• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

Any suggestions on which (springs and weights) to get to reduce the DA weight while keeping it from Light Strikes? Prob go with Cajun stuff.

If it's anything like the original Shadow, to get the lowest reliable weight, you'll need an extended firing pin, too. I have both but still haven't bothered to do this to my S2 yet....

-Mike

I have the 11.5# hammer spring in mine since I'm not using Federal primers. But it also has the extended firing pin, reduced power trigger return spring and a bunch of other parts so I don't know if the 11.5# hammer spring will be reliable without the extended firing pin and the reduced power firing pin spring. I think the 13# hammer spring would work for a otherwise stock S2?...not sure.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/hs-13-blue-13-hammer-spring/

I'd send an email to David at CGW to confirm: [email protected]

If it's anything like the original Shadow, to get the lowest reliable weight, you'll need an extended firing pin, too. I have both but still haven't bothered to do this to my S2 yet....

-Mike

This is the list i just made up. Thinking the 11.5# (might add the 8# also to try out.)

HS-12000 11.5# Hammer Spring $7.00
RP-FPS Reduced Power Firing Pin Spring $5.00
RP-TRS Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring $7.00
8 Trigger Return Spring $2.00

Not sure if this combo (11.5#) requires the extended firing pin?

This is the list i just made up. Thinking the 11.5# (might add the 8# also to try out.)

HS-12000 11.5# Hammer Spring $7.00
RP-FPS Reduced Power Firing Pin Spring $5.00
RP-TRS Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring $7.00
8 Trigger Return Spring $2.00

Not sure if this combo (11.5#) requires the extended firing pin?

I’m 99% sure you’ll need the extended firing pin with the 11.5# according to what David at CGW told me.

Don’t bother getting the 8.5# as I tried it and it wouldn’t reliably ignite CCI or Winchester primers even with all the upgrades in my S2.

You’ll need to use Federal primers in addition to all of the other upgrades to use the 8.5#.

Also if you’re going to replace the firing pin spring you might as well get the extended firing pin at that point.

Well, got it last night!!!! Whooo hooo!

According to the tracking, my holster and extra mags are being delivered today!

I did not yet try the mags in a 226Mag pouch.

So I suppose today its off to the Cajun site to spend more based on the above advice. Thanks all!

I’m 99% sure you’ll need the extended firing pin with the 11.5# according to what David at CGW told me.

I think this is exactly the same setup in my Shadow Custom Target (original, as modded by CZ-USA) and it's been 100% reliable. I wouldn't go any lighter than that, its pretty insane as it is. I think the DA ended up being like under 7 lbs in that gun, LMAO....

-Mike

isn't the shadow 2 a no-go for IDPA though?

Yeah that stinks it’s too heavy for IDPA. I’m hesitant to swap back and forth from my DW 1911 to a SA/DA Shadow 2 for USPSA. I’ve yet to bring the Shadow 2 to a match yet....

Really starting to think that I should jump on the Shadow 2 train. I am about 85% sure I want one.

I would have to sell off a few other firearms in order to fund it and maybe that is what is making up the 15%.

Last edited:
Really starting to think that I should jump on the Shadow 2 train. I am about 85% sure I want one, but that 15% needs to be cleared.

I would sell off a few other firearms in order to fund it. Maybe that is what the is making up the 15%.

If you have to do that, then you shouldn't buy it. (assuming you actually like those guns). If it's stuff thats collecting dust, let it rip... it'll be worth it.

-Mike

If you have to do that, then you shouldn't buy it. (assuming you actually like those guns). If it's stuff thats collecting dust, let it rip... it'll be worth it.

-Mike

Gen 4 34 and my Legion SA would be the ones to go. In my mind the Shadow 2 and Legion are perfect range guns, but I haven't shot my Legion in quite some time.

Really starting to think that I should jump on the Shadow 2 train. I am about 85% sure I want one.

I would have to sell off a few other firearms in order to fund it and maybe that is what is making up the 15%.

l LOVE mine. I'm now a CZ fan. Like drgrant said, if you have stuff you don't care about, sell them to fund one. I just got another CZ so, I decided to sell a few things to offset the cost.

Gen 4 34 and my Legion SA would be the ones to go. In my mind the Shadow 2 and Legion are perfect range guns, but I haven't shot my Legion in quite some time.

I have a Legion 226 SAO. I'm keeping it. But unless the 34 was for say IDPA (Shadow 2 is not legal), I'd sell that vs the Legion.

l LOVE mine. I'm now a CZ fan. Like drgrant said, if you have stuff you don't care about, sell them to fund one. I just got another CZ so, I decided to sell a few things to offset the cost.

