your favorite steel 9, with details

bacon, i like that gun. it comes with alot of great features and have good reviews. only trouble would be finding one, as those kinds of guns generally don't come out that far west in our great state [laugh] thats another deer in the headlamps question at local shops. "sti?...uhh a subaru?" [laugh]

Dom

I have some CZ's. They are extremely nice guns...

75 Shadow Target and SP01 Shadow Target are as nice as you can get (one is in the classifieds)...

Also have a very shiny high gloss SS 75B. Have a few Glocks and the bone stock SS 75B is 10x the gun that a G19 is.

narrowed down to three:

CZ75b
BHP

I have to handle them and shoot them to make a decision tho, anyone reside in the berkshires that would lend a hand?

Dom

Well, Dom... ya had me right up until I had to be in the Berkshires.

If'n you're going to be at the Pumpkin Blast next weekend, I'll be happy to bring my CZ-75B along to let you coon-finger it to your heart's content and throw lead downrange with it. Either that, or if you want to come out to the Pin Shoot Sunday at Worcester Pistol & Rifle, same deal. But I just don't get out much farther west than Worcester most of the time.

i have decided between an EAA witness if i can find one, and a 5906 (if i could find a performance center one i would take that). I noticed the performance center guns had a bushed barrel. what else is done to them? i handled and shot one the other day and really really like it (standard 5906).

Dom

i have decided between an EAA witness if i can find one, and a 5906 (if i could find a performance center one i would take that). I noticed the performance center guns had a bushed barrel. what else is done to them? i handled and shot one the other day and really really like it (standard 5906).

Dom

Other than the bushed barrel that you mentioned, they also generally have a tighter slide to frame fit, a better trigger, and I believe they came with forward slide serrations. Mostly just more attention to detail when assembling, and the barrel bushing helps improve accuracy. Noy that a standard 5906 is in-accurate by any means, but a PC is just a bit more. Whether that is worth the extra cost of a PC 5906 is entirely up to you.

Even the standard 5906 is a great pistol - I like them a lot (in case you haven't noticed by my avitar over there)
<<<<.

yes, your avatar is excellent!! care to sell one to a fellow nes'r?

Dom

Unfortunately, this past summer, while sailing across the Pacific in my schooner the Kon-Tiki, I ran into a typhoon and suffered a tragic boating accident. I lost everything. It's now all at the bottom of the Mariana Trench - never to be seen again [sad2].

Other than the bushed barrel that you mentioned, they also generally have a tighter slide to frame fit, a better trigger, and I believe they came with forward slide serrations. Mostly just more attention to detail when assembling, and the barrel bushing helps improve accuracy. Noy that a standard 5906 is in-accurate by any means, but a PC is just a bit more. Whether that is worth the extra cost of a PC 5906 is entirely up to you.

Even the standard 5906 is a great pistol - I like them a lot (in case you haven't noticed by my avitar over there)
<<<<.

That was back when PC guns were actually hand assembled by master gunsmiths. A real custom shop right inside S&W. Now it seems to be just a branding engine that helps to improve margin for S&W.

That was back when PC guns were actually hand assembled by master gunsmiths. A real custom shop right inside S&W. Now it seems to be just a branding engine that helps to improve margin for S&W.

I agree completely. The PC guns of the 1990's were far and above superior to the stuff they are cranking out today. A PC gun then was a functional work of art - something to be really proud of. I am not very impressed with a lot of the things they are puting the PC stamp on nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom