Anyone know a store outside MA with a Scar 17 for 2700$?

been looking all over NH for a Scar 17 , and most have them marked up to 3K , like most Mass stores , but i would rather buy it in NH, save on the tax, and use that to pay for shipping, compliance work, and transfer fee .

versus buying it in MA, paying the 170 dollars in tax on a MA priced $2999 plus $190 in tax

Find an 07 FFL that has one and say you'll buy it today with cash for xxxx.xx amount and they do the work on it. Theres almost always room to haggle and it costs them nothing to make it compliant.

ive called a ton of shops in RI, they are out , ive called all the regulars in NH and they are out. and they are all saying their distributors are out of stock as well.

If you buy in NH, don't they legally have to do the compliance work before they hand it over?

i would ask NE Arms how much they'll sell it for. I bet they'll take care of you.

Can you wait til tax free weekend? :)

nice spot... asked seller and the reserve is 2500, so i will bid on that .. a used scar with 300 rounds, and the trigger and rail extension on it is a pretty nice deal if i can get it at that price , then just pay 100 for massification

- - - Updated - - -

If you buy in NH, don't they legally have to do the compliance work before they hand it over?

i would ask NE Arms how much they'll sell it for. I bet they'll take care of you.

even with tax free weekend.. there are none that have it even listed for 2700.. everyone is trying to gouge for pre obama panic at 2999$

Find an 07 FFL that has one and say you'll buy it today with cash for xxxx.xx amount and they do the work on it. Theres almost always room to haggle and it costs them nothing to make it compliant.

Nothing to make it mass legal? A gunsmiths labor rate is 60+ an hour, any parts like a muzzle device, and the drill press and welder to pin it all cost money.

If they give that away there goes the profit on that firearm and there's no reason for them to sell it to you.

When's the tax free weekend? August?

Nothing to make it mass legal? A gunsmiths labor rate is 60+ an hour, any parts like a muzzle device, and the drill press and welder to pin it all cost money.

If they give that away there goes the profit on that firearm and there's no reason for them to sell it to you.

Pretty sure Northeast Arms will do it for free if you buy a rifle. You just have to pay if you want a certain muzzle device (they had a few free ones).

- - - Updated - - -

When's the tax free weekend? August?

yeah, usually every August.

Bad girl loves black or grey guns ... lol

The puke colored fde doesnt do it for me lol

Yes i am a bad person for allowing MA to ruin this gun

bad guy OP. buys SCAR, neuters for MA compliance.

Problem is even if you don't give a shit about the stupid AWB, there is no easy way around this crap unless you have dual residency or something. A remote won't let an MA peon buy an unneutered gun, if they're obeying federal law.

Sucks because as an MA resident you can't even buy one and keep it out of state unmolested, at least not
easily.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom