Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

I will admit that I need some practice with the DA/SA transition since I'm used to shooting my 1911....

You're not the only one that isn't waiting any more!

[wink]

Mine hasn't had any work done, as I plan to do it myself in stages. I wanted to compare it to my Target 2. Trigger out of the box is pretty nice. Not as crisp as my Target 2, and a little heavier on DA. SA is about the same, and the reset is very short, but there is a little creep. I've changed the main spring, the recoil spring and the firing pin and firing pin spring. Going back to shoot at some plates tonight. I have the race hammer and short reset disco to install down the road, at which time I'll polish the action. I'm on the fence with the CGW barrel bushing. Maybe at some point, I just don't see the need right now. I don't have a lot of slop in my stock bushing.

Last edited:
You're not the only one that isn't waiting any more!

[wink]

Mine hasn't had any work done, as I plan to do it myself in stages. I wanted to compare it to my Target 2. Trigger out of the box is pretty nice. Not as crisp as my Target 2, and a little heavier on DA. SA is about the same, and the reset is very short, but there is a little creep. I've changed the main spring, the recoil spring and the firing pin and firing pin spring. Going back to shoot at some plates tonight. I have the race hammer and short reset disco to install down the road, at which time I'll polish the action. I'm on the fence with the CGW barrel bushing. Maybe at some point, I just don't see the need right now. I don't have a lot of slop in my stock bushing.

Yeah youll definitely enjoy the gun even more after you install those parts. Congrats on getting yours!

I heard they come with a GM card, True?

[laugh] That'd be nice huh....

I certainly did not buy this thinking that I would somehow be a USPSA GM magically. I'm just a huge CZ fan[smile]

And recently finding out that I'm getting my $1,000 deductible back for a car accident last year, helped the decision....

Shoot that bad boy in open minor. Show those NASCAR shirt, fake sponsor having, bad eye sighted, skill buying comp blasters that there is a new sheriff in town.

[rofl] Sure why not? Nothing to lose lol. I might just do it for s**** and giggles.

She's a beauty but a word of warning to those with smaller hands - the 2 is larger in the grip than the original. I may have noticed it more because I run the thin grips on my Shadow Target but after shooting both I prefer the old dimensions. If your not handicapped with tiny hands like I am then it won't be an issue, still a phenomenal shooting gun

She's a beauty but a word of warning to those with smaller hands - the 2 is larger in the grip than the original. I may have noticed it more because I run the thin grips on my Shadow Target but after shooting both I prefer the old dimensions. If your not handicapped with tiny hands like I am then it won't be an issue, still a phenomenal shooting gun

Agreed. I have decent sized hands and this fits me very well. It could actually be slighter wider and I'd still be okay. I struggle with a 1911 to get a majority of my support hand on the frame since my strong hand fingers wrap around the entire frame just about - installing an arched MSH and hogue grips helped a little.

Agreed. I have decent sized hands and this fits me very well. It could actually be slighter wider and I'd still be okay. I struggle with a 1911 to get a majority of my support hand on the frame since my strong hand fingers wrap around the entire frame just about - installing an arched MSH and hogue grips helped a little.

Have you tried AL smooth grips from Alumagrip on the 1911. They are pretty thick. I have the same issue with needing wide grips

Been doing okay at tonight's steel plate match. Had a couple clean runs and a couple crappy runs lol. Just need to practice more. Didn't even have a chance to sight it in but it seems pretty close.

I might change out the grips for these palmswell bogie grips
http://benstoegerproshop.com/cz-75-sp01-shadow-palm-swell-bogies-g10-grips-by-lok-grips/

Need more room for my support hand. It's not bad but I feel like it could be better....
ddcf744503375bfd39e35ac6bebaec4f.png

Or might have to try the rubber grips that I have on my 75B.

Last edited:
Got some new LOK checkered palm swell grips to help make room for my support hand. Definitely better than the stock grips and are plenty aggressive - might give them a light sand or wait until I shoot it with the new grips...

Highly recommend LOK grips. The owner (Jayson) was very helpful and shipped fast.

ce0cf4b2d36fbf7af8dd1db21516c41f.png

Factory:
62207d135d0a620407ac6c3358d5a685.png

LOK:
ac361a4b7d00df253aeae12a78738791.png

CZ USA and CZ Custom just posted on their facebook page that the Shadow 2 is now production legal. Though it's still not on the list yet...Might take a little while for them to update the list...

CZ USA and CZ Custom just posted on their facebook page that the Shadow 2 is now production legal. Though it's still not on the list yet...Might take a little while for them to update the list...

Nevermind, CZ just responded:
"We've submitted the final paperwork and they should update the list within 24 hours. Thanks!"

That is a sexy, sexy gun. I'm guessing it shoots as good as it looks?

Haha thanks. Yeah it's pretty ridiculous how accurate it shoots especially with the LOK palm swell grips and lighter recoil spring - very soft shooting. The trigger is just so friggen nice. I only have about 600 rounds through it but it's been flawless.

When do we all get to try it out?[wink][smile] I'm jealous. How does it shoot?

More than welcome to try it out! I've had a couple NESers try it out and they had a huge grin on their face afterwards lol.

I really need to get it to a match. Debating if I should put the Dan Wesson PM9 aside and use the S2 for steel challenge at Harvard on Saturday....

More than welcome to try it out! I've had a couple NESers try it out and they had a huge grin on their face afterwards lol.

I really need to get it to a match. Debating if I should put the Dan Wesson PM9 aside and use the S2 for steel challenge at Harvard on Saturday....

I mean, if you're offering I'll bring ammo and beer....

Back
Top Bottom