AAA Guns in Springfield, MA

I haven't been to AAA Guns yet. Any feedback on the shop? Is it any good? Service, selection, unique items, price? etc.

Good selection for a mass shop, Lots of pistols (used and new that are legal) SHotguns, blackrifles And C&R's
reloading supplies and leather. Been treated okay there. depends on who you deal with.
a little on the pricy side but I am cheap and for mass shops not too bad I guess.
I found a good deal on 2 M1 carbines there a few years ago. I allways stop in when going by.
3 stars out of 4

I'll be going to the Sprinfield area (Granville) on 4th of July weekend. Where's a good place to visit?

We also have the Basketball Hall of Fame. And there is a pretty nice aviation museum about 30 miles south at Bradley Airport.

Re: AAA Guns in Springfield

Thor67 said:
I haven't been to AAA Guns yet. Any feedback on the shop? Is it any good? Service, selection, unique items, price? etc.

I've been there twice. One time just so my friend could get a S&W 22A he wanted. The next, I wanted to buy. The owner is a good guy from the short conversation I had with him. He has one worker there that has to be costing him business with his attitude.

I stick mostly to online trades/sales/purchases now.

I've had very good luck with AAA - I bought my very first handgun there, right after getting my permit, when I knew next to nothing about firearms. They took the time to ask me a lot of questions about what I envisioned myself doing with it, what my preferences were for size and weight, etc. I ended up with an SW99 Compact which is still about my favorite handgun, even though I've now got six. I bought a Beretta there later and I still go in every couple of weeks just to see what's new. They always seem to recognize and greet me, and they never make you feel uncomfortable for just browsing to see what's new - definitely no pressure to buy. I'd recommend them highly.

If you want to know where all the guns are in Massachusetts, go to AAA Guns in West Springfield.

Six weeks ago I was there for the very first time. Eric and Dave and the rest of the staff have an amazing selection of handguns, rifles and shotguns at very attractive prices.

It is like a gun, accessory and reloading supermarket!

Addictive -- a toy store for gunnies!

AAA is a decent small gun store in West Springfield Mass. It not located in the best part of town, there is some crime in the area. The store has metal bars on all the windows and doors. They have a decent selection of used firearms, mostly handguns, and good selection of ammo. Their service is good, but I have had some issues with Dave, when trying to bargain on the price of a used gun. All their guns are overpriced. Ammo and reloading supplies are also expensive. But that is pretty normal for most Mass gun stores.

Last edited:
C-X only gives you the easy information ([smile] ). Here's a map. You take Exit 7 off of I-91 and go straight ahead to the light, turn right to go over the Memorial Bridge. As someone said, it's not the best part of town, but not as bad as some others. Park in front if you can find a space.

AAAGuns.gif

The only goods thing about the S&W shooting range is you can rent any model of there guns for a low fee. The range is also very nice and modern at least coming from where I useally shoot. The prices at their factory store are outrageous.

AAA has repeatedly made me feel unwelcome despite me spending 1,000+ there in a year ( hey, im a college kid). i went in there with the intention of spending 200+ $ on Magazines and parts on tax free weekend. and was told " its the wrong day to come around asking questions like that" so i went to Agawam Auto Sport where they quickly relived me of 180$ ( they didn't have the mags, but neither did AAA)

to be fair to AAA, Dave is fantastic, and knows his stuff, pleasant to deal with and if it was only him, would continue to get my business.

the other two guys... well if i see they are the only available associates. i leave.

AAA has very high prices, but very high selection.

if you must, check them out to find a pistol that fits you, then go buy it elsewhere.

+1 for AAA, Dave and his wife were very helpful and treated me great. I didn't get too much of a chance to look at prices but some seemed good and some seemed high. They have a good amount of ammo and a large selection of both long guns and handguns. AAA is definitely another place to add to the list.

I was just there to pick up my NES lowers. While waiting on the paperwork I noticed they had 20-round AR-15 mags for $19.95. Looked to be refinished (good job) and in very good shape. He also had some 30-rounders but I didn't need any of those.

My first trip to AAA was not so great - they seemed distant and not really engaging at all. That changed this trip, when I found everyone to be just friendly and nice to deal with. Prices seem to ebb and flow, but they don't seem beyond negotiating. They have a great deal on a used, but new looking Benelli Super Nova Tactical - $230.00! Ammo prices on the + side, but a great selection. A lot to drool over in the EBR department and I almost walked out with an SLR-101. I stayed strong....[grin]

My first semi auto purchase was at AAA. A Sig 229 that was a LE trade in with a 357 sig and 40 S&W bbl. They were great back then and I remember they had a huge selection of handguns. Haven't been back, but that is just a distance thing. If I lived closer I'm sure I'd be spending a lot of time there.

Once I explained to them what I was there for (at first they had NO idea what I was talking about and I got worried) it was great. I even picked up two bore snakes that I needed haha.

Called them tonight to ask how late they were open since I was driving from 60+ miles away. They told me they would be there until 7pm, I told them great, I'm on the way. I was in their parking lot at exactly 6:28pm, guess what? Nobody home, all locked up and lights off. No problem, It was only two and a half hours of my time and $20 some odd dollars for gas. Too bad I'll NEVER get to see what the INSIDE actually looks like. [sad2]

I just got back from AAA a few minutes ago, and I am definitely not likely to go back. The prices were outrageous, the service sucked, and no military discount. I went in there and the first thing I see is the guy working there, standing with his hands in his armpits looking like he doesn't care about selling a thing. After talking to him I determined that he wasn't serious about selling. The guns I was looking at were in great shape but not worth the prices he was asking. The combination of his demeanor and the prices were enough to prevent me from returning, or recommending anybody else to buy firearms from that establishment.

Keep in mind, I usually do business with Joe Cartabona at PDS in South Hadley, so going to AAA definitely made me realize why I only do business with Joe.

Back
Top Bottom