Anyone know a store outside MA with a Scar 17 for 2700$?

uggh waiting is the hardest part.. ive got ideas on how to pin the stock ,

read about just taking the collapsible button, and drillin a small hole for an allen head screw, you bond-o , or melt a matching hex nut into the collapsible button underside to interact with the allen screw, throw a penny at the bottom for the screw to push on, you would then put it back together, then screw in the long allen head screw, which presses up against the button making it unable to be depressed.

looking at the extendable portion, i figure a basic long metal pin that runs through the button side to side works easy enough?

uggh waiting is the hardest part.. ive got ideas on how to pin the stock ,

read about just taking the collapsible button, and drillin a small hole for an allen head screw, you bond-o , or melt a matching hex nut into the collapsible button underside to interact with the allen screw, throw a penny at the bottom for the screw to push on, you would then put it back together, then screw in the long allen head screw, which presses up against the button making it unable to be depressed.

looking at the extendable portion, i figure a basic long metal pin that runs through the button side to side works easy enough?

I am sorry but bond-o and a penny???? I thought you were particular about how this gets done but this sounds like some cobbled together setup.

you laugh but seriously .. after looking at some pictures online it seems to look pretty good. the penny just sits there..

LCTScarPinGroup.jpg

There's has to be a spring in there to remove that will disable the adjustable-ness.

or the penny trick works!

it is rare .. but this is one of those cases.....thank god for california have it worse that us to have people create these products to save the day for me ..

thank you sgeary.. bought that just now :) now all i have to deal with is muzzle pinning , and the extendable stock button.. hmm how to do that one

Someone said throwing a cylindrical peice of cut pin that is the diameter wide enough, and long enough to stay lodged between the back of the button which has an square recess in the back due to molding, and the side of the stock wall opposite the button, and it just rests there, no pinning needed.

I am sorry but bond-o and a penny???? I thought you were particular about how this gets done but this sounds like some cobbled together setup.

She is serious about whoring out the fact she has a SCAR, but that's where it ends. She will sell it eventually when history of financial problems repeats itself.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's plenty of gunsmiths in the area. Congratulations on the SCAR and don't listen to the haters.

True story, amazing how much unjustified hate the Scar receives. God forbid anyone produces a firearm that is good enough to replace all the old battle rifles, people need to let go of nostalgia.

True story, amazing how much unjustified hate the Scar receives. God forbid anyone produces a firearm that is good enough to replace all the old battle rifles, people need to let go of nostalgia.

I don't think the SCAR receives that much hate, the few that whine about it, are mostly a bunch of people bitter because they can't afford one.

-Mike

Questions you shout ideally have answers for before making a purchase.

Not really. Its stupid easy to do. The challenge is to make it unnoticeable and reversible. But there is absolutely no doubt it is doable.

Too bad Don from 1776 is no longer around. He did a couple for me and it was absolutely impossible to see any modifications. and he did it all with standard pins. No $25 pieces of aluminum.

Damn, all this whining is making me want one.
Can't decide if I want the 16 or 17...
Going to have to shoot Queen Bee's before I decide.

-Cuz

Not really. Its stupid easy to do. The challenge is to make it unnoticeable and reversible. But there is absolutely no doubt it is doable.

Too bad Don from 1776 is no longer around. He did a couple for me and it was absolutely impossible to see any modifications. and he did it all with standard pins. No $25 pieces of aluminum.

I didn't say it was hard or not reversible. I commented that she should have all her ducks in a row and know what's going to happen beforehand. Two different things.

i looked around at alot of 308 platforms, and thought i had a winner with the sig 716 dmr, it shot 1/2 moa groups, with match ammo.. but it was 12lbs without optics, and no ammo.. i was naive about weight and i dreaded the idea of lugging it around during a hike or somehing. i loved it but wanted something i could carry around if needed. this is where the scar comes in.. yes i like the FAL, and M1A too but, i liked the idea of a lightweight, 8lb rifle with less recoil than an m1a, and FAL, and can shoot around 1 moa.. the benefits i gained with the scar outweigh the loss in precision from the sig 716,

i looked around at alot of 308 platforms, and thought i had a winner with the sig 716 dmr, it shot 1/2 moa groups, with match ammo.. but it was 12lbs without optics, and no ammo.. i was naive about weight and i dreaded the idea of lugging it around during a hike or somehing. i loved it but wanted something i could carry around if needed. this is where the scar comes in.. yes i like the FAL, and M1A too but, i liked the idea of a lightweight, 8lb rifle with less recoil than an m1a, and FAL, and can shoot around 1 moa.. the benefits i gained with the scar outweigh the loss in precision from the sig 716,

Makes perfect sense. The only way to get a lighter factory built .308 really is to go with a bolt gun.

I have a 5 lb A-Bolt micro that weighs 6.5 lbs with scope and no muzzle brake. Its no fun to shoot. The scar is a nice compromise.

Don

p.s. Although I didn't make it to SHOT this year and I heard that DPMS came out with a very light version of their Gen2 guns.

Damn, all this whining is making me want one.
Can't decide if I want the 16 or 17...
Going to have to shoot Queen Bee's before I decide.

Lots of people say there aren't' enough benefits to choose the Scar 16 over an AR in 5.56. $2500 is quite pricey for a 5.56 rifle, i guess the only thing you could argue would be the reliability and operational benefits over the AR. The Scar 17 is considered the Scar of choice because of how well it handles the 308 round.

This. I never hear shit about the SCAR. That being said, for that kind of cash I'd rather buy other things.
I've seen plenty of hate on other forums, mostly old school military fudds that are stuck on their beloved M1A because thats what they are use to. They have a very closed minds and can't fathom a rifle being any better than what they use to use, i suspect they are afraid of change and are just afraid to abandon the history. But yes, price has alot to do with the hate for some people.

This exactly. To many benefits to the Scar 17 to ignore, it has an excellent combination of benefits, especially the recoil to weight ratio, not to mention awesome accuracy for a battle rifle. I just can't think of another 308 rifle that can beat it or seems more logical to buy.

Makes perfect sense. The only way to get a lighter factory built .308 really is to go with a bolt gun.

I have a 5 lb A-Bolt micro that weighs 6.5 lbs with scope and no muzzle brake. Its no fun to shoot. The scar is a nice compromise.

Don

p.s. Although I didn't make it to SHOT this year and I heard that DPMS came out with a very light version of their Gen2 guns.

There's this, 5.5 lb. Edit: Damn, with that price I figured it was .308, lol.

http://2a-arms.com/collections/rifles/products/2a-armament-blr-carbon-rifle?variant=11126419206

IMG_5373mod_grande.JPG

Back
Top Bottom