Active Shooter Situation in Lewiston Maine

So... Dude 20 years in army gets hearing aids... Dude hears crap. Dude then gets admitted/committed or ordered or whatever by his superiors to a hospital and spends two weeks there. And then dude kills a bunch of deaf connected people specifically? Then dude offs himself?

What the eff science fiction show is this coincidence out of? Darryl?
Another very unusual thing is the report that he never deployed once. That is extremely unusual to put it mildly.

There are lots of people who try to kill themselves by “shooting themselves in the head”, and just end up blowing their jaw off, or blinding themselves. They usually then end up living with those injuries. Maybe he decided to immediately try again?
I just interviewed a guy who shot one of his eyes out via failed attempt from chin.

I cannot believe the media is getting away with this. TWO gunshots to the head?? Did he self-inflict or are there really 2 gunshots wounds??
He was reportedly using a .308 rifle. If you shoot yourself in the head with a .308, it isn't going to stay in your head. So there will likely be an entry wound and an extra wound. I'd guess he just shot himself once in the head, but that got garbled either by the cops or the press.

He was reportedly using a .308 rifle. If you shoot yourself in the head with a .308, it isn't going to stay in your head. So there will likely be an entry wound and an extra wound. I'd guess he just shot himself once in the head, but that got garbled either by the cops or the press.
The rifle was found in his car. He supposedly had purchased a Beretta 92F at the same time, probably used that.

The whole “closure” thing is bullshit anyway. There is no closure when someone murders a loved one.

Yelling at him in a courtroom while he stares off into space? He doesn’t give a F what you have to say and it will only remind you of how much of a limp dick move it is.

Blowing his brains out may make you feel better a little, but even that doesn’t take away the hurt. It’s part of their life now until the day they die.

I think one of the things I'm getting at is this is basically it like this guy being dead is probably the best thing that can happen to the victim's families because they no longer have to think about the POS that did it anymore he's just dead and irrelevant I can't think of a better piece of closure frankly at least to move forward. Having the Dirtbag laying around in court and appearing on TV is just going to make the families of the victims relive the trauma over and over again rather than just allowing it to rest the guy being dead helps that process along frankly.

Relax. You're presuming to speak for them, too.

We're best off leaving the families out of this. They are broken and won't ever fully heal. They don't need anyone here speculating about how they're "supposed to find closure," or whatever.
It doesn't take much imagination to figure out that having this entire incident sprayed all over the media over and over again because the guy is still alive is far more traumatic than him just being dead and being able to try to heal from that without the MSM and other a**h***s interfering with the process I think that's kind of incontrovertible frankly.

One hole in the head or two, it doesn’t really matter. The guy is dead. If there were only one I think it only proves the guy knew what he was doing. If there were two, then someone will come forward to claim responsibility. We all know that the media cannot be trusted. The more fantastic the headline the more sales. They rush to report before all the facts (or fiction) are in, truth be damned. As a first responder in the private sector I have seen first hand on how the media portrays a situation. I have responded to a couple incidents that made all the Boston news reports and when I watched the reports later, I found myself screaming at the tv…” THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED”. We now have to listen to all the folks in the mainstream media tell everyone how bad guns are, and how bad good people are that own them. I just hope that all the love ones can find peace somehow, someday.

So just for bullet points - he drove to the Lisbon boat ramp, ditched his rifle and car, then, during a massive police operation, walked 1 mile to work, unnoticed, in the same clothes, shot himself in the head twice behind a dumpster, and they found him 2 days later, well inside the search area. Ok, got it.

I guess it makes me a bad person thinking of offering to buy my neighbor's guns?

Not sure the wife would sign off on that, and it'd be hell to pay if she ever found out.
No, to each their own. If it’s a legit collection it’s one thing. If it’s the exact gun he used, ehhh hard pass.

My friend killed himself and his fiancée asked us if we wanted anything. He had really crappy guns 10/22, rock island 1911, some 22 pistol and the 38 snub nose he killed himself with. Just kind of the bad juju I suppose not worth taking on.

So just for bullet points - he drove to the Lisbon boat ramp, ditched his rifle and car, then, during a massive police operation, walked 1 mile to work, unnoticed, in the same clothes, shot himself in the head twice behind a dumpster, and they found him 2 days later, well inside the search area. Ok, got it.
I wonder if the protocol is to assume the person is still alive and widen as far as need be. Then, if nothing comes up, do a thorough search of the surrounding area. Or, have many fewer resources searching the immediate area while the majority are looking farther away.

I wonder if the protocol is to assume the person is still alive and widen as far as need be. Then, if nothing comes up, do a thorough search of the surrounding area. Or, have many fewer resources searching the immediate area while the majority are looking farther away.
Look up Bayesian search, there is a method to the madness. It works better if they are not mobile, like hurt in the mountains or dead behind a dumpster near the boat ramp.

Back
Top Bottom