• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your Gun and Shooting Goals for 2024?

build a 3rd AR before the f***tards on Beacon Hill ban them for good...

Get my RI non-res LTC, which means getting all my notarized shit together and getting a qual session in.

Stop buying guns (New Years resolution, although I do have one on the way 😁 ), sell a few I don't really use, use the ones I keep more. I have way more than I need or use and as I get closer to retirement I am trying to simplify my life as much as possible by getting rid of stuff I don't or will not use.
This almost exactly, though retirement is too far off to think about.

This almost exactly, though retirement is too far off to think about.

I have 2-4 years to go, depending on when I get too sick of the BS with my current job. I am working on "reallocating" money tied up in things (not just guns) I don't, and know I won't, use, and either liquidating for cash or, more likely, putting it into something I know I will "use". We are building a new house this year if everything goes right, and I don't want to move/make space for anything that will collect dust, not necessarily downsizing, but "right-sizing" for what I do enjoy and use.

to stay on the LO top 20 list. It would be way more difficult to stay at M class top 20 than to slide into GM.

1704234616223.png
you may find my name at the top of a different division (PCC) but nobody cares. I worked hard and met my previous goals of +85% in all pistol divisions.

1704234830274.png

build a 3rd AR before the f***tards on Beacon Hill ban them for good...

Get my RI non-res LTC, which means getting all my notarized shit together and getting a qual session in.
Been making some purchases from my wish list before the commies push through their final pile of sh!t.

Stop buying guns (New Years resolution, although I do have one on the way 😁 ), sell a few I don't really use, use the ones I keep more. I have way more than I need or use and as I get closer to retirement I am trying to simplify my life as much as possible by getting rid of stuff I don't or will not use.

Oh, and get completely frucked by the new MA gun regulations sometime this year.
I just did that now my house feels empty

So I'm going to buy a life card because they are utterly ridiculous and i want one

I'm going to make Master in IDPA this year in at least one division, potentially up to six. I also got into USPSA in 2023 so I'll continue doing that, although I'm not going to renew my membership due to all the political drama going on. Might try PCSL if there's a local one. I've been dry firing a lot lately so I need to be disciplined and continue doing it. That's it, man, just gotta put in the work.
sig academy hosts pcsl I am planning on getting back to running some sort of multigun out here in western mass

Build more. Shoot more. Blow shit up. Trade stonks.
Lofty goal,

Shoot up DJBrad's steel targets.....don't repaint them, leave useless steel casings all over , take a dump before I leave, wipe with McD's wrappers and leave the trash.

Blame one of the locals, he won't know because I stole all his game cams.

Lofty goal,

Shoot up DJBrad's steel targets.....don't repaint them, leave useless steel casings all over , take a dump before I leave, wipe with McD's wrappers and leave the trash.

The locals think I’m Republic Services or something.

Lofty goal,

iteam_video_shows_boston_police_officer_get_hurt_on_childre-gif.780470

I think last year mine was to finally test .30 Carbine bullets in .327, which I did accomplish. Easy enough as all I needed were a die and bullets.

Next year my goals would be to buy the two top break revolvers I've been wanting for years. Want to see how much velocity changes when using .32 S&W in a chamber for .32 S&W and .32 S&W Long as my suspicion is the shorter .32 will have higher velocity in its native chamber, but the only revolvers available to test that in are top breaks.

Thankfully those 5 shot top breaks are easy to find. The ones that aren't are the 6 shot top breaks with long barrels. No hope I'll find a suitable one, they always seem to be broken on gunbroker.

Other goal is with primers not being as hard to get I'm going to get the 45-70 adapter for the shotgun and get the components to reload it. Biggest problem there is getting the brass.

I would say get into reloading for .410, but the two guns I want in .410 are either not available or so new that I want to wait another 6 months to see what owners are saying. Reloading .410 can wait until 2025.

What are your goals for next year?
Many are broken because of poor design and wrong ammo.
Theres no point in testing 32sw in a 32sw long it works and velocity is marginal

My goal for 2024 is to get to the cast Seminar, shoot 2300 rounds of old shit 22lr through the rusty 22s
Get my CMP games match score into legit “gold medal “ territory, this is going to require a huge gain in Off Hand Scores.
Do some more trap shooting

1) Get some quality glass for my Ruger SFAR

2) Get a quality OWB holster for my VP9 (suggestions on Southeastern MA holster makers welcome)

3) Plan on taking some first aid class

4) Get formal firearms training (run and shoot etc)

5) Build a quality AR to replace my poverty pony build

Many are broken because of poor design and wrong ammo.
Theres no point in testing 32sw in a 32sw long it works and velocity is marginal
The design is fine, still many top breaks out there over 125 years old that are still shooting.

The wrong ammo tho is probably the main reason why many are broken because for some retarded reason .32 ACP became more common to find on a shelf than .32 S&W did, even tho there have literally been millions of .32 S&W or S&W Long chambered revolvers made since 1878, and that's what got shot thru those top breaks.

I already have a .32 S&W Lg top break, I'm going to test velocity in that with the ammo minutes after I test it in the .32 short top break for chronograph accuracy. The entire point is to see what difference there is, which means I guess I'm going to have to buy a 3 inch barrel .32 S&W as that's what the .32 Lg top break I have is, even tho I'd rather have the 2 inch.

In my quest to shoot more and do more training. Did a night shoot tonight (no real light on the range)

I did not have any nods or what. Strictly weapon mounted white lights for me. Did pretty good. But I was cold as f’.

Back
Top Bottom