Anyone know a store outside MA with a Scar 17 for 2700$?

i looked around at alot of 308 platforms, and thought i had a winner with the sig 716 dmr, it shot 1/2 moa groups, with match ammo.. but it was 12lbs without optics, and no ammo.. i was naive about weight and i dreaded the idea of lugging it around during a hike or somehing. i loved it but wanted something i could carry around if needed. this is where the scar comes in.. yes i like the FAL, and M1A too but, i liked the idea of a lightweight, 8lb rifle with less recoil than an m1a, and FAL, and can shoot around 1 moa.. the benefits i gained with the scar outweigh the loss in precision from the sig 716,

The LMT is 9.3 lbs. think they're around $3000. I'd want one if i were in a free state and could use 20 round PMAGs.

.308_fde.jpg

Lots of people say there aren't' enough benefits to choose the Scar 16 over an AR in 5.56. $2500 is quite pricey for a 5.56 rifle, i guess the only thing you could argue would be the reliability and operational benefits over the AR.

I would have been thrilled to have only paid $2500 for my Israeli Galil in .223!! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom