WTK: selling price Walther PPK/S???

#1. This is NOT an AD.

I have an internetless friend who is having some $$$ isssues, and is looking to sell a walther PPK/S, but needs to know a resonable price to ask.

It is a stainless Interarms .380 PPK/S w/ 1 stainless factory finger rest mag, 2 blued factory "non-rest" mags, and 1 blued aftermarket fingerrest mag.

This gun is in very good condition, BUT, this gun was at some point "blanked" for TV/Movie/Theater/??? use, so the ejection port was enlarged slightly, and the barrel was internally threaded. A new "regular" barrel is on the gun now, and the gun is fully funtional, the barrelw/ internal threadsis included as well.

He is looking for a resonable price to ask, currently he has a co-worker interested, but if that falls through I would likely post it her for him.

Thanks

I recall seeing a used Interarms .380 PPK/S at the Springfield show for $400 - that's the cheapest I've seen them recently. I don't recall which accessories it came with. Otherwise, I think Four Seasons has them used in the $425-475 range. I'd suggest checking out the local shops and the 'net auction sites (like Gunbroker) and just compare market prices.

I don't know how the "blanked" alterations will affect the price, but I would guess it would lower the price some.

For comparison purposes, I just bought a new PPK/S for $480.

If it hadn't been mucked with, I'd guess $400. Having been modified, my guess would be more like $300. With the ejection port enlarged, I'd be leery of shooting it without the blessings of a qualified gunsmith.

Back
Top Bottom