3/27/23 Nashville School Shooting

The trans community is being led to believe that there is some identifiable, geniune, and imminent threat against them. Their identity is their life, thus rejection of their identity is viewed as a belief they have no right to life. This paranoia is being made worse by a media and political ideology inciting panic and telling them to fight back, that it's okay to use physical violence on people for merely using wrong pronouns.

To them, misgendering is like calling a Black person a n****r right to their face.

The trans community needs to grow up, there should be trans people within the community speaking out and telling others that violence isn't acceptable. Where are they? Caitlyn Jenner could be someone who takes center stage as a trans spokesperson to denounce this shooting and change the culture within the community.

lol and who speaks for the "trans community" do they have some kind of NRA like lobbying entity im not aware of? [rofl]

I think part of the problem with that "community" is I don't think it is at all monolithic. I think its because its pretty obvious that some of them dont want to be affiliated with the psychos who start yelling at people at gamestop because they got misgendered etc.

I think to some degree its like saying something like "gun owner community" which certainly isnt monolithic either. Hell within that "community" we have a bunch of people who are commies who want to embrace limited gun control, but thats a far cry from what most of us here would ever want to be remotely affiliated with.

I think the extremists within the LMNOPQ community are basically "consuming all the air in the room" and any of their "peers" are afraid to speak out against their "mainstream" because they don't want to get "cancelled." Not to mention a lot of those people have enough grief going on in their lives becuase of their illness etc, adding to it isn't going to help. So they sort of suffer in silence, their opinions are not heard, etc.

It reminds me of like when you heard or watched a media personality actually interview a black person that said they agreed with donald trump.... the people that dont toe the party line are not nonexistant, but media is definitely not making them visible.

The LGBTTTTQP+ community needs to be held accountable, they created this monster. They should be rounded up and sent away. We can't tolerate this kind of Hate & violence in our communities.
We need accountability.

If I was going to bet $$$$$ most of this is caused by shit like SSRIs or poor mental healthcare. It's probably going to come out in the wash that this person had some issues... serious issues... that had a canvas/cover draped over them, likely for years.

I think the "trans" thing is just a symptom of her existing illness, more than likely.

If I was going to bet $$$$$ most of this is caused by shit like SSRIs or poor mental healthcare. It's probably going to come out in the wash that this person had some issues... serious issues... that had a canvas/cover draped over them, likely for years.

I think the "trans" thing is just a symptom of her existing illness, more than likely.
Start mixing all the hormones/testosterone injections and lots of mental pills , you've got yourself a Twisted Cocktail Freak

Her identity using male pronouns only started within the past year, according to one of her professors. Seems to have been tied to the death of one of her bball teammates. Before that, there wasn’t any apparent gender confusion.

Her identity using male pronouns only started within the past year, according to one of her professors. Seems to have been tied to the death of one of her bball teammates. Before that, there wasn’t any apparent gender confusion.

of course as usual though we'll never get access to the list of medications she may have taken now or in the past.

ETA: I do think that the trans thing is often triggered by other mental health issues. It's like something convenient for them to latch onto.

I do find it somewhat disturbing that you basically can slaughter a bunch of people, die in the process, and somehow your health information is still considered like sacrosanct or something. That's pretty bizarre to me. It seems like facts about what kind of medication or treatment someone was on during or around the time of the incident is always either buried, hidden, or never told to the public. You know, almost like theres some very powerful people or something influencing that process so that aspect of it never happens. It just seems awfully bizarre to me that these kind of events really didnt exist much until the death of looney bins and SSRIs and other weird drugs had really started entering common
use. I mean the overall number of events is still low (to the point of being noise on a death stat) but its pretty obvious there are new external factors that simply didnt exist 30-40 years ago, otherwise it would have happened far more often back then, too.

I'm still absolutely in shock not that there was a school shooting.... but someone who threatened suicide dozens of times and has known documented mental issues can actually go out and purchase a gun.

For some strange reason I thought that people with severe mental illness couldn't purchase firearms. I'm no expert on the law. But I would have to agree... as much as I believe everyone should own guns. I don't see any reasons why someone who is suicidal and taking m

I'm still absolutely in shock not that there was a school shooting.... but someone who threatened suicide dozens of times and has known documented mental issues can actually go out and purchase a gun.

For some strange reason I thought that people with severe mental illness couldn't purchase firearms. I'm no expert on the law. But I would have to agree... as much as I believe everyone should own guns. I don't see any reasons why someone who is suicidal and taking m

Well under federal and most state laws the bar for that "mental illness" disqualifier is set very high (eg, as a trigger its basically involuntary commitment to a looney bin etc) and for VERY good reason.

For some strange reason I thought that people with severe mental illness couldn't purchase firearms.
Well, see, you’d have to define that. The government defines it as “adjudicated or committed,” basically.

Devil’s in the details. The world is packed with people who are diagnosable with various mental disorders, and yet safe with firearms. Packed.

I’m not sure what you’re even getting at here. You can buy anything you want if you have money.

I never knew people who are suicidal can buy a gun. I always thought that was somehow not possible.
Certainly not.

Besides, those people would need to express their suicidal ideation in some way so that NICs can hear about it. How would you think that happens?

Doctors can get sued if they blab in that way, and rightly so.

Talk about fing up your life in a single moment. She went from having the world’s cushiest job as press secretary for a liberal, getting licked by the media all day, to being unemployed and unemployable for the foreseeable future. Maybe she can start her own podcast or YouTube channel with all her free time now!
She said out loud what the left thinks all the time....

Talk about fing up your life in a single moment. She went from having the world’s cushiest job as press secretary for a liberal, getting licked by the media all day, to being unemployed and unemployable for the foreseeable future. Maybe she can start her own podcast or YouTube channel with all her free time now!
She can always learn to code

Agree - once more body cam footage came out it was clear that they did a great job moving as a team.
Absolutely zero taken from them even if there was hesitation - I would be scared shit to go up against a shooter with a suicide end goal.

It's not exactly a normal human response to run towards gunshots.
Sometimes a little nudge is needed to override self preservation and revert back to training.
They did a fine job

It's not exactly a normal human response to run towards gunshots.
Sometimes a little nudge is needed to override self preservation and revert back to training.
They did a fine job
My post was a response to the first bodycam video only.
Once I saw another angle it was apparent the nudge was pre-planned communication so that the person with a long gun could hyper focus and have an observer keep situational awareness.

I am not sticking up for the officers in uvalde. But this engagement scenario is a lot different.

The shooter in uvalde was barricaded in a room with live children using them as a shield.

The shooter in uvalde had the superior position.

This idiot was out in the open alone with no cover and minimal risk for collateral damage.

The two engagement scenarios are completely different.

This response may have been text book. But that is only because the shooter afforded them that opportunity in this case.
Which the officers were unaware of until the second of engagement .
They had no idea where or when they would run into the shooter.
They went anyway.

I got into an interesting debate at a bar just now after work about US gun laws and Australia gun laws...with a guy from Australia and a other fro Lithuania.

Let's just say, our opinions are extremely varied from how the response here was vs other shootings, and how the response would be to a bad guy glbreaking down your door at 3am is compared to there.

I know this comment really isn't indicative of this thread, but the take of his from outside of the country to ours on this topic was interesting.

This topic started the conversation

That's more for Mom than the kids - Munchausen by Proxy symptoms. Zahal makes a good one if your kids live in a West Bank settlement or Jerusalem this coming next few weeks.

I saw that in John Wick 4 last night. The guy had a Glock and two mags on a kydex holster as well when he flipped it out.

Glad to know I can get John Wick movie items on line. Now I just need a Kevlar suit!

Back
Top Bottom