along with the P01 or PCR that will replace my Omega.

Darn you, DrGrant! Darn you to heck!

The problem with CZs is eventually you want to buy most of them. [rofl]
I put some more thought into it and I'm leaning heavily toward a G19. Even if it's a slightly better Glock, the CZ will still only have a 5 year warranty. With a product like a firearm, it's important to me to know that a company stands behind their product long term (like Glock and S&W do).

Update on my P01 Omega: they can't fix it, so they are sending a brand new standard P01. Since the Omega is discontinued, they can't do a direct swap, they are sending the closest possible replacement. I have to decide what to do when it arrives.

I put some more thought into it and I'm leaning heavily toward a G19. Even if it's a slightly better Glock, the CZ will still only have a 5 year warranty. With a product like a firearm, it's important to me to know that a company stands behind their product long term (like Glock and S&W do).
Why!? I've owned a G23 for several decades. It's essentially a 40-cal G19. While the gun works, and I am proficient with it, there are MANY handguns created in the past 20 years that are far better than a G19. Sig 320, H&K VP9 or P30, Walther PDP, and my favorite: FN 509! G19 is a 40-year-old design that's been copied and improved by pretty much everyone.

Update on my P01 Omega: they can't fix it, so they are sending a brand new standard P01. Since the Omega is discontinued, they can't do a direct swap, they are sending the closest possible replacement. I have to decide what to do when it arrives.
I’ll give you $400 for it.

The only thing in common guns like cz shadow and g19/17 have in common is a caliber of ammo they shoot. Odd topic altogether.

Does CZ make a compact 9mm that has a steel frame, not alloy, that has the decocker.

I don’t think currently but they have in the past so you can find them out there

CZ seems to out out so many variants over the years. So yes, they have made a couple of compacts over the years with steel frames.

For sure a 75 D Steel, compact and I’m almost sure they had a P01 Steel too

Does CZ make a compact 9mm that has a steel frame, not alloy, that has the decocker.
Why the prejudice against alloy frames? There were steel derivatives of most models but it's sort of pointless; adding weight with little benefit. It reminds me of sig p series stainless guns. Extra Lard and no upside.

Back
Top Bottom