Anyone know a store outside MA with a Scar 17 for 2700$?

Is it that easy to find an FFL who will hand over an un-massified SCAR to the buyer? That seems like the bigger issue.

Really random, but is the Sig Swat Patrol 556 rifle considered an AW in MA? I ask because someone I know bought one of those right at Sig along with a bunch of 30 rd Pmags and brought it back to MA....If it is, then Sig had no issues handing over an unmassified rifle to a MA resident...

Is it that easy to find an FFL who will hand over an un-massified SCAR to the buyer? That seems like the bigger issue.

Yeah, that is the problem, even if I wanted to take a SCAR and keep it out of state, because of the latent faggotry in federal gun laws WRT purchase, I'd essentially have to buy a neutered one, then get it transferred, and then pay AGAIN to un**** the gun, despite the fact that an MA resident storing such a gun in a free state is completely legal. [rolleyes]. You might be able to put a VLTOR RE-SCAR and a magpul fixed stock on it to get around the "pinning the stock" BS, but thats another $200 on top of the cost of the gun... then they'd still have to **** the muzzle device.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Really random, but is the Sig Swat Patrol 556 rifle considered an AW in MA? I ask because someone I know bought one of those right at Sig along with a bunch of 30 rd Pmags and brought it back to MA....If it is, then Sig had no issues handing over an unmassified rifle to a MA resident...

Either they ****ed up or the guy has LE creds or something and they think he is exempt. Granted some remotes don't know about that federal law but it's exceptionally rare. Hell friend of mine had an NH dealer refuse to sell him a neutered WASR-10 that was obviously a ban compliant gun (had the barrel nut welded on, etc) because he was leery and the ATF guy on the phone gave him wrong information.

-Mike

Last edited:
ive given up looking for this rifle for now . no one has any because obama and his plans i figure.. prices are getting absurd on gunbroker. i will wait for the dust to settle unless someone comes along with it for the given price or less

ive given up looking for this rifle for now . no one has any because obama and his plans i figure.. prices are getting absurd on gunbroker. i will wait for the dust to settle unless someone comes along with it for the given price or less

I found a bunch on gunbroker but only one of them was under 3 grand.

-Mike

Yeh ive bid on 3 that started at 2600, and they have all gone past 2700, or the dealer had the reserve up past 2700.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone who is an NRA instructor. Fnh has a promo for a scar 17 at 2500.. wonder how long / complicated that is

It really depends on the configuration of the rifle, it could have been legal, as for the 30rd mags, there's no law against selling them to a m4sshole as the restriction is on possession, not transfer.

It's possible there's a compliant version out now, and I don't think selling him the mags is illegal since they aren't firearms. Surprising though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh ive bid on 3 that started at 2600, and they have all gone past 2700, or the dealer had the reserve up past 2700.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone who is an NRA instructor. Fnh has a promo for a scar 17 at 2500.. wonder how long / complicated that is

Have you tried Riley's? They have a gunsmith next door if that is an issue for them selling it to you.

It's possible there's a compliant version out now, and I don't think selling him the mags is illegal since they aren't firearms. Surprising though.

Gotcha. Ya I realize the Pmags are on him if he gets caught with them. I just threw in that info about the Pmags but my main question was regarding the rifle.

Gotcha. Ya I realize the Pmags are on him if he gets caught with them. I just threw in that info about the Pmags but my main question was regarding the rifle.

It's surprising Sig would sell him the mags though. You'd think they'd not want to be involved in a potential felony. And I'm not aware of a compliant 556 unless it's brand new.

It's surprising Sig would sell him the mags though. You'd think they'd not want to be involved in a potential felony. And I'm not aware of a compliant 556 unless it's brand new.

Yeah I'm surprised myself. He's not in LE. He was in the Air Force which of course doesn't mean crap when it comes to buying nonmassified rifles or postban mags.

It really depends on the configuration of the rifle, it could have been legal, as for the 30rd mags, there's no law against selling them to a m4sshole as the restriction is on possession, not transfer.

Anything can be made Mass compliant. ANYTHING If $100 for a compliance conversion is too much for you, you are in the wrong hobby. Ha.

I would always buy a converted non-compliant version over a factory compliant version if the factory compliant version had a plain muzzle simply so that I could change out muzzle devices if I ever wanted to. Who knows, they may legalize silencers some day and with a plain muzzle you are screwed. Or you could move out of state. In which case its a 10 minute process to get the old brake off. This all goes out the window if we're talking about a competitive target gun. Then, a nice target crown is preferable.

One nice thing about the SCAR is that it already comes with a $120 Primary Weapons brake, and it doesn't have a bayonet lug. So conversion consists of only the labor to pin the stock (two ways, telescope and fold) and pin the existing brake in place.

