your favorite steel 9, with details

thesaw,

I haven't yet read all 4 pages, but it might be fun to try to find a Performance Center 5906. They were the hot ticket in IDPA in the early 2000s.

One other thought. I realize its not a high cap gun, but I love my Dan Wesson Pointman 9, 1911. Several companies make 10 round mags for them. So its kinda medium capacity.
But I really love the way it shoots. Right now, its at CZ-Custom getting an ambi safety and mag well installed. I can't wait to get it back.

EAA14EA2-D556-4E5E-834A-FDD5E71BF8EA-214-000000DA77D2A38F.jpg

If you have an interest in a high cap 9mm that is knock your sox off sexy.
Maybe try a Brazos tuned STI Edge:

edge_plus.gif

Or if you want to spend a few more bucks, a pure Brazos gun is gorgeous:

sc_limited.gif

Last edited:
WOW! that looks great, im very impressed with how it looks and its finish! How is the slide to frame fit? and barrel to slide? that is one cool lookin gun, Spike's from Cowboy Bebop if im not mistaken.

Dom

Fit is tight and solid. Unlike most semi autos, on this gun the slide fits into the lower rather than over the lower.

Unfortunately this is not mass compliant so they are next to impossible to get here.

Its no more of a fitted edge than the pure custom gun. StI frame and slide built up by Bob Londrigan.

It shares all the same parts as the edge, same barrel same hammer sear etc. The pro series has a better barrel, (Bar-sto, I believe), egw internals.

Last edited:
I'm with you re the internals. But the slide and frame are not edge parts. They are STI sourced just like the custom guns.

I think a fair way to represent it is to say that the tuned edge is all STi.

The SC gun uses Brazos frame and slide with some STi internals

The custom gun uses Brazos frame and slide with all top shelf internals.

Fair?

I'm with you re the internals. But the slide and frame are not edge parts. They are STI sourced just like the custom guns.

I think a fair way to represent it is to say that the tuned edge is all STi.

The SC gun uses Brazos frame and slide with some STi internals

The custom gun uses Brazos frame and slide with all top shelf internals.

Fair?

They all use sti fames and slides

They are not Edge slides. Which is what you suggested. Brazos buys the frames and slides bare and oversized with no cocking serrations cut and no lightening holes. They are fitted by Bob like any of the dozens of smiths who build custom guns with STi parts. Cocking serrations in teh brazos pattern are cut as are the lightening holes.

So yes, they are quite different from the ones on an edge.

Bob buys the same slides and frames that STI starts their build with the Edge. Bald Unique, they are the same slide. The only difference is cosmetic. You are splitting hairs suggesting some how Brazos gets a special slide, He doesn't

ive never shot a 92fs believe it or not, maybe i will see if anyone i know has one i can put thru its paces. Someone reminded me that smith and wesson still offers an action package on the third gen pistols.

Dom
It's a lot of fun to shoot - just heavy enough to make recoil really manageable for a second shot but it doesn't feel like you are holding a brick (well, except for the size).

You said you are in Berkshire so that's a long way off from me, but if you ever get to this side of the state, send me a message and I'd be happy to meet you at the range to try mine.

I didn't say that.

This is your original statement.

Clearly this is not just a fitted edge.

sc_limited.gif

I'm done with this.

Just like this is a Ferrari [laugh]

7653_133463233147fd94f5f386d.jpg

You clearly no nothing about STI 2011. You own any? Shot any? Or did you just see the pretty picture on Brazos?

Last edited:
Another vote for the 9mm 1911 - I got the SW1911 Pro Series in 9mm recently and love it.

+1 on the CZ line. I shot drgrant's SP01 a few months back (after he sold it) and it was suh-weet! I also just picked up a P-01....I know it's not steel (Al alloy), but still a VERY smooth shooter.

IMG_4471_zpsd1ca9e6a.jpg

I'm another Hi Power fan. As stated, they are great guns that feel so natural in my hand. You can even find reliable pre-ban 15 round mags if you're concerned about not having 15+1 capacity. I also have a CZ75 that is a great pointing and shooting gun. The only reason I prefer the HP is that it is, in my opinion, the sexiest pistol ever made.

1968 T Series Hi Power
DSC_0015.jpg

1988 Vintage CZ75
CZ75.jpg

Chris

yo dcm and baconator, i like both of you guys and your posts for the most part. Shut it with the bickering. Im not buying a race gun and have no interest in them, i want a gun that i can afford and one that is readily available. That should be pretty apparent from my own posts and the posts of others recommending common guns.

If you want to argue about who's poop smells worse don't do it here.

on that note, i am heavily considering both a 9mm 1911 (used, after re shooting a friends which i enjoyed) and the performance center 5906.

Dom

Love my CZ75B for everyday use and shooting. There's just something about it...

But the Sig X-5 is da balls for a high end gun. amazing build quality, dead nuts accurate, great sights. It's the whole package.

Back
Top Bottom