• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why dealers pollute the non-dealer classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dealers have better stuff and better prices
Generally true. The double listings (i.e., those placed under both dealer classifieds and member classifieds) are indicative of the feeling by some dealers that members are not shopping the dealer classifieds enough for what they might want. I think they are mostly wrong about that, but again, not a big deal to skim over the double listings.

The only time it bothers me is if I list or bump something then it's immediately back on Page 2 after a dealer floods the first page.
You think people don't scroll through to page 2 or 3?

Maybe pay the dealer fee and post all over. I can see you mostly only sell here, which is fine. So why not pay the dealer fee?

Once I see a dealer has put 5 ads or more in a row in any of the non-dealer classified forums, they go on "Ignore" - not that I can or would want to pay MA prices for anything.
KAG seems to have somewhat normal pricing and there are time I wish I could get ammo from him as he is comparable to online prices. For the most part I do ignore MA based dealers since I don't have an LTC there and would never jump through the hoops to get one.

I'm more irritated at dealers on FB Marketplace. I've got this one guy on Marketplace. I'm looking for some very specific wood for a project. Although not ready to tackle yet. I have about 5 different FS listings tagged on FB. All in RI. Some in convenient places. Others in not. I accidentally looked at one guy's profile info. Turns out, he's got ALL of the listings. He's in FREAKING JAMESTOWN. I might as well take a helicopter for crying out loud. But only one out of 5 listings I saw was Jamestown. The rest were in and around CraAAAANst'n. (Maybe he's got a yard somewhere. But damn, dude. 5 different locations?)

I don't care where they post. I have them all on ignore as they're all MA dealers. Even if I wanted to drive almost 3 hours south, I couldn't buy anything. I would rather support the local folks anyways.

I haven't purchased on NES since I lived up there.
I can't see why it's cool to take over an area for private sellers, since dealers have their own forum.
If someones wants to buy from a dealer, that's where to go., Don't beat up on the little guy, I don't understand why it's allowed.
I haven't purchased from NES for years, but have had done several times on another forum where dealers (and private sales) include the price of shipping.
Will any dealers do so?

Last edited:
NES Stud Club:

4c320dbd38f3593ac04b1fae428286c2.gif

OP:

51edc3780d64f.preview-960.jpg

I would like to know ...

Where are the pre-ban light bulbs I had on sale?

Someome removed my thread. I bet it was a dealer thinking my pre-ban light bulbs were too cheap.

I would like to know ...

Where are the pre-ban light bulbs I had on sale?

Someome removed my thread. I bet it was a dealer thinking my pre-ban light bulbs were too cheap.

You are not allowed to blab here. I am not allowed to post guns. This forum is dedicated to silence. Which I support as long as @CAESAR leads by example

My only pet peeve about classifieds are whoever posts the way overpriced firearms with the 30 bumps
This for christ sake. Nobody is going to buy your overpriced used shit for more than the price of new shit that can be bought at KAG Arms for less. Especially the cheap fxcks here. Do some research and price accordingly.

My guess is these guys have nagging wives that tell them to sell guns and they really don't want to sell them but have no balls to tell their wife no.

If something needs to get bumped more than twice it gets traded and I move on.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom