• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3/27/23 Nashville School Shooting

Shooter dead, situation deescalated. Next step is to go to dead shooter's house and investigate. OK, sounds reasonable.

Do you think they knock on the door or try and get the parents to open the door. Nope, let's use a ram to smash the door and then for good measure we'll throw some flash grenades into the house. Not sure what they expected to find in the house as far as armed/active resistance but seems excessive to me.

I'm really getting sick of LEO blatantly destroying private property when not necessary and then hiding behind immunity laws to not pay for repairs to said property.
Is that what happened?

I saw that in John Wick 4 last night. The guy had a Glock and two mags on a kydex holster as well when he flipped it out.

Glad to know I can get John Wick movie items on line. Now I just need a Kevlar suit!
Those have actually been around for a while, from a number of different manufacturers.

If the Trans population is even as much at 0.3%, that’s ~1 million people.

That new bill that will ban TikTok and remove the last shreds of privacy from the Internet specifically calls out platforms that are expected to reach 1 million or more people.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure, but still interesting.

That new bill that will ban TikTok and remove the last shreds of privacy from the Internet specifically calls out platforms that are expected to reach 1 million or more people.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure, but still interesting.
This is a wolf in sheep's clothing... there goes more rights and here comes more spying. More censorship and regulations around Speech renamed "misinformation "

I saw that in John Wick 4 last night. The guy had a Glock and two mags on a kydex holster as well when he flipped it out.

Glad to know I can get John Wick movie items on line. Now I just need a Kevlar suit!

I tested one out once - it ripped the spectacles off my face on the flip out. If I pushed my chin down to my chest, it only almost pulled my ears off. Almost 2/3rds of the backpack volume is used by the plates, but it’s pretty good IIIA body armor once deployed. But tactical black. I’d put some red First Aid panels on so police didn’t shoot me immediately.

BTW, were there wounded in Nashville? Or just killed? Many mass shootings have a wounded to killed ratio almost equivalent to Chicago’s numbers. Guns are not 100% lethal unless the shooter taps each target several times.

Well under federal and most state laws the bar for that "mental illness" disqualifier is set very high (eg, as a trigger its basically involuntary commitment to a looney bin etc) and for VERY good reason.
Are there even any looney bins to admit looneys to??? Do looney bins still exist??

Yes. 28yo at parents house.

Haven’t heard through media but I this thread rumor that ‘it’ was autistic, so that could explain 28 yo living with parents.
Embrace your inner boomer

Let the hate flow through you

Call it a worthless millenial

Tell us we all suck

Do it

BTW, were there wounded in Nashville? Or just killed? Many mass shootings have a wounded to killed ratio almost equivalent to Chicago’s numbers. Guns are not 100% lethal unless the shooter taps each target several times.
No wounded, apparently. Partial reports are that the custodian was shot around the time the shooter blew out the doors, the principal was shot alone in a hall confronting the shooter, and the kids and their sub were targets of opportunity in the hall. All pretty early in the incident, so some might have bled out.

She apparently didn’t go into any classrooms. Just roamed around for like ten minutes.

I'm still absolutely in shock not that there was a school shooting.... but someone who threatened suicide dozens of times and has known documented mental issues can actually go out and purchase a gun.

For some strange reason I thought that people with severe mental illness couldn't purchase firearms. I'm no expert on the law. But I would have to agree... as much as I believe everyone should own guns. I don't see any reasons why someone who is suicidal and taking m
When you deprive someone of their constitutional rights, due process is required. This is why the involuntary commitment/adjudication process exists. You will appreciate it when the left says anyone who does not believe in state sponsored propaganda is “mentally ill”.

Yes. Autistic, not independent.
If 28 and so autistic that she couldn't live on her own, how did she get a gun? I post a lot of hyperbolic, crazy shit for laughs and to add some "spice" to my thoughts, so to be sure, I'm not mocking mental illness. This is DIY/family-supplied institutionalization, where the professional version is on a 4473 and leads to a denial (I hope). Her parents are pieces of shit for knowing she was buying guns while being too disabled to be trusted with them and doing nothing about it.

If 28 and so autistic that she couldn't live on her own, how did she get a gun? I post a lot of hyperbolic, crazy shit for laughs and to add some "spice" to my thoughts, so to be sure, I'm not mocking mental illness. This is DIY/family-supplied institutionalization, where the professional version is on a 4473 and leads to a denial (I hope). Her parents are pieces of shit for knowing she was buying guns while being too disabled to be trusted with them and doing nothing about it.

The question on the 4473 doesn't ask if you have a mental illness, it asks if you have ever been adjudicated by a judge, or something like that :) It didn't lie on the 4473 otherwise we would have heard about it.. maybe, if it fits their agenda.

The question on the 4473 doesn't ask if you have a mental illness, it asks if you have ever been adjudicated by a judge, or something like that :) It didn't lie on the 4473 otherwise we would have heard about it.. maybe, if it fits their agenda.
what I'm saying is that without the parents stepping in to pretend that they had the situation under control, she would have been institutionalized due to inability to live independently. seeing her "art" that looked like an 8 year old's work made it clear that things weren't a-okay.

hot take: non-binary on a 4473 should be a trap question for denial.

without the parents stepping in to pretend that they had
what fecking parents? it is a 28 yr old person. why are any parents even mentioned?
ok, where were the grandparents? and a grand-grand parents then? and don`t forget those twice removed cousins also.

it is one sick blame game, with relatives involved. there was only 1 adult there, no one else matters.

what fecking parents? it is a 28 yr old person. why are any parents even mentioned?
ok, where were the grandparents? and a grand-grand parents then? and don`t forget those twice removed cousins also.

it is one sick blame game, with relatives involved. there was only 1 adult there, no one else matters.
because she was dependent on her parents as a 28 year old due to mental disability. she didn't live with them to save some cash.

Back
Top Bottom