X95 Tavor is coming.

I'm a little disappointed they lengthened the handguard to match the barrel proportions.... Takes away some of the SBR fun. As a owner of an origianl Tavor, nothing worth dumping the old one for. I suspect the more familiar controls will push people over the edge and dive into the bullpup fun. (Even with the $2k msrp)

I'm a little disappointed they lengthened the handguard to match the barrel proportions.... Takes away some of the SBR fun. As a owner of an origianl Tavor, nothing worth dumping the old one for. I suspect the more familiar controls will push people over the edge and dive into the bullpup fun. (Even with the $2k msrp)

i get that's it's not a "true" x95 but in my honest opinion I would rather not have to deal with the taxes and paperwork and headaches. I do a good amount of shooting across state lines. I also prefer the balistics of the 16.5" over the 13" barrel.

Seems like they planning ahead a bit for the secondary build market and trying to make them with easier more convenient tear down features and incorporating AR features like the mag release probably to instigate people doing their own builds much like with the AR and AK platform. still nice. wouldn't mind owning either or both. Problem for me is unlike the AR and the AK which I own right handed models I would NEED to own these in lefty versions as they ejection port is way too far back for me to use without catching all the brass.

for anyone like me a little fuzzy on the differernces:

x95-fd-left-copy.jpg
Tavor-TSFD18.jpg

Seems like they planning ahead a bit for the secondary build market and trying to make them with easier more convenient tear down features and incorporating AR features like the mag release probably to instigate people doing their own builds much like with the AR and AK platform. still nice. wouldn't mind owning either or both. Problem for me is unlike the AR and the AK which I own right handed models I would NEED to own these in lefty versions as they ejection port is way too far back for me to use without catching all the brass.

I'm guessing that it is easily reconfigurable to left-ejection like the original is.

I'm guessing that it is easily reconfigurable to left-ejection like the original is.

I would think. so that would have to be "MY" gun. I like taking people to the range but I am the only lefty I know so I buy right configured rifles. Not a big deal to me as that's what i had to use in the army. So if I get one of these it will have to be only for me. it will be sad for those I take to the range...oh well...lol

for anyone like me a little fuzzy on the differernces:

x95-fd-left-copy.jpg
Tavor-TSFD18.jpg

Look at the control layout....

The SAR has the mag and bokt release at the rear of the gun. It's a fine setup which I really like, but its not typically manual of arms.

Look at the X95, mag release is on theleft and right side in front of the trigger (like an AR)

They drifted pretty far from the IDF issued micro Tavor...

640px-Micro-Tavor21-pic001.jpg

I'm going to stick with the Tavor SAR.

pretty far? They made it longer to comply with those peasky NFA laws. Other than that it has a guard over the pistol grip.

- - - Updated - - -

you can buy a lefty version off the shelf. But if your a righty the brass doesn't touch you

pretty far? They made it longer to comply with those peasky NFA laws. Other than that it has a guard over the pistol grip.

Yup. Pretty far. Longer, heavier, bulkier... not really a "Micro" Tavor anymore. Maybe I'll warm up to it some day.

It'll be nice if most of the Tavor SAR aftermarket stuff is compatible (top rails, butt pads, port covers, etc). Took a while to get the selection there is now.

- - - Updated - - -

you can buy a lefty version off the shelf. But if your a righty the brass doesn't touch you
They said in the video you can swap out the grips to get the smaller pistol grip

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yup. Pretty far. Longer, heavier, bulkier... not really a "Micro" Tavor anymore. Maybe I'll warm up to it some day.

It'll be nice if most of the Tavor SAR aftermarket stuff is compatible (top rails, butt pads, port covers, etc). Took a while to get the selection there is now.

agreed on all the aftermarket stuff. trigger packs are the same. and the new ones are supposedly much lighter than the originals. Im still surprised how well the tavor took off in the us.

- - - Updated - - -

They said in the video you can swap out the grips to get the smaller pistol grip

I wonder if that means just the pistol grip without the "gaurd" but I kind of like the look of the guard gives it more of an evened off look I guess I would call it.

agreed on all the aftermarket stuff. trigger packs are the same. and the new ones are supposedly much lighter than the originals. Im still surprised how well the tavor took off in the us.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if that means just the pistol grip without the "gaurd" but I kind of like the look of the guard gives it more of an evened off look I guess I would call it.
Based on the video, you unscrew it, and slide the new grip, including the smaller pistol grip only part

why would you want a Magazine that is so far back and not easily able to do a quick reload?
That's inherent in (nearly) all bullpup designs. The P90/PS90 works around that issue, but still suffers from slow mag changes, though I think it mostly makes up for this with a capacity of 50 rounds (except in MA where you special order 10 round magazines).

It has an improved trigger pack, a removable and replaceable pistol grip which is very cool for aftermarket stuff, and an AR type mag release. I think pretty good upgrades

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

why would you want a Magazine that is so far back and not easily able to do a quick reload? catch
on clothing , pinch Fat people Etc?....Waiting JOSH..LOL

Huh? I find reloads on the tavor a tad faster than the AR. Especially with the ar style mag release it will be even better. I do t see how it get a mag change stuck on your clothes unless you're a complete moron.

Huh? I find reloads on the tavor a tad faster than the AR. Especially with the ar style mag release it will be even better. I do t see how it get a mag change stuck on your clothes unless you're a complete moron.
Just seems that you need to take your eye off the target to do a quick reload to me since on the AR the Mag is in front of you but im no Tavor expert. and you know im busting you're balls

Last edited:
Just seems that you need to take your eye off the target to do a quick reload to me since on the AR the Mag is in front of you but im no Tavor expert. and you know im busting you're balls

Only difference is getting familiar with the platform. It will be second nature. I found it easier with the tavor. Especially where all the weight is on your shoulder you don't have the weight of the rifle up front to support. I also like the fact you can load a mag and release the bolt in the same motion.

Only difference is getting familiar with the platform. It will be second nature. I found it easier with the tavor. Especially where all the weight is on your shoulder you don't have the weight of the rifle up front to support. I also like the fact you can load a mag and release the bolt in the same motion.
Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:

I will second that as well

[video=youtube_share;5UEHSriWZU4]http://youtu.be/5UEHSriWZU4[/video]

you can in fact remove the guard in front of the pistol grip if you so choose. I love the quad rails already installed and concealed

I bought a Tavor at the end of last year. I find the controls to be extremely intuitive. However, I have never been much of a fan of the AR and have spent very little time handling one. So I guess I don't really have any habits to change or break. Probably makes it a bit easier.

Back
Top Bottom