your favorite steel 9, with details

Browning Hi Powers are pretty nice. I sold mine because it didn't fit anywhere in USPSA and it's not optimal for shooting at speed anyway. Feels nice in the hand and shoots accurately though. Pre-ban 13 round mags are relatively plentiful and 17s aren't that hard to find either.

+1

cerakote-L.jpg

Silvertanfo-L.jpg

Weren't you saying that a 1911 is the only one to consider.

The SIG 210 it is old but still the ball's.

Attachments

• pix606871063.jpg
    pix606871063.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 44
I tried a Sig 226 and I really liked it. I'd love to own one but don't have the $$ to spare. I had a Sig P239 which was nice enough, but if you're going to have a heavy steel 9mm, a full size 226 makes the most sense.

I do have a friend's Browning BDM, which is awesome in every way except for the trigger which I do not like at all. It's kinda mushy. But the gun fits my hand nicely and is well balanced and points easily.

1287671214.jpg

I'm not a 9mm fan.

That said I wanted to buy a small gun and I bought a Ruger LC9.

I had a lot of trouble with it, but it turned out to be the ammo.

The trouble I am having is the gun is to small for my bear paws and I will be trading it for a S&W Shield when it becomes Mass OKed. I may still not like the size of the Shield though.

I ended up buying a 1911 S&W pro series, it's the officer size 3“ barrel in 45 ACP. That will be my new carry gun.

Now as far as the 1911 in 9mm, I have shot it many times at S&W, if I was to buy another 9mm it would be the S&W 1911. It shot very Sweet and felt real good in my hands.

The S&W 3rd gens are nice also or you could buy a nice Sig. Those are nice guns also.

Last edited:
Herdbull is selling a S&W 1911 Pro Series 9mm in the classifieds.

I love my Beretta 92A1... great shooter and smooth as well.

I will be picking up my first 1911 9mm this week (Kimber)

I had a stainless 9mm S&W 669 for over 20 years and I am still sour in the butt from kicking my self for selling it [crying] I miss that pistol a lot, had custom wood grips with Italian silver in lays....sorry got to stop talking about it....[sad2]

I'm willing to admit when I don't know something. ;-)
I know nothing about this gun. It looks like a CZ75 you'd get from CZCustom. How does it compare?

Its more in line with the CZ CTS or the CZ75 TS. But with a full dust cover. The EAA has front and rear checkering where the CTS is smooth. The insides look the same, but do not share any parts. The CZ is over engineered and a bigger pain in the ass to work on. I prefer how the EAA shoots, has a little more weight on the front end. But both a very accuracy with little recoil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you played with any of the CZ line?

CZ75.

need one of my own. so bad. [crying]

If/when I move to NH I'll consider selling my CZ75B to a MA inmate to keep it in state. I ain't selling it otherwise since I love the thing. GREAT gun.

Dirty, i would love a CZ but most guys arent into selling them! I havent shot one myself but my father lusts over them.
Yeah... we know a good thing when we find one.

I really like my Kahr K-9... steel frame, 3 1/2" barrel, less than an inch wide, 7 + 1, easy smooth trigger.
And one of these is my other steel-frame 9mm. Not selling it, either. Great little carry gun, not a lot of recoil, nice smooth trigger (if a bit long).

S&W 1911 pro series 9mm ;-)
Shot one of these at the Holbrook shoot - they're VERY nice!

My favorite steel 9mm is a WWII P38 my father in law gave me. I'd love to get a Polish Radom but they're getting scarce and expensive.

its interesting that you mention a P-38, i was gifted a Book on the history, mechanics, and design of the p-38 by my late grandfather Edmund. Excellent arm, but looking for something of the more modern variety [wink]

What was the import version of the P7M8 that had the mag release on the heel of the grip? I shot one and it was a sweet shooter.
The owner said they were quite a bit less money with the heel mounted mag release.

What was the import version of the P7M8 that had the mag release on the heel of the grip? I shot one and it was a sweet shooter.
The owner said they were quite a bit less money with the heel mounted mag release.

P7 PSP had the heel release. They shoot nice, but are not high round count guns. The frame gets very hot after a few mags and the gas port will start to erode the frame. But they are silly accurate and fun to shoot

Last edited:
my cousin nick let me shoot a RIA 9mm 1911 he had, i was very impressed! It grouped very well with a goon like me at the helm and we had no issues with running it, do any of you fine gentlemen have any experience with said gun?

Dom

If you are only going to own 1 9mm then for me there is only one choice.
It should only be a full size Beretta 92FS or an M9 if you can get one.
The stories you hear about them are just B.S. from lot's of folks that have no idea what they are talking about.
Yes one did actually fail during a torture test but what they don't say is that it failed after 10's of thousands of rounds.
I have an M9 and it will out shoot just about all the other high dollar 9's out there.
I know because I have also owned every other one as well.
I now just have the Beretta and The Smith and Wesson Pro series 1911 in 9mm

Gents, I've owned a few 9mm pistols all of which i enjoyed imensely...but I've never fallen head over heels for any of them. I have owned and sold my: ruger sr9 fullsize, gen 3 G17 and 19, gen 4 g26, and various walthers.

I recently sold my last 9mm (the sr) to fund a toy which i recouped money from very quickly (finally got paid from some sidework) so now am once more on an adventure to find a fine nine. I've had mainly poly guns and would really like a my first steel gun. Thinking 4 inch barrel, i am not finish picky, and preferably something with high cap mags.

Let er rip boys! any personal experiance, pictures, etc are greatly apriciated!

Dom

Not sure if it's been mentioned...probably not. The Steyr M9-A1, great gun all around, you really need to try it, promise you won't be dissapointed.

Sorry... i just noticed "steel" you should get it anyway!!!

Last edited:
Riddle me this, have any of you built a 9mm 1911? considering that as on option as of now. i asked about getting as RIA at local shops, they looked at me like i had three heads [laugh] and the only thing any of them would mutter is: "uhh smith and wesson 1911 pro?" Yeah id love to but the price tag is beyond me.

Dom

Back
Top Bottom