• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why are there so many Glock Haters?

in no particular order:

the grip angle.
the 'safety'
some are known to blow up
they're plastic
they're ugly
if you're you're going to have an AD/ND you're more likely with a Glock
they're the choice of kids and gang bangers who don't know what a real gun is
they're like the Pontiac Firebird...every kid has to have one and then is afraid to tell everyone they made a mistake, so they say it's a great car.

they have no soul.

It's the Glock fan-boys that I hate, particularly when they start claiming that Glocks are perfect and never malfunction (I've had failures to feed and misfires in two of my three Glocks).

I'm a Glock fan boy... but I can honestly say I've put 10s of thousands of rounds thru 1911s, Sigs and M&Ps prior. I will not ever say however that Glocks are perfect- just damn good IMO. Highly reliable and they are plenty accurate for my applications. [smile]

I do enjoy the banter though as well. That's an added bonus!

Nothing can beat a glock .40. I mean you've got a gun that everybody likes in a caliber that everybody likes.
I used to like my G23 until I joined this forum:(

Glock in the earley days, had some issues,but the second gen and up, pretty much are resloved. ie trigger bars, stiker springs up grades. Extractors on the g21s and more.but they do work. I know several police officers who used the Glock to defend there life,and the gun worked.I know 1 he pulled the trigger and it when click! Sorry cant type worth of shat,but you get the point!

check out Sevigny and Vogel- they seem to do pretty well again all other production guns including a fair amount of fancy limited guns.

Think how much better they would be with a proper gun. And given the fact that there are very few top shooters with glock says a lot about the gun.

I'm a Glock fan boy... but I can honestly say I've put 10s of thousands of rounds thru 1911s, Sigs and M&Ps prior. I will not ever say however that Glocks are perfect- just damn good IMO. Highly reliable and they are plenty accurate for my applications. [smile]
You are able to apply logic and objectivity. That means you're not a fan boy.

A little known fact about the glock's grip angle. It was designed to force the front sight high, so when you flinch, the sights become lined up. Gaston knew that glock shooters would suck before he even made the gun

I too loved Glocks as a kid. I remember the first time I saw one in person. I was 12 and talking to a detail cop. I asked him what kind of gun he had and I was informed that it was a Glock. He then took it out of the holster and let me look at it(not handle). I wanted one ever since.

Fast forward about 10 years and I finally got my LTC. I got a few pistols from family and went to the range with a friend. He had a G19 and offered to let me shoot it. My first thought was: "This thing sucks" the grip felt like a block of wood and the trigger sucked. I figured I was just used to the guns I had, so I gave it a few more tries.

After a few trips to the range, my mind was made up. I will never buy a Glock. They are just not for me.

A little known fact about the glock's grip angle. It was designed to force the front sight high, so when you flinch, the sights become lined up. Gaston knew that glock shooters would suck before he even made the gun

Actually with a Glock when you index the gun on target your support hand/wrist is rotated forward more- that is a desirable thing for managing recoil.

I don't hate Glocks, I just don't care for the extra long & creepy trigger pull.

Had a G-22 then had a chance to shoot a 1911.
That was enough to convert me right then & there.

You`re comparing apples and oranges. I have a g23,g22 and a S&W 1911. I carry the G23 and love to shoot the 1911 but would never carry it. To heavy and to big. That`s my humble opinion.

Variety is the spice of life and we're not here to argue about baseball?

kB's are a .40 issue with older Glocks. The first question I always have about people worried about kB's is, "Why are you carrying a compromise round anyway?"

Man this is a fun one.

There are so many Glock Haters because everyone knows the XD is far superior. [pot]

Actually with a Glock when you index the gun on target your support hand/wrist is rotated forward more- that is a desirable thing for managing recoil.

fixed it for you.

you both are oh, so wrong... here:

Actually with a Glock when you index the gun on target your wrist is rotated 90 degrees to the left - that is the most desirable method for poppin' a .40 caliber cap in a homie's ass.

FIFY. [laugh]

legendary-thread.jpg

I love my Glock, or what used to be my Glock until My husband's Hi-Power broke.. My Glock is not ugly either..

Have no real Problem with Glocks shot a few owned one for a while , only complaint was the safety and shitty trigger .
But my biggest problem was with GLOCK OWNERS. Im soooooo tired of hearing how the Glock is the greatest firearm ever made and it is far superior to every gun ever made blah blah blah .
I dont care if its dishwasher safe , i dont care if the polymer used to make them is the same polymner they use in making Real Dolls, i dont care that if you turn the gun sideways it points like an extension of you penis,I DONT CARE!!!!!!

I own several polymer framed guns, several alloy framed guns , and of course several steel framed guns . Im not biased ill give any gun a chance but shut up about how great your GLocks are. See if in a hundred years anyone knows what a Glock is . My bet is they wont but they will still know what a 1911 is.

Back
Top Bottom