One nice thing about the Tavor is that while you have to buy a brake, there is no stock to pin and on the 16.5" version there is no bayonet lug.

For some reason IWI US puts a bayonet lug on the 18" version of the Tavor, which is about the dumbest thing you could ever imagine.

image-1024x764.jpg

Anything can be made Mass compliant. ANYTHING If $100 for a compliance conversion is too much for you, you are in the wrong hobby. Ha.

I would always buy a converted non-compliant version over a factory compliant version if the factory compliant version had a plain muzzle simply so that I could change out muzzle devices if I ever wanted to. Who knows, they may legalize silencers some day and with a plain muzzle you are screwed. Or you could move out of state. In which case its a 10 minute process to get the old brake off. This all goes out the window if we're talking about a competitive target gun. Then, a nice target crown is preferable.

One nice thing about the SCAR is that it already comes with a $120 Primary Weapons brake, and it doesn't have a bayonet lug. So conversion consists of only the labor to pin the stock (two ways, telescope and fold) and pin the existing brake in place.

One nice thing about the Tavor is that while you have to buy a brake, there is no stock to pin and on the 16.5" version there is no bayonet lug.

For some reason IWI US puts a bayonet lug on the 18" version of the Tavor, which is about the dumbest thing you could ever imagine.

We were discussing how hard it is to get a store to sell you a rifle without making it compliant first. We probably shouldn't discuss this further, you never know who's reading.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind pinning a PWS brake to a SCAR, but hacking into that stock would suck - either leave that as is, or get an aftermarket stock adapter, which sounds like a good option even in a free state.

We were discussing how hard it is to get a store to sell you a rifle without making it compliant first. We probably shouldn't discuss this further, you never know who's reading.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind pinning a PWS brake to a SCAR, but hacking into that stock would suck - either leave that as is, or get an aftermarket stock adapter, which sounds like a good option even in a free state.

Have it shipped to a store in NH. Have them make it legal, then do the Xfer and bring it into MA.

A Scar stock can be pinned completely from the inside. Nothing is visible.

I used to have Don from 1776 do AWB compliance work for me. He would do a beautiful job on the stock and the brake for stupid short money. He even buffed down the weld so it was perfectly flush, then Cerakoted the bake so you could not tell anything was done. if I told you how cheap, you wouldn't believe me.

I will call them.

As much as the scar 16 is great,

I dont see why to go into a platform for 5.56 that an AR has got covered really well. ive got my AK for cheap shooting. I wanted something more.

The nice thing about the 308 version is its balance of accuracy, weight, recoil for a 308. Though i do love the m1a, the Fal as well. And i could probably own both for the price of the scar :)

I will call them.

As much as the scar 16 is great,

I dont see why to go into a platform for 5.56 that an AR has got covered really well. ive got my AK for cheap shooting. I wanted something more.

The nice thing about the 308 version is its balance of accuracy, weight, recoil for a 308. Though i do love the m1a, the Fal as well. And i could probably own both for the price of the scar :)
or you could build a new AR with the franklin trigger

I understand Pinning a SCAR stock is blasphemy, but im not gonna let Mass keep me from owning one. "Hacking" is a strong word, if done right, it will be clean and unnoticeable. I would not let anyone Massify my SCAR without a quick consult before the "hacking" occurs.

I understand Pinning a SCAR stock is blasphemy, but im not gonna let Mass keep me from owning one. "Hacking" is a strong word, if done right, it will be clean and unnoticeable. I would not let anyone Massify my SCAR without a quick consult before the "hacking" occurs.

If the stock doesn't work anymore and it has a button to make it work (that actually does nothing) its "hacked. "

-Mike

or you could build a new AR with the franklin trigger

Yes i really do want an AR with that trigger... but i would want to wait to make sure the ATF didnt outlaw it , because that would be a waste of time for me to jump into the AR15 just for a trigger...

Regardless of where i buy it.. i want to make sure that i can remove these simple massifications to the stock for when i move out of this state.

Maybe something like allen screws ..

Yes i really do want an AR with that trigger... but i would want to wait to make sure the ATF didnt outlaw it , because that would be a waste of time for me to jump into the AR15 just for a trigger...

dammit I wanted you to build it so I could shoot it...there goes my plan

I disagree, it can be "unhacked" if done properly.

If you have a gun with a stock on it with a lever/button that's supposed to work, and it doesn't, it's ****ed up, it's a piece of shit, and it's inherently wrong. It's foisting a lie. I hate that shit. Like those fake collapsible.... drive me
batshit.

-Mike

If the stock doesn't work anymore and it has a button to make it work (that actually does nothing) its "hacked. "

-Mike

My BCM stock was a 1-way pinning, but it was a $15 stock. I'd want the SCAR pin job to be completely reversible. Like a CTR, where you just take the pin out, or something.

Back
Top Bottom