Winter deer kill in northeast.

Last edited:
I know in Maine the last swveral severe winters and logging up north have hurt the deer herds. In the south they seem to be ok but overall the population took a hit. Hope things rebound this year!

I forgot to mention that I need at least 3 if not 5 deer in my freezer to feed my family until the next season. I used to live in upstate New York and only allowed one deer a year was like having an orderve not enough to feed a family.

Eat your hearts out. I eat deer at least 3 times a week.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=9477463#post9477463

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I need at least 3 if not 5 deer in my freezer to feed my family until the next season. I used to live in upstate New York and only allowed one deer a year was like having an orderve not enough to feed a family.
The way I fill my freezer is I pull Bow Rifle and BP deer permits plus extended season tags in the soith. That way im gettong 2-4 deer. Not aure if that applies to you

The way I fill my freezer is I pull Bow Rifle and BP deer permits plus extended season tags in the soith. That way im gettong 2-4 deer. Not aure if that applies to you

I don't have to hunt any other place, but on my 30 acres where I have a tripod stand in one field and a ladder stand in the hardwoods. It is only 34 miles from my home too and I keep an old Airstream trailor to stay over night which gives me much enjoyment also.

I don't have to hunt any other place, but on my 30 acres where I have a tripod stand in one field and a ladder stand in the hardwoods. It is only 34 miles from my home too and I keep an old Airstream trailor to stay over night which gives me much enjoyment also.
Same here. My hunting land is 100 acres in the midst of 1200 around me and a short ride from my place in southern maine where I hit a few plots around it. I think the north took the biggest hit

When your supposed expert says tha they "suspect" herds had a large kill off says this is bull shit and they need to do the damned work to prove that. It may be true, but gut feelings aren't allowed in game management.

When your supposed expert says tha they "suspect" herds had a large kill off says this is bull shit and they need to do the damned work to prove that. It may be true, but gut feelings aren't allowed in game management.

I do not believe that the DFW has any clue what the current deer population is in Massachusetts. At best it is a SCWAG.

Thats ts great for people that have it, I wish I did also. I hunt public land but it works. That said, even though ME only has 1 deer tag there are lots of options. Lots archery tags in the southern part of the state. Plenty of states close by as well. Granted, my out of state tags certainly cost more but I generally have 6-10 tags a year but never fill more than 4. I also like the variety of not sitting in the same 2 stands year over year.

If the goal is putting 3-5 deer, the cheapest way into the freezer every year that certainly changes the game plan.

Back
Top Bottom