• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why are there so many Glock Haters?

I love this one, makes me chuckle every time I see it.

glockv1911.jpeg

I don't mind my Glock. Thats a fair way of saying it. I once owned 3 of them, the 21, 22, and 23. The first 2 are down the road, I'll keep the 23. Its like gripping a 2X4, and everything about it is stuff that doesn't appeal to me too much. Flat top, trigger feel, polymer, too square. But, it carries pretty well, and it shoots to POA well enough, and (ducking) I think its a good SD caliber, against problems of the 2 legged variety anyway.

I'm old school, interested in revolvers most of the time.

Exploding glocks aside, I have 3 and will probably buy more. (none of mine are in .40, so I get to avoid that problem. )

They also work really great when your 1911 is a frozen up piece of s**t because the swinging link broke, the plunger tube fell off, or the sear hooks disintegrated.

[devil2]

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Man this is a fun one.

There are so many Glock Haters because everyone knows the XD is far superior. [pot]

Yeah, when I think of quality the first thing that comes to mind is a re-branded $200 gun made in Croatia.

[video=youtube;Vceh44UK-8I]Exploding glocks aside, I have 3 and will probably buy more. (none of mine are in .40, so I get to avoid that problem. )

I've got a 19 and a 17. They are a great thing due to preban mag availability. Otherwise, I would rather own the M&P9.

A little known fact about the glock's grip angle. It was designed to force the front sight high, so when you flinch, the sights become lined up. Gaston knew that glock shooters would suck before he even made the gun

Ha Ha Hahahahaha THAT'S a good one!!!
Now to get EVERYONE mad - ALL PISTOLS SUCK and are overpriced, fussy about the ammo they will digest, fail to feed, jam, and many are WAY overpriced (Glocks and other plastics should cost $100 or less - they are toys). Get yourself two revolvers for less money and you will be much better off. They will eat any ammo you feed them, and never kill you in an emergency by going click instead of bang! (Although I hear Glocks kill their owners by going bang, at times). And by revolvers, I mean real ones - not tupperware.

Ha Ha Hahahahaha THAT'S a good one!!!
Now to get EVERYONE mad - ALL PISTOLS SUCK and are overpriced, fussy about the ammo they will digest, fail to feed, jam, and many are WAY overpriced (Glocks and other plastics should cost $100 or less - they are toys). Get yourself two revolvers for less money and you will be much better off. They will eat any ammo you feed them, and never kill you in an emergency by going click instead of bang! (Although I hear Glocks kill their owners by going bang, at times). And by revolvers, I mean real ones - not tupperware.

Just out of curiosity, are there any revolvers out there with 33+1 capacity? Or even 15+1? Or (outside of rimfire) 10+1, for that matter?

Not hating on wheelguns, but autos definitely have their place.

Just out of curiosity, are there any revolvers out there with 33+1 capacity? Or even 15+1? Or (outside of rimfire) 10+1, for that matter?

Not hating on wheelguns, but autos definitely have their place.

Just trying to add some more fuel to this thread. But I do feel that 33+1 capacity doesn't help if the first or second fails to feed. You may be too dead to use the remaining rounds. Also, an auto may be pressed out of battery when in close contact, wrestling an attacker with a knife. Revolvers always work, even when fired from inside your pocket (hammerless DA - the best choice).

Yes, we all have opinions, and they all suck.

Also, an auto may be pressed out of battery when in close contact, wrestling an attacker with a knife. Revolvers always work, even when fired from inside your pocket (hammerless DA - the best choice).
That's why I'm planning on putting a flash hider on my glock....no more OOB during contact shots [wink]
Yes, we all have opinions, and they all suck.

Well, that's your opinion....and it sucks.

What I don't like about Glocks is where the hand carved Walnut Grips meet the deep blue steel of the grip.

OH, that's right, they don't have nice wood grips and blue steel. Guess that's why I don't own one.

Let me tell a little aside.

I'm deaf from shooting. I talk too loud sometimes. One day I was at the range with my buddy and a kid pulls in in a BMW. As he got out of his car I said to my friend, "I'll bet this yuppie is shooting a Glock".

the kid said to me.... what did you say? And I answered, "Yup, he's shooting a Glock".

I think that was the first time I ever met (un-named NES Member) in person.[wink]

Last edited:
What I don't like about Glocks is where the hand carved Walnut Grips meet the deep blue steel of the grip.

OH, that's right, they don't have nice wood grips and blue steel. Guess that's why I don't own one.

Do you guys bring a container of grey poupon with you to the range, too? [rofl] [wink]

-Mike

Let me guess, your rifle is some old antiquated piece of forgotten technology also

Absolutely!!! .300 Weatherby, Ruger No 1, Ruger M 77, and a couple of K-31's and semi-auto shotguns thrown in.

I admit I am a dinosaur - don't much care for the AR platform.

I told you earlier that you would think my opinion sucked out loud. This is a great thread, though.

Back
Top Bottom