Who's the Highest Ranked NES Member?

Just curious really. Not even sure if it's PC to ask but which NES member has the highest military rank (retired or active) in their respective branch? I noticed ChetD is up there from his sig. That's what triggered this question.

Andy in NH is a retired CWO2 [wink]
It use to be that any RLO, even a 90 day wonder, ranked the crustiest wobbly 4. I know a couple of NES are ring knockers.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Only a Marine Cpl here, but I'll be a GS-12 as a nasty civilian working in the DoD at the end of this month. I have heard it is equivlent to an 0-4 (Major) in the Marines. I doubt that is worth a bucket of spit though.

It occurs to me that should we all ever be interned in a FEMA camp, this question might assume a much larger significance.

ETA: I know a former Army Captain here, but I don't know if I should out him ...

Depends how you figure rank. There's three older guys who end up sitting next to each other on a long flight. The guy on the right says "Well, I guess we may as well get to know each other. USN, retired, Rear Admiral, divorced, two sons, both lawyers." The guy on the left replies, "What a coincidence. USCG, retired, Rear Admiral, divorced, two sons, both surgeons." The third guy in the middle says, "Yeah, ain't it. USMC, retired, Master Gunnery Sergeant, divorced, two sons, both Admirals."

Seriously, the best I can do would be to get a couple of retired O5 friends to sign up.

Ken

Last edited:
It use to be that any RLO, even a 90 day wonder, ranked the crustiest wobbly 4. I know a couple of NES are ring knockers. Respectfully,
jkelly

In theory yes, but the smart 2nd Lieutenant learns very quickly not to mess with a warrant officer (or an NCO!). There are a couple of ring knockers out there, including one who uses the "trade-school-on-the-Hudson" insignia as his avatar.

Mark056
(retired CW2)

You can't even tell this joke correctly! [smile]

Depends how you figure rank. There's three older guys who end up sitting next to each other on a long flight. The guy on the right says "Well, I guess we may as well get to know each other. USN, retired, Rear Admiral, divorced, two sons, both lawyers." The guy on the left replies, "What a coincidence. USCG, retired, Rear Admiral, divorced, two sons, both surgeons." The third guy in the middle says, "Yeah, ain't it. USMC, retired, Master Gunnery Sergeant, NEVER MARRIED, two sons, both Admirals."

Ken

Fixed it for ya.

In theory yes, but the smart 2nd Lieutenant learns very quickly not to mess with a warrant officer (or an NCO!). There are a couple of ring knockers out there, including one who uses the "trade-school-on-the-Hudson" insignia as his avatar.

Mark056
(retired CW2)
True so very true.[grin]

Respectfully,
jkelly

Last edited:
<------ Staff Sergeant - Army National Guard [laugh]

edit: E6 for the non-Army types

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol

I am sure we have some O's on here somewhere. Senior NCO's maybe Nickle?
I was a lowlife PFC.[laugh]

I got as far as SFC (E-7). Twice. I'm not known for playing well with officers, especailly a certain, now retired O-3 (both times I was an E-7). Let's say the last time he and I sparred, it was a career ender for him, though they let him finish his 20 out. Currently, I'm back to SSG (E-6), which I got back when I was Regular Army.

I'm also a DoD Civilian, WG-11, and when traveling TDY, I end up the BOQ with an O-3/O-4 level room (if I check in in civilian attire). Seeing that I'm also required to wear the uniform sometimes when working (like when driving a tactical vehicle), I sometimes get funny looks from the RegularArmy types in adjoining rooms, until they see the TDY orders (then their jaws drop, because they don't know GS from WG).

Last edited:
I got as far as SFC (E-7). Twice. I'm not known for playing well with officers, especailly a certain, now retired O-3 (both times I was an E-7). Let's say the last time he and I sparred, it was a career ender for him, though they let him finish his 20 out. Currently, I'm back to SSG (E-6), which I got back when I was Regular Army.

I'm also a DoD Civilian, WG-11, and when traveling TDY, I end up the BOQ with an O-3/O-4 level room (if I check in in civilian attire). Seeing that I'm also required to wear the uniform sometimes when working (like when driving a tactical vehicle), I sometimes get funny looks from the RegularArmy types in adjoining rooms, until they see the TDY orders (then their jaws drop, because they don't know GS from WG).

You're not the only one who didn't play well with officers.[laugh] I just never got busted.[wink]

I didn't get "busted". I took an Adminstrative Reduction due to voluntary transfer. The second time it happened, the Bn Co got involved and was worried I was leaving the Bn (I'm real good at my job, for sure). He relieved the Btry Co over the whole deal. The Bn Co later became the Bde Co, and is now a BG.

I didn't get "busted". I took an Adminstrative Reduction due to voluntary transfer. The second time it happened, the Bn Co got involved and was worried I was leaving the Bn (I'm real good at my job, for sure). He relieved the Btry Co over the whole deal. The Bn Co later became the Bde Co, and is now a BG.

Nice.[grin] There were only two O's in our unit that I respected and would have followed. A few were definitely unbecoming, some well I won't go there so I don't offend the ones on the board.

Back
Top Bottom