Anyone know a store outside MA with a Scar 17 for 2700$?

My BCM stock was a 1-way pinning, but it was a $15 stock. I'd want the SCAR pin job to be completely reversible. Like a CTR, where you just take the pin out, or something.

That can easily be done, to me that's properly modified.

If the stock doesn't work anymore and it has a button to make it work (that actually does nothing) its "hacked. "

-Mike

I call it modified, "hacked" is if it has been modified improperly.

If you have a gun with a stock on it with a lever/button that's supposed to work, and it doesn't, it's ****ed up, it's a piece of shit, and it's inherently wrong. It's foisting a lie. I hate that shit. Like those fake collapsible.... drive me
batshit.

-Mike

Fake collapsible are stupid. Its pretty funny when I see an AR with a fake collapsible. Just put a rifle stock on it. Vltor and Magpul both make nice ones.

But pinning the SCAR stock is different. Its the correct stock, and its not like there is a proper fixed stock available for it. Besides, done properly you can't see the pins and is reversible.

Its also kind of . . ridiculous to not purchase a firearm you like because you will have to pin its stock. If you like the SCAR, do what you need to do to own it. Legally or illegally, its up to you. But get yourself the gun. If that means pinning the stock and brake, so be it.

Don

im an AK person, and i tried hard to like the AR platform, its ok, but i don't like all the small parts , i like 3 guns in 308 the FAL, the M1A , and the third being the scar . all have side charging handles. but i wanted something that was going to be accurate and easy to throw optics on so M1A , and FAL were out unless i bought the dsa arms FAL, , i know the ar is great for optics but the scar has the style of controls i like.. and it is light, so i wanted it :)

There is a an FDE SCAR 17 at Collectible firearms in Merrimack NH $2899, not bad considering the market price right now.

Won a GB auction for 2700 plus 35 dollars for shipping .. so i definitely made out .. mfs is going to charge 110 in total for gunsmithing, shipping to and from, and transfer fee so i will do them and just tell them how i want to gunsmith to pin the stock

Won a GB auction for 2700 plus 35 dollars for shipping .. so i definitely made out .. mfs is going to charge 110 in total for gunsmithing, shipping to and from, and transfer fee so i will do them and just tell them how i want to gunsmith to pin the stock
thats a very fair price that MFS is charging

No but a BR&P member has a Scar 16S posted for $2200 in the clubhouse. Claims it is NIB.

Its gonna take forever lol.. payment should arrive at the dealer by tuesday, then maybe the rifle will get here in two weeks, and then another 2 weeks for massification . Should get it by march lol

Its gonna take forever lol.. payment should arrive at the dealer by tuesday, then maybe the rifle will get here in two weeks, and then another 2 weeks for massification . Should get it by march lol

That's a long turn around time for a massification, that's a 2hr job.

I could easily have the gun mass compliant in a few hours , but there was no store that would let me physically take possession of the rifle.. they all either wouldnt deal with ma residents , or wanted an ffl.. thus since mfs has been good to me in the past i would go with them. I just want to chat with their gunsmith on how to make the stock compliant

I could easily have the gun mass compliant in a few hours , but there was no store that would let me physically take possession of the rifle.. they all either wouldnt deal with ma residents , or wanted an ffl.. thus since mfs has been good to me in the past i would go with them. I just want to chat with their gunsmith on how to make the stock compliant

Can't GB ship it directly to an FFL who will do the compliance work? Did you ask NE Arms? they do top notch work, and will do it while you wait, so you can discuss how it's done while you wait.

I want very specific compliance work to the stock. So i dont know.. regardless, i already had mfs send the seller their ffl info.. so there is no going back now

I got the notice it is shipping from montana, so it will arrive on monday, and then its got all the compliance work its gotta do.

Sgeary, you can always shoot it , just supply the ammo and a place to shoot it..

I got the notice it is shipping from montana, so it will arrive on monday, and then its got all the compliance work its gotta do.

Sgeary, you can always shoot it , just supply the ammo and a place to shoot it..

Ill absolutely take you up on that offer and throw you some ammo! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom