Ammunition Purchase

Can anyone provide any insight about purchasing handgun ammunition out-of-state? I live in "The People's Republic of Massachusetts" and have limited options for in-state ammunition purchases. Four Seasons is an hour away, and the dealers near me have little else except target and match ammo.

First, is there any restriction against buying ammunition online or through a catalog and having it shipped into Massachusetts?

Second, is it possible to go to a "normal" state like New Hampshire, purchase ammunition, and transport it back into Massachusetts?

Thanks for the help!

There is nothing wrong with going to NH and getting whatever ammo you
want and bringing it back. (some people have friends in NH order ammo
up all the time).

Also, some dealers ship here. If you find ones that do, DO NOT post their
details in the forum, or the mods will delete it to protect the dealer from the
AG's goon squad.

Regardless of whatever fluff the AG spews, there is nothing wrong with
an LTC holder recieving ammo in ma, regardless of where it
comes from.

-Mike

Please change your User CP to show ALL THREADS. Then do an Advanced Search for "out-of-state" by LenS in Gun Laws forum. You should find lots of info on what went on here.

No, it's perfectly legal for you to buy from anywhere. AG "thinks" otherwise and intimidates dealers to not ship any products to MA (not just ammo). That is the short answer.

So-it is not illegal to recieve ammunition shipped?

I was under the impression it was. Scriv wanna sound off on this?

And please-PM me those that do.

It's not illegal to receive ammo, the AG has just managed to bully most of the prominent dealers into not shipping to MA.

Back
Top Bottom