17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

in watching this trial develop, we have gone from probable "mistrial with prejudice" to adding included lesser charges. I'm more concerned that a guilty verdict is very possible.
You never know with a jury, especially since they aren't in court during the judges admonishment of the most damning prosecutorial misconduct.
I have to agree. Today was a disaster! Self inflicted by the defense.

Can any of you in the field tell me why Kyle would accept the State’s request to press lower charges as well?

Kyles defense is absolutely useless I mean it, they accepted that bs doctored photo today instead of arguing it with the Judge.

Pushing the provication narrative is all the prosecutors have left thanks to that bs altered photo, and it just might work.

I feel like we’re about to witness the age old BS boxing decision for the loser in a fight that clearly had a winner.

Last edited:
in watching this trial develop, we have gone from probable "mistrial with prejudice" to adding included lesser charges. I'm more concerned that a guilty verdict is very possible.
You never know with a jury, especially since they aren't in court during the judges admonishment of the most damning prosecutorial misconduct.
But Kyle and his attorneys had to agree to those. They allowed some but not others. Tactical decision.

Can any of you in the field tell me why Kyle would accept the State’s request to press lower charges as well?

Kyles defense is absolutely useless I mean it, they accepted that bs doctored photo today instead of arguing it with the Judge.
The judge explained it very well to Kyle. The jury could compromise on the most serious charge if there are jurors who say " he must be guilty of something". It's all about minimizing risk for the most serious conviction.

The judge (I assume) would also be doing the sentencing and maybe they like their chances with that.

On the plus side: Kyle has multiple grounds for appeal. Any sentence must be stayed.

I am still hopeful that a jury will do the right thing, but this is getting stupid.
question: is Kyle detained during the trial, and if guilty, remain detained during appeals ? I think yes, but not sure.

question: is Kyle detained during the trial, and if guilty, remain detained during appeals ? I think yes, but not sure.
I don't know for sure if he is currently being detained. I don't think he is, but I cannot say for sure and I haven't looked it up.

If the sentence is stayed pending appeal, he would not be detained. Somewhat unlikely in a murder case though - it depends on what he does get convicted on.

Pushing the provication narrative is all the prosecutors have left thanks to that bs altered photo, and it just might work.

I feel like we’re about to witness the age old BS boxing decision for the loser in a fight that clearly had a winner.
Did you not watch it yesterday? They argued about that photo for like 3 hours yesterday (day 8). The judge ruled that the photo was going to be allowed and let the jury decide.
Today, they were unable to argue about the photo. The judge had already made a ruling on it.

Did you not watch it yesterday? They argued about that photo for like 3 hours yesterday (day 8). The judge ruled that the photo was going to be allowed and let the jury decide.
Today, they were unable to argue about the photo. The judge had already made a ruling on it.
They were making progress w/ the judge today. Listen to the Rekieta crew they are all agreeing and mind blown.

I was thinking the same thing. But it’s obvious to the jury every time that rhino horned idiot f***ed up the judge got super pissed and had the jury leave so he could scold him.

I was thinking the same thing. But it’s obvious to the jury every time that rhino horned idiot f***ed up the judge got super pissed and had the jury leave so he could scold him.

Very much this.

The jury doesn't get to see the judge scold the prosecutor, but they know why they're being sent out.

Watching this, I am struck by how this is just another day at the office for everyone in that court room , except for the defendant (and witnesses/observers but they aren't on trial).
A couple years ago a friend was charged with hit and run. Probably could have cleared it up quickly (it really wasn't him), but he had moved and was guilty of being lazy so he did not legally change his address or forward his mail, so he never got the notice of the charges and had a bench warrant issued etc. Because his license was suspended when the warrant was issued and he needs a cane to get around I drove him to court. we went 6-7 times in about as many months and would often have to sit in the courtroom for a few hours each time and you would watch the other cases go by.

A job is just a job to the person doing it and you really saw that in the clerks, attorneys and judges. I was just an 8 hour a day slog that you had to get through. To the people who were there on charges, this may have been the biggest life changing thing that will ever happen to them, but to everyone working there it was another Tuesday and how long till lunch break? The contrast between so many people who were on the edge of a nervous breakdown and the rest in a never ending ennui was jarring if completely understandable.

one of Rittenhouses lawyers who left the defense before trial due to his disagreement over jury selection and Rittenhouse testifying, was on megyn Kelly’s podcast yesterday and he said there absolutely will be civil suits brought against the people who defamed Rittenhouse.

I seriously doubt after the smearing and attempts to put him in prison for life Rittenhouse will allow those people to skate on their defamation. I know I’d make it my life mission to make them pay.

one of Rittenhouses lawyers who left the defense before trial due to his disagreement over jury selection and Rittenhouse testifying, was on megyn Kelly’s podcast yesterday and he said there absolutely will be civil suits brought against the people who defamed Rittenhouse.

I seriously doubt after the smearing and attempts to put him in prison for life Rittenhouse will allow those people to skate on their defamation. I know I’d make it my life mission to make them pay.
Robert Barnes

So, what have you learned during this trial? I'll go first:

A 55gr. .223 FMJ round can go through 10 people.
only if its hollow point
Full hollow metal jacket.

No no, hollow points explode in cook deer.
FTFY.

The AR-15 is not a more powerful weapon. I wish Rittenhouse had been carrying a shotgun with slugs. Grosskruetz's arm would have been a stump and Rosenbaum's head would have been in Alpo chunks.
FTFY.

Considering all that @drgrant does for this site,
it's the least I could do for him.

Thats ridiculous. Different charges would have probably changed the defendants strategy. I hope that the judge tells the prosec to stuff the extra charges.
Yeah, no.
slide_9.jpg

If someone spends a week in court charging you with the crime of being divisible by 3,
and then at the last minute tacks on the charge of being divisible by 9,
it changes nothing about the defense.

Assuming you don't want to be, like, convicted of any crimes.

I'm down, but close-ups make it a little more of a hung jury.

@Picton is picky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom