• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3/27/23 Nashville School Shooting

what I'm saying is that without the parents stepping in to pretend that they had the situation under control, she would have been institutionalized due to inability to live independently. seeing her "art" that looked like an 8 year old's work made it clear that things weren't a-okay.

hot take: non-binary on a 4473 should be a trap question for denial.

There’s a lot of people with autism and emotional disturbances under the care of mental health professionals but not institutionalized. Maybe more should be, but whose call is that? As they say, crazy isn’t always stupid - parents and mental health care professionals might be manipulated or fooled by their kids/patients. If you have an older kid at home, you give them some autonomy and privacy. That was probably part of the treatment program (that didn’t work).

This kid seemed to hide it all well until they outed themselves as a mass killer. Who was tipped off and said nothing? Maybe somebody, maybe nobody.

There’s a lot of people with autism and emotional disturbances under the care of mental health professionals but not institutionalized. Maybe more should be, but whose call is that? As they say, crazy isn’t always stupid - parents and mental health care professionals might be manipulated or fooled by their kids/patients. If you have an older kid at home, you give them some autonomy and privacy. That was probably part of the treatment program (that didn’t work).

This kid seemed to hide it all well until they outed themselves as a mass killer. Who was tipped off and said nothing? Maybe somebody, maybe nobody.
Ummm... no its just that right now for really no good reason mental health people instead of treating gender dysmorphia they are leaning into it

18 months ago she switched up to identifying as a man... publicly...aka she did not hide it

Ya, CT went full retard and other states followed them like CO, OR , WA etc.. Can't remember them all.

Bumpstocks were a reaction from Trump after Vegas.
I was not aware of any new federal laws on bump stocks, other than atf deciding the bump stocks met some sort of definition they decided ?

DeSantis merrily signed Red Flag laws in FL and Trump was touting the same, both following the NRA's flaming garbage advice.
Half of NES: "Bwat DeStantis is bettah cuz he can win and all life's about is winnin so I only back winnahs! Trump is old n fat n richa' than me which makes me a losah n I don't like bein' a losah wit a small dick."

This shoe talk is easily explained. We have different camera sensor hardware, different lighting sources, different distances. They're the same shoes with a lot of color detail lost on the security cam but picked up on the body cam. I altered the lower-right quadrant of the picture to approximate the difference. The yellow registered as white and red registered as black on the security cam -- the compression by design that allows cost effective storage of 24/7 data in a way body cams don't need to. You can even see the smidge of black under the truly white pinstripe. No Pumas here.

Shoes 2.jpeg

View attachment 736934
*checks early life segment on wikipedia*

Ah there it is

image00000816.jpg

image00000039.jpg

This shoe talk is easily explained. We have different camera sensor hardware, different lighting sources, different distances. They're the same shoes with a lot of color detail lost on the security cam but picked up on the body cam. I altered the lower-right quadrant of the picture to approximate the difference. The yellow registered as white and red registered as black on the security cam -- the compression by design that allows cost effective storage of 24/7 data in a way body cams don't need to. You can even see the smidge of black under the truly white pinstripe. No Pumas here.

View attachment 737425

[rofl]

Dude seriously. Didn't your Quantico training give you some better methods to deflect questions when holes in the narrative are found out?

Even if I didn't think your colors/video compression for storage argument wasn't full of crap - which I do , the white pattern of the Puma shoe is completely different than the stripe pattern on the flame shoe. The patterns on both shoes are white - and show up pretty clearly. Or are you trying to say the video compression totally changes the basic shapes of things as well - to save storage space?

I've watched the main video like four times - and even went to Youtube to try and find one in a bigger format than what gets played on Twitter. Sorry dude - but I can't find ANY evidence in the video to support your argument. Every single damn frame I look at - it looks like the shooter is wearing a Puma when alive - and then the bodycam clearly shows the flame shoe after it's dead.

[rofl]

Dude seriously. Didn't your Quantico training give you some better methods to deflect questions when holes in the narrative are found out?

Even if I didn't think your colors/video compression for storage argument wasn't full of crap - which I do , the white pattern of the Puma shoe is completely different than the stripe pattern on the flame shoe. The patterns on both shoes are white - and show up pretty clearly. Or are you trying to say the video compression totally changes the basic shapes of things as well - to save storage space?

I've watched the main video like four times - and even went to Youtube to try and find one in a bigger format than what gets played on Twitter. Sorry dude - but I can't find ANY evidence in the video to support your argument. Every single damn frame I look at - it looks like the shooter is wearing a Puma when alive - and then the bodycam clearly shows the flame shoe after it's dead.
The "white" pattern in the security cam leads with a vertical line to the beginning of the laces, which it doesn't with the pumas, where it is curved and starts much farther back. You can even see the little tongue of black in the yellow part that is being picked up white in the security cam footage. The security cams probably only have LED or fluorescent light to work with. There's not a lot of yellow anywhere in the security cam footage.

STScI-01F8GCKS4XE1EBES7VTN9ZVN2R.jpg

Compression might also be playing a role. I don't know, but I'm not surprised that yellow would show up as white. The bodycam, OTOH, is taking in the image bathed in natural light streaming through the windows. Even then the yellow is muted. The bodycam also has greater resolution from being closer.

Last edited:
This is a wolf in sheep's clothing... there goes more rights and here comes more spying. More censorship and regulations around Speech renamed "misinformation "
Never EVER forget: their endgame is nothing less than a Chinese-style totalitarian bureaucracy for everyone, worldwide. Everything they do is in pursuit of that goal. They enjoy calling this agenda The Great Reset, and are quite happy to promote it openly.

I tested one out once - it ripped the spectacles off my face on the flip out. If I pushed my chin down to my chest, it only almost pulled my ears off. Almost 2/3rds of the backpack volume is used by the plates, but it’s pretty good IIIA body armor once deployed. But tactical black. I’d put some red First Aid panels on so police didn’t shoot me immediately.

BTW, were there wounded in Nashville? Or just killed? Many mass shootings have a wounded to killed ratio almost equivalent to Chicago’s numbers. Guns are not 100% lethal unless the shooter taps each target several times.
I'm sure if you're in a hot zone, you wouldn't worry about your ears. Your glasses might be an issue, start wearing contacts if you want to operate. It's what operators operating operationally do.

View attachment 737425

In addition if you look at the forward orientation of the white strip on the pumas vs the other brand. The ones with the yellow flames align with the beginning of the laces where the pumas clearly align with a spot that is two or three laces back from the first lace(closer to the middle of the laces). In both photos with the shooters feet the "white" is aligned with the beginning of the laces just like the photo of the flame sneakers.

Which the officers were unaware of until the second of engagement .
They had no idea where or when they would run into the shooter.
They went anyway.
I’m not digging back through to find it. In one of the articles it stated the police on the ground were taking fire from a second floor window. Mentioned something about how she must have been trained as she stayed far enough back from the window so they couldn’t get a clear shot or something to that effect.

So they had a good idea of where in the building she was.

If 28 and so autistic that she couldn't live on her own, how did she get a gun? I post a lot of hyperbolic, crazy shit for laughs and to add some "spice" to my thoughts, so to be sure, I'm not mocking mental illness. This is DIY/family-supplied institutionalization, where the professional version is on a 4473 and leads to a denial (I hope). Her parents are pieces of shit for knowing she was buying guns while being too disabled to be trusted with them and doing nothing about it.
Autism is a very broad spectrum - one can be very functional but not able to live on their own because they lack the executive function to pay the rent on time or regularly feed themselves but carry on perfectly fine in other areas.
It's also a disorder not an illness - never going to be cured. Best outcome is the person learns to work around the problems it causes.

The person's rights aren't extinguished because they have never been given due process to have those rights taken away.

Check your fire….it was Rick Scott that signed Fl’s red flag law.
We should be honest with ourselves here, DeSantis did support the red flag law in FL in 2019.

I get the massive political pressure. I am very concerned about red flag law abuse. I like DeSantis but he did speak out in support of them.

In addition if you look at the forward orientation of the white strip on the pumas vs the other brand. The ones with the yellow flames align with the beginning of the laces where the pumas clearly align with a spot that is two or three laces back from the first lace(closer to the middle of the laces). In both photos with the shooters feet the "white" is aligned with the beginning of the laces just like the photo of the flame sneakers.
security camera have lenses designed for coverage, not true reproduction.
I wouldn't trust the images until testing a similar model to check the lens distortion, color rendition, and compression artifacts.
Especially color - never trust a security camera to faithfully reproduce a color unless you have tested it with a pantone swatch under the same lighting conditions in order to be able to correct.

[rofl]

I'm also saying that you can't trust security camera footage without truth data (lens distortion, compression method, color rendition testing, ambient light spectral data).

Just look at the two locations
Hallway lit exclusively by fluorescent lighting
Room right by a wall of glass with very likely a >85% broad spectrum day light illumination.

The colors are going to be rendered completely different and after compression, who knows what the result is until running tests on similar color swatches under the same conditions
Add in limited resolution due to wide angle at distance on the hallway shot and some of those details go sub-pixel and won't show up without super resolution processing on RAW footage. Once compressed any data hidden in the movement artifacts is lost forever.

I've been staying out of this thread for the most part, but I have to say what bothers me the most is the influence these groups have on kids and young adults, especially in college.
This kid was likely raised in a pretty conservative household. Someone made her a school shooter. They convinced her that the best way to deal with her neighbors not accepting her beliefs, was to shoot their kids.
When radical groups convince fellow believers that violence is the best path, they are a terrorist organization. Trans groups have crossed that line and should be viewed as such.

I've been staying out of this thread for the most part, but I have to say what bothers me the most is the influence these groups have on kids and young adults, especially in college.
This kid was likely raised in a pretty conservative household. Someone made her a school shooter. They convinced her that the best way to deal with her neighbors not accepting her beliefs, was to shoot their kids.
When radical groups convince fellow believers that violence is the best path, they are a terrorist organization. Trans groups have crossed that line and should be viewed as such.
She was neuro diverse (autistic) and therefore very susceptible to manipulation techniques.
Nothing takes any of the guilt away from her evil acts but being intelligent enough to know that you should be able to fit in but can't, intelligent enough to know that you should be able to handle basic executive tasking but can't and all the other shit that comes along with the disorder is crippling and isolating.

However, there are several people here on NES that grew up when autism was seen as Rain Man and there was no support system for those who suffered except learning how to fight.
And we have never hurt anyone with our guns - this girl had plenty of support, grew up in a world that better understands her problems but still decided to kill innocents for her inability to adapt to the world around her.

I’m not digging back through to find it. In one of the articles it stated the police on the ground were taking fire from a second floor window. Mentioned something about how she must have been trained as she stayed far enough back from the window so they couldn’t get a clear shot or something to that effect.

So they had a good idea of where in the building she was.

One responder told me they were taking fire from the second floor when he arrived. But once it stopped there would be no telling where in the building the shooter could have gone.

Heard the police chief state make that comment during a press conference, that she stood back from the window and so may have received training. Seems like unnecessary speculation to me. It's pretty intuitive in danger to minimize exposure, just like peeking around a corner if you're afraid of what danger you'll find.

When radical groups convince fellow believers that violence is the best path, they are a terrorist organization.

Careful with that standard.

You've read some of the posts here by our glowier members. It would be pretty easy to take those posts and call NES a "terrorist organization" under that rubric, if one of us ever went off the reservation.

Autism is a very broad spectrum - one can be very functional but not able to live on their own because they lack the executive function to pay the rent on time or regularly feed themselves but carry on perfectly fine in other areas.
It's also a disorder not an illness - never going to be cured. Best outcome is the person learns to work around the problems it causes.
[wave]

I live by checklists.

We should be honest with ourselves here, DeSantis did support the red flag law in FL in 2019.

I get the massive political pressure. I am very concerned about red flag law abuse. I like DeSantis but he did speak out in support of them.
Rick Scott signed the law. What’s so hard to understand about that?

I don’t trust any politician with anything that way I don’t get disappointed…. if that makes any sense

Back
Top Bottom