your carry gun

Palladin

NES Member
how often do you switch from one carry weapon to another?

Usually I carry my 442, the other day I went with a G30 instead and I started thinking about this.

What determines what you're going to carry when??

Is the pocket 442 just for summer? Same gun, but do you switch to a belt holster in the fall/winter ?

Does it depend on where you're going, which gun you take?

Kimber Compact in a belt holster is my usual carry. But in the summer will often carry a Kahr PM9 instead. I'll also carry the PM9 in situations where deep concealment is advisable.

so far i am planning on carrying the 442 year-round. i am not sure what i will do in summer but i will most likely carry it differently. i have a holster inside my coat i use as of now. for fall/winter it's good but i obviously won't be wearing any kind of long-sleeved anything when the weather warms up.

I carry a .32 Seecamp with an extra magazine in my front pocket at all times. It's as much a part of my daily routine as putting on a shirt or socks.

When I want to be "armed" I add my G23 with a IWB holster. This is when I am out with the wife and kids or outside sales.

I normally carry my Ruger .45 for CC. On occasion I will switch to my Smith 357 for a change of pace, but no matter what, I carry what I feel am comfortable with carrying and using that day. The weather matters not, as on my bodily frame both firearms fit comfortably IWB with minimal footprint.

Some days, I just want a wheel-gun at my side. Other days, I want the sleeker SA. *shrugs*

Other than that, no preference. Kinda' weird. I guess it's like the choice a rich person has to make when they have to decide whether they want to drive the Porche or the Ferrari on a particular day.

:)

I have only changed over my carry in a couple of instances. Mainly for the additional rounds and larger caliber. Other than that is the standard #642 24/7/365.

I have only changed over my carry in a couple of instances. Mainly for the additional rounds and larger caliber. Other than that is the standard #642 24/7/365.

that's what I was asking...
if you're going to Lawrence/Lowell/ the Bury/Brockton for business/pleasure?/whatever do you upgrade to a G30 or similiar(Like I tend to do)?

My G27 was all I carried for the past year or so, then I picked up an HK P2000 in 357 sig and started carrying that quite a bit, latley it has been my Keltec PF9, though that may switch back to the G27 or HK soon, as Id really like to have something with a little more kick while its easier to conceal (winter).

For right now, my choice of carry firearm is between my S&W 637 or M&P9C. I gained a couple pounds and my pants are a tight fit. I carry IWB only so my 637 is what ive been carrying everyday.

Im workin on cuttin that weight tho and will probably carry the M&P exclusively.

I carry a Smith 640 in .357 most of the time. In very warm weather I will switch for a 442with Gold Dots that is a little lighter. If I think I might need more firepower, I carry both. If I'm worried that isn't enough, I'll slip a third J frame in my coat, and a couple of speedloaders of lead soft points to punch through thick clothing. I pocket carry mostly, but when I have a winter coat on or extra layers, I'll put something in an outside pocket for easier access. I have many J frames, and prefer to use them because they have the same manual of arms, even if some have hammers and some don't.

I'd carry a super reliable semi-auto, but I've never found such a thing, at least not one I could hide on my short body.

Palladin: On my sailboat I have a Mini-30, a .45-70 Guide gun and a stainless 1911. When I'm just walking around I only carry offensive breath.

John

I've got 1 handgun so that limits my options [laugh]

[rofl] - that's halarious...

for me: Glock 23, Occasional switch to SW1911. -strange, I know, but for some clothes and shirts I have the 1911 hides better because it's slimmer than the Glock.

also, the spare mag pouch is slimmer for an allround slimmer profile.

I've honestly never carried a day in my life. Really looking to change that sooner than later.

My P226 is too large for me to conceal easily. Once I saw the Ruger LCP released, I thought that would be a perfect carry pistol for me, but MA thought differently.

I'm 5'6", about 135lbs, so small is best. Any recommendations?

H&K P2000 in IWB. Sometimes I will do the Beretta 9000s its shorter but a little thicker I think. And depending on how the pants ride, I might catch my nuts with the P2000 [crying]. Never a good time when you sit down and that front sight catches just the wrong way....

I carry a G26 99% of the time... OWB when cold weather allows... IWB and Smartcarry when warmer weather comes along (for those 2 days mentioned above)... and when dress code requires (suit) I carry my S&W 60 in the Smartcarry.

What I carry is dictated by the weather/clothing I can wear.

If I had to go somewhere where I thought I'd need more protection... I either wouldn't go... or I'd put the 2-point sling on my AR15 and sling it over my shoulder [wink] [laugh]

If I had to go somewhere where I thought I'd need more protection... I either wouldn't go... or I'd put the 2-point sling on my AR15 and sling it over my shoulder [wink] [laugh]

I'm with you on that one. I wouldn't go or the PS90 SBR would be on a 1-point sling under my nice long warm wool coat [smile]

I usually carry my G26 unless I need deep concealment. I'm way too skinny to deep conceal a G26 anywhere but IWB. In that case i'll just use my 642 and be done with it. If i'm heading to a mall or other potentially dangerous situation i'll OWB carry my G21 or G17 with a jacket over it and keep the 642 in a smartcarry. Works fine in the summer since the malls are usually freezing cold so you won't look odd with a sweatshirt or windbreaker and shorts on.

I'm with you on that one. I wouldn't go or the PS90 SBR would be on a 1-point sling under my nice long warm wool coat [smile]

I usually carry my G26 unless I need deep concealment. I'm way too skinny to deep conceal a G26 anywhere but IWB. In that case i'll just use my 642 and be done with it. If i'm heading to a mall or other potentially dangerous situation i'll OWB carry my G21 or G17 with a jacket over it and keep the 642 in a smartcarry. Works fine in the summer since the malls are usually freezing cold so you won't look odd with a sweatshirt or windbreaker and shorts on.

Do you duct tape trauma plates on too?

Sorry - not a dig at you at all. I HAD to put it in given you used the M word (mall).

Back
Top Bottom