You Could Say I Am a Sniper Now ...

False. Guns also kill via hemorrhaging by crushing tissue (what you call cutting). Generally you need a fragmenting rifle bullet (often in varmint loads) in order to turn temporary cavity into permanent wounding. Otherwise, the most common rifle wounding mechanism is crushing tissue.
Now you're doing mental gymnastics. Archery tackle kills by hemorrhaging by making cuts. Hemorrhaging and hemorring alone is what results in archery kills. With firearms, it's trauma. Yes it's true with the initial trauma is survived eventually the animal that was shot will bleed out, but that is neither desired nor the intended result.

Now you're doing mental gymnastics. Archery tackle kills by hemorrhaging by making cuts. Hemorrhaging and hemorring alone is what results in archery kills. With firearms, it's trauma. Yes it's true with the initial trauma is survived eventually the animal that was shot will bleed out, but that is neither desired nor the intended result.
It’s not mental gymnastics. It’s the reality. CNS hit or bleeding out. That’s how animals and humans die. No other way. If you want to limit post-hit movement by destroying bone, okay. But it’s not what kills the animal. Bullets do not kill via trauma. They kill with crushing or tearing tissue.

It’s not mental gymnastics. It’s the reality. CNS hit or bleeding out. That’s how animals and humans die. No other way. If you want to limit post-hit movement by destroying bone, okay. But it’s not what kills the animal. Bullets do not kill via trauma. They kill with crushing or tearing tissue.
Still doing mental gymnastics. But please, how common is it for someone to cut themselves handling a bullet, versus handling a Broadhead. For you to try to say they kill the same way is asinine and ignorant.

Dude, just stop. There was never a cartridge debate, it is all in your head. This thread was never about a cartridge debate.
Well, then you have inappropriately titled and categorized the thread. If you want to talk about being a "sniper", then you are very much having a cartridge discussion. If you want a 6.5 love thread, then call it that.

Still doing mental gymnastics. But please, how common is it for someone to cut themselves handling a bullet, versus handling a Broadhead. For you to try to say they kill the same way is asinine and ignorant.
🤦‍♂️

Please read more wounding mechanism studies/medical literature.

Last edited:
And, it is amazing how well factory ammo works.

6.5cm likes 140-146gr range best. Go with those and even cheap factory ammo shoots great.
Yup. 143gr ELD-X shoots extremely well for me. But I bought a bunch of 140 ELD-M to load up and I’ll see how that goes.

Ultimate Reloader did a bunch of testing between 143 ELD-X and 140 ELD-M and they surprisingly behaved very similarly in terminal ballistics.

I have some 127gr Barnes LRX, but haven’t tried it yet.

Yup. 143gr ELD-X shoots extremely well for me. But I bought a bunch of 140 ELD-M to load up and I’ll see how that goes.

Ultimate Reloader did a bunch of testing between 143 ELD-X and 140 ELD-M and they surprisingly behaved very similarly in terminal ballistics.

I have some 127gr Barnes LRX, but haven’t tried it yet.
I thought about trying the ELD-M ... but powder is not easy to find, so I don't want to use more of it trying to develop a new load.

Caliber debates are seriously gayer than AIDS and more often than not the people who get super wrapped up in them are compensating for skill deficiencies as a rifleman.

Shot placement is everything.

- Alpha Male 6.5 Chad More Enjoyer

Last edited:
Caliber debates are seriously gayer than AIDS and more often than not the people who get super wrapped up in them are compensating for skill deficiencies as a rifleman.

Shot placement is everything.

- Alpha Male 6.5 Chad More Enjoyer
Agree. This thread was never a caliber debate until a couple of pages back.

I should have purchased one sooner.

The instructions are pretty horrible, good thing the Internet exists. But the app is easy to use for calibration and powder dispensing.

I would like to meet whoever designed this, using the keypad in this thing is like learning another language.

But it works great, so I don't care.

20230605_161109.jpg

[pot]

[pot]

Now you've done it!!!!

[rofl]

[pot]

The 6.5X55 was great long before the wannabe creepymore came around, just sayin (again).

Now you've done it!!!!

[rofl]
GIF by ProdigalSonFox

The 6.5X55 was great long before the wannabe creepymore came around, just sayin (again).
so I've heard

The new darling of the "slow and heavy" crowd, 8.6 Blackout, is based on 6.5 CM.
Next step: 473 Creedmoor! Straight wall grizzly bear hunting cartridge!

[pot]

Hey, can we do 6.5 Creedmoor vs 260 Remington next?

:)

Back
Top Bottom