2023- NH Legislation

I understand that trail clubs are frustrated by azzholes going off trail, ruining property, and costing the club their access to private land.

Good perspective, and I certainly understand the clubs and their relationship with private land owners.

I do believe that more laws are not the answer here.

We'll see what happens when it hits the House. I wasn't really paying attention, so all I got to do is downvote it prior to the hearing.

I understand that trail clubs are frustrated by azzholes going off trail, ruining property, and costing the club their access to private land.

This would not be the solution, though.

I spent four years watching various industry groups that should favor keeping F&G out of their business, begging "Please spank me harder, Daddy! Can I have more fresh Kiwi?"
Pssssssssttt, road use of OHRVs.....

From an internal message regarding the anti-gun press conference on 2/8 at 8:30am:

All DayLobby DayPlease note: This is a huge day for Gun Violence Prevention in the legislation. So in addition to signing in on the bills, we will be joining the Gun Sense NH, Voices of Faith and others for a Press Conference at 8:30 in the LOB and then visibility outside Reps Hall. For those who can, we encourage you to stay for the hearings, give in person testimony and take time to talk with legislators during the lunch break in the State House Cafeteria. There will be lots of resources, mentors and knowledgeable folks available. Meet: 8 am outside the LOB for pre-press conference visibility and info on the day’s actions.
Gotta wonder how many of the these anti-gun/liberty hoplophobes were paid to be there today. There always seems to be the same old progressive/dems (mostly "women") caterwauling about how bad gunz are while they are speaking half truths, or complete lies, within the capitol building of the safest state in the union.

How did the meetings go otherwise?

Last edited:
F&G seems to think the 4th amendment is a no longer valid and have managed to hoodwink the CJ&PS to kill HB498
Even SCOTUS knows and has ruled that you need a warrant to search.

1676083095604.png

Last edited:
F&G seems to think the 4th amendment is a no longer valid and have managed to hoodwink the CJ&PS to kill HB498

View attachment 719777
The only thing new about this, was that it was assigned to CJ&PS this year, instead of F&G&MR.

The outcome was the same.

View attachment 719777

Not surprised at all.

Are there any incremental steps that can be brought forward next year? Nickle and dime them until they have similar left and right limits as the police?

Why are they all at the same time?

Just so they can chew threw the bills in whatever time it takes. The public hearing was last week-this is just them pontificating on them. and NHFC's FB post was spot on.

Why have all the email notifications of journals and meeting schedule notices stopped?
I still get them weekly for journals and calendars. I'm hoping this week's House calendar has the outcome of tomorrow's hearings.

Just so they can chew threw the bills in whatever time it takes. The public hearing was last week-this is just them pontificating on them. and NHFC's FB post was spot on.

I still get them weekly for journals and calendars. I'm hoping this week's House calendar has the outcome of tomorrow's hearings.
I haven’t gotten anything in a week and a half From the state Website emails. Also, no idea what NHFC fb post was as I don’t have fb. I’m really tired of these orgs using inconsistent venues. Either use a website or email, but stop expecting people to have 27 different points of access and then complain about lack of support. I saw a complaint on Concord Patch about only 50 people showing up at a hearing From a FFL. Well, nhfc sent an email and said they would update what was going on. Nothing ever followed. Not cranking at you, appreciate you posting here, but there are some serious holes in the network. The state website goes down pretty frequently. I understand nhfc is a volunteer org, but if they say they will follow up, they should.

Why are they all at the same time?
This is the executive session for those bills.

There is no public input; that was done at the public hearing.

Any "noticed" public hearing has a start time, and the hearing cannot start before that time.

For committee executive sessions, all bills are discussed in order without regard to time, because members of the public won't be speaking.

I haven’t gotten anything in a week and a half From the state Website emails. Also, no idea what NHFC fb post was as I don’t have fb. I’m really tired of these orgs using inconsistent venues. Either use a website or email, but stop expecting people to have 27 different points of access and then complain about lack of support. I saw a complaint on Concord Patch about only 50 people showing up at a hearing From a FFL. Well, nhfc sent an email and said they would update what was going on. Nothing ever followed. Not cranking at you, appreciate you posting here, but there are some serious holes in the network. The state website goes down pretty frequently. I understand nhfc is a volunteer org, but if they say they will follow up, they should.

Yes, NHFC can clean up its messaging on their website, email distro, and all social media they use. They should all be theoretically conveying the same information.

IMO, while very helpful, it is not the most organized organization. Lots of volunteer type orgs can be like that.

I also don't think the couple of pennies I've kicked to them over the years have helped much other than paying a day or so of web site hosting.

It's a small org in a small state. They have <10K folks following their FB page. They do have something of a 'fudd' reputation, but what other organization is actually providing testimony for bills? Certainly not GOA who has only chimed in on one anti bill, and not the NRA with a whopping three bills.

IMO2, NHFC can do some SM work to spread the word and attract followers to their cause. Plenty of ways for a barely savvy FB person to do that. With followers may come money and then they might actually be able to grab a PT employee or something to help out.

RE FB. You don't have to have FB to read it. Similar with other SM venues. It's the 21st century(I think, I always mess that one up), we have to aggressively find the information we need for whatever reason. Despite it slowly dying, FB is one of those places. I have it, but the account that has my name on it is not there for friends or anything, it is only there to see restaurant specials, see what my former units are doing, and see what the is happening on some interests-NH 2A politics being one of them. Man that pic of the House meeting they posted yesterday looked familiar, lol.

and buying votes is an apt description of what the feds were trying to do.

If anyone wants to help, I know the group is looking for more volunteers to help with email alerts and web postings. PM me.

RE FB. You don't have to have FB to read it.
Actually, I can’t. If I go to a FB post, I get a dialog box that says FB wants to track me. My options are to hit ok or close the box. Obviously, I am not letting fb track me. When I close the dialog box, the fb login page comes up, not the post. Yes, I realize this is one of my security setting. But again, thanks for the thoughtful response, it is appreciated.

With every committee divided evenly this session, a 20-0 ITL is amazing.
It helps to show up to the hearing with a box of standard .308 'vital-shok' hunting ammo and talk about the similarities to 7.62x51 and how one round is for hunting game and the other is used by the military in battle. After you explain that they will make almost every deer hunter in the state into a felon, you get their attention. By the time the gun owners/hunters were finished testifying the LEOs had quietly snuck out of the room and disappeared from the hearing and there were no supporters.

FWIW, those who draft these bills don't know the difference between the breach end and the muzzle end of a barrel.

Last edited:
What happens when a bill is “retained in committee “ ?
thanks.
Ostensibly, it's retained to work on it until the second year of the term, and then it will get voted ITL/OTP or No Recommendation (meaning a tie vote in committee). It will eventually get voted on by the entire House.

The danger of No Recommendation is that the first vote by the House will be OTP, and if that fails then another motion will be made (ITL, Table, or Indefinitely Suspend).

It's one of my legislative wants that I annoy all the reps I know with.
Hopefully someone will do something. It sucks to be 2 miles away from trail heads but have to load up truck and trailers with atvs to get to them and leave your stuff there. Just begging for cat converter theifs to swing on by.

Ostensibly, it's retained to work on it until the second year of the term, and then it will get voted ITL/OTP or No Recommendation (meaning a tie vote in committee). It will eventually get voted on by the entire House.

The danger of No Recommendation is that the first vote by the House will be OTP, and if that fails then another motion will be made (ITL, Table, or Indefinitely Suspend).
Sorry, what do ITL and OTP mean?

Hopefully someone will do something. It sucks to be 2 miles away from trail heads but have to load up truck and trailers with atvs to get to them and leave your stuff there. Just begging for cat converter theifs to swing on by.
Add to that loading up to go to the ice for fishing and a fun run to the ice cream stand with my kids. There is a bit of money to be made as well, I know 3 folks locally that plunked down the money to plate their machines in Montanna through their wall hack, make it easy to do it like a motorcycle, and I'd bet most people would do it.

Back
Top Bottom