I have a Legion 226 SAO. I'm keeping it. But unless the 34 was for say IDPA (Shadow 2 is not legal), I'd sell that vs the Legion.

That's an excellent point. If I was to do IDPA I would use my 17 instead of the 34. Kind of impulse bought the 34 and wouldn't miss it even though I just threw on a set of Trijicon sights on it. :mad:

I have both of those (just picked up a P226 Legion SAO, have had the G34 for years) and although I like my S1 and S2, if I didn't own them there's no way in hell I would dump either of those guns to get there. Then again I can see the logic and reason, eg, if you're using this competitively or just as a range toy an S2 can replace both of them easily.... and if the Legion is collecting dust, let it go... someone will grab that fast...

-Mike

One thing that is fun about the S2 is if you go to the range with a shitload of ammo.... the recoil is there, but it feels nonexistant compared to the other
two.... and whats funny as hell is the recoil doesnt fatigue you, but the fact that its like, 43 ounces might... LOL. It's not obnoxious but you notice it after
awhile... but that is a "good" thing because even with hot loads, this gun doesn't beat you up. With the powder puff barely above floor loads a lot of guys
run, it probably will induce laughter at low minimal the recoil is. Unless someone has serious arm strength problems, its also a great gun to put a noob on
too... because they can start hitting stuff right away without being beat up by the gun.

-Mike

That's an excellent point. If I was to do IDPA I would use my 17 instead of the 34. Kind of impulse bought the 34 and wouldn't miss it even though I just threw on a set of Trijicon sights on it. :mad:

I also shoot a G17 for IDPA. And I would not at this point get or use one (G34, as all my gear is for the 17). In fact I'm doing an IDPA tomorrow and tempted to bring my CZ SP-01 vs the 17 (or might bring my 19). BUT I have lightened the trigger on the SP-01 (a lot) and have not seen if its light strike proof yet.

The Shadow is my most accurate Gun. I did do a few tweaks to it (springs). But seriously, its a superb range gun and my go to for USPSA. I recently got a CZ Tactical Sport Orange, but I'm not selling the Shadow.

Despite it all, I do have a use for my Legion and I'm an SAO/1911 fan, so its worth keeping.

Saw the stainless version on CGW. Need this bad. How do I get one? All I have is this trigger in my spare parts bag. Do I send it into CGW + $$$, then they send me this stainless S2?

CGW_CZ_S2_Stainless.jpg

Saw the stainless version on CGW. Need this bad. How do I get one? All I have is this trigger in my spare parts bag. Do I send it into CGW + $$$, then they send me this stainless S2?

CGW_CZ_S2_Stainless.jpg

That’s not a factory finish. That particular shadow 2 was hard chromed by APW Cogan. Something I might consider if/when the nitride finish on mine starts to go....

One thing that is fun about the S2 is if you go to the range with a shitload of ammo.... the recoil is there, but it feels nonexistant compared to the other
two.... and whats funny as hell is the recoil doesnt fatigue you, but the fact that its like, 43 ounces might... LOL. It's not obnoxious but you notice it after
awhile... but that is a "good" thing because even with hot loads, this gun doesn't beat you up. With the powder puff barely above floor loads a lot of guys
run, it probably will induce laughter at low minimal the recoil is. Unless someone has serious arm strength problems, its also a great gun to put a noob on
too... because they can start hitting stuff right away without being beat up by the gun.

-Mike
Yup. You can pull off some really fast splits with barely any muzzle rise. Friggen love this gun.

In fact I'm doing an IDPA tomorrow and tempted to bring my CZ SP-01 vs the 17 (or might bring my 19). BUT I have lightened the trigger on the SP-01 (a lot) and have not seen if its light strike proof yet.
Pembroke tomorrow? I was on the waitlist and assumed I didn’t get in until I checked the squad list a few min ago. Managed to get in without being notified! Glad I checked.

Pembroke tomorrow? I was on the waitlist and assumed I didn’t get in until I checked the squad list a few min ago. Managed to get in without being notified! Glad I checked.

Just saw this! Yup, OCSA.

I was there on Squad 4, Glock shirt, black jacket. Went with the Glock, shot the SP-01 after and has no issues.

Just saw this! Yup, OCSA.

I was there on Squad 4, Glock shirt, black jacket. Went with the Glock, shot the SP-01 after and has no issues.
Nice! I was on squad 1. Only my second OCSA match I've attended and they seem to put on a great match. Plenty of movement especially with stage 5.

Back
Top Bottom