Which red dot mount on my AK47?

The rifle is fine.

Why you want red dot for Kalashnikov?

You put cheap red dot of chinese slave factory on top and you still no hit broad side of barn

I'll tell ya, I have an old milled Hungarian AK-55, and that thing shoots awesome on the iron sites, very easy to get a site picture, it's on the money.

Sorry for the dark pics. It's a re-weld by Turbothis.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0182 1.jpg
    DSCN0182 1.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN0180.jpg
    DSCN0180.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0181 1.jpg
    DSCN0181 1.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 96
I've got a decent collection of AK variants. While most of them are iron sights, I do enjoy shooting a few of them with Russian red dots.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1439260435433.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439260435433.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1439260485956.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439260485956.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 28
  • uploadfromtaptalk1439260637858.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439260637858.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 34
I'll tell ya, I have an old milled Hungarian AK-55, and that thing shoots awesome on the iron sites, very easy to get a site picture, it's on the money.

Define awesome. I'm not sure how well a AK variant will shoot although when lapua put out the x39 match many moons ago I managed to get some nice 2" groups with my SKS and approx 4moa out of my mak90...Normally about a 6 MOA gun with a better lot of steel cased x39. With the eyes today if I keep them inside the 7 ring @ 100 yards I'm doing well!
So there are a few red dots that look like they just barely get to co witness way way down below the bottom 3rd. Of the view.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a decent collection of AK variants. While most of them are iron sights, I do enjoy shooting a few of them with Russian red dots.

Is,that a,Kobra. Miss mine.

Just a thought on the red dot and those out there might chime in.
As I mentioned I was not a bit interested in co witnessing my red dot. (Russian Kobra purchased from Tantal before his passing) directions where in Russian. I don't even recall where the front sight was in the picture. Member at my club says he knows russian.
Translated it " mount silly dot , adjust to close to target, enjoy" He did help me though.
Basically he told me the recommended zero was 20 yards and this would give you hits on target out to about 220 yards +/-2.5" through out the range.
Thinking to myself out load I would set my rear sight adjuster all,the way back to the battle sight setting this is close to 300 yards and co witness the best you can on that.

Last edited:
So I have an AK47, and I want to mount a red dot on it. Most likely an Aimpoint PRO. I have the following requirements:

1) I want it mounted forward of the rear sight.
2) I want it to co-witness with the iron sights.

Keeping my original requirements in mind, I've started looking at Midwest Industries Universal Handguards with 30mm ML2 Topcover. They look like they are designed to mount an AimPoint PRO co-witnessed with the iron sights, without having it directly attached to the gas tube. That should run cooler than the Ultimak rail. Does anyone have one of these? How do they work? They look solid. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cuz.

Just wanted to close the loop on this. I ended up going with a Midwest Industries M-LOK handguard with ML2 top cover. It fits the AIMPoint PRO nicely and offers a lower 1/3 co-witness. Someday I may even get it out to the range to try it out.

Thanks for all the replies.
-Cuz.
MI M-LOK ML2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom