Yankee Artifacts? Anyone know about them?

Yankee Artifacts

With the exception of some pre-1994 > 10 round mags, the prices on those items which I am familiar enough to comment on seem to be a bit on the high side. There are numerous Glocks being sold used for a bit more than Four Seasons gets for the same model in "factory refurbished" condition.

I also checked one random scope price - Yankee has a Zeiss 3-9x36 scope for $500, original price $800. $500 on an $800 retail is the kind of deal one would usually expect from a discount house, not a used scope dealer. Although I did not find the exact model, was able to find a dealer selling new Zeiss 3-9x40 scopes for $478.99 shipping included; official import w/US warrantee.

Yankee does have used magazines, including > 10 round ones, which if they are indeed "Pre 1994 MA Legal" are attractively prices ($28 for a Glock 21 full capacity magazine).

If you're looking for a dealer which sells "estate guns" and accessories at bargain prices, this is probably not the place. If you're looking for a place which sells estate guns at the full price you would expect to pay in a stocking gun store, you'll be happy with Yankee. I would insist on a bit more identification before sending money, since they use a PO box on the site and hide their domain registration identity behind a proxy service.

Yankee Artifacts

With the exception of some pre-1994 > 10 round mags, the prices on those items which I am familiar enough to comment on seem to be a bit on the high side. There are numerous Glocks being sold used for a bit more than Four Seasons gets for the same model in "factory refurbished" condition.

I also checked one random scope price - Yankee has a Zeiss 3-9x36 scope for $500, original price $800. $500 on an $800 retail is the kind of deal one would usually expect from a discount house, not a used scope dealer. Although I did not find the exact model, was able to find a dealer selling new Zeiss 3-9x40 scopes for $478.99 shipping included; official import w/US warrantee.

Yankee does have used magazines, including > 10 round ones, which if they are indeed "Pre 1994 MA Legal" are attractively prices ($28 for a Glock 21 full capacity magazine).

If you're looking for a dealer which sells "estate guns" and accessories at bargain prices, this is probably not the place. If you're looking for a place which sells estate guns at the full price you would expect to pay in a stocking gun store, you'll be happy with Yankee. I would insist on a bit more identification before sending money, since they use a PO box on the site and hide their domain registration identity behind a proxy service.

Yankee Artifacts

I know the owner. This is a start-up shop that is still in the formative stage. I'd give him some more time to get up to speed. But by all means, if you see something that you're interested in, give him a call. The website only scratches the surface.

KK

I know the owner. This is a start-up shop that is still in the formative stage. I'd give him some more time to get up to speed. But by all means, if you see something that you're interested in, give him a call. The website only scratches the surface.

KK

KK

Who are they?

I took a look at that web page, interesting, only thing that concerns me is the use of a P.O. Box and the absence of any names of people. Certainly understandable why someone conducting such a buisness might not want to publish their location, however, always concerns me not knowing who I am attempting to do business with, when someone is reluctant to identify themself/who they are, nice to know up front.
I agree, appears to be someone acting as a third party / broker or agent type arrangement, which may not be the best arrangement, but I guess is okay if the person uses good ethical business practices.
In any event, a reverse directory search of the first telephone number they are using shows no identifiable listing, however, that second telephone number they are using on their web site, the one on the firearms section of the site, is identifiable and actually does NOT come back to the business name they are using "Yankee Artifacts" but rather shows as registered to:
Village Gun Shop
Northborough, MA 01532.
Also, in checking GunsAmerica auction site, see that one of "Yankee Artifacts" listings is showing a 7 Belmont St address in Northboro which also comes back to that Village Gun Shop.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976661530.htm
Thought I heard a while back that this was a shop that closed up business.
Anyone able to shed any more light on this ?

Who are they?

I took a look at that web page, interesting, only thing that concerns me is the use of a P.O. Box and the absence of any names of people. Certainly understandable why someone conducting such a buisness might not want to publish their location, however, always concerns me not knowing who I am attempting to do business with, when someone is reluctant to identify themself/who they are, nice to know up front.
I agree, appears to be someone acting as a third party / broker or agent type arrangement, which may not be the best arrangement, but I guess is okay if the person uses good ethical business practices.
In any event, a reverse directory search of the first telephone number they are using shows no identifiable listing, however, that second telephone number they are using on their web site, the one on the firearms section of the site, is identifiable and actually does NOT come back to the business name they are using "Yankee Artifacts" but rather shows as registered to:
Village Gun Shop
Northborough, MA 01532.
Also, in checking GunsAmerica auction site, see that one of "Yankee Artifacts" listings is showing a 7 Belmont St address in Northboro which also comes back to that Village Gun Shop.

Who are they?

Village Gun Shop
Northborough, MA 01532.

OK, this sounds like Peter Dowd's place.

Peter has an FFL, ran two different gun shops over ~40 years and is now probably in his 70s. He maintains a bonded warehouse where PDs can store confiscated weapons for outrageous fees.

When Peter closed his retail shop a few years ago, he announced that he still bought estates, could be contacted for purchases/sales, but was no longer going to run a retail shop on a full-time basis.

Sounds to me that Village Vault is probably the bonded warehouse.

Hope this explains what this might be about.

I have no further info, I'm just putting what I recall from the past with the info provided in this thread to come to a likely conclusion.

Peter has an FFL, ran two different gun shops over ~40 years and is now probably in his 70s. He maintains a bonded warehouse where PDs can store confiscated weapons for outrageous fees.

When Peter closed his retail shop a few years ago, he announced that he still bought estates, could be contacted for purchases/sales, but was no longer going to run a retail shop on a full-time basis.

I have no further info, I'm just putting what I recall from the past with the info provided in this thread to come to a likely conclusion.

OK - you guys are on the right track. The owner is working with Peter and will be opening up a storefront soon in Northboro. It's just going to take a while longer to get everything set up.

If you attended the last Marlboro gun show, he was there - along the far right wall as you come in.

Owner is a great guy, and I'm sure everyone will enjoy doing business with him. Just have to be patient.

KK

OK - you guys are on the right track. The owner is working with Peter and will be opening up a storefront soon in Northboro. It's just going to take a while longer to get everything set up.

If you attended the last Marlboro gun show, he was there - along the far right wall as you come in.

Owner is a great guy, and I'm sure everyone will enjoy doing business with him. Just have to be patient.

KK

KK

That's the most it ever should cost - but I've heard quotes as high as $45 for the 5 minutes of paperwork involved.

Don't forget that if you're a member of GOAL, you can also transfer in through "Mike's Gun Shop" for $20.00

KK

Back
Top Bottom