Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

I just snagged another 2k CCI SPP....I really need to stop LOL. But I know people need them so why not grab em?
If you're the man, be the man. Even if this is the beginning of the end, it will take some time for it to really matter.

If I could have tacked on 1K LPPs, they'd have had me for a second order because then I would finally have a primer for every bullet I have in stock. Of course I would have had more primers than bullets a long time ago if I had just stopped buying bullets. :)

I have a halfway decent supply of LPM's that I use in 44 mag and 10mm. I use my 40/10mm dies mostly for 10mm but eventually I'd like to brew up some more 40. Also need to get started on reloading 45's- the one thing I have yet to reload besides 9mm. For 9mm I just buy the cheapest brass case ammo I can find and plink away.

Absolutely no rush for the LPP's and hopefully before too long I can pick some up locally for a better deal than online + hazmat + shipping.

I can wait until end of year for LRP's but if I can't find any for reasonable cost I'll have to pony up for whatever is the going rate to get back to two years ahead supply. Nice to see at least some primers popping up for sale, though not the ones I would need.

I have a halfway decent supply of LPM's that I use in 44 mag and 10mm. I use my 40/10mm dies mostly for 10mm but eventually I'd like to brew up some more 40. Also need to get started on reloading 45's.

You'll need one of these and one of those.
Great for stout loads that won't chamber in a bottom feed.

Say what? Hell yeah. 2500 more all set to go. (yeah - it's nutso, but I do lube, and clean them twice). :D

Abracadabra - clean, inspect, lube, re-size, de-cap, final clean - presto. The AP LNL will seriously gobble these up.

View attachment 497377
I also reload thousands and thousands of 9mm

You'll need one of these and one of those.
Great for stout loads that won't chamber in a bottom feed.

Love those revolvers, but I owe Mrs. Mountain a GP100 .357, so that comes first.

Also I have a KKM 10mm barrel and heavier Wolff spring for the G20 to run stout loads. It eats the bonafide 'original' loads just fine in stock form, but they also run well in the KKM + Wolff setup. Will get around to making Buffalo Bore etc. clones this fall.

Say what? Hell yeah. 2500 more all set to go. (yeah - it's nutso, but I do lube, and clean them twice). :D

Abracadabra - clean, inspect, lube, re-size, de-cap, final clean - presto. The AP LNL will seriously gobble these up.

View attachment 497377

I also reload thousands and thousands of 9mm

I have a good time kidding around about 9mm. If I were into pistol competitions rather than rifle, I'd be cranking out 1000's of 9mm rounds on a progressive press. I have nearly a 5 gal bucket of 9mm brass, so eventually I'll load it.

I have a good time kidding around about 9mm.
I made the mistake of owning 30 7-shot 9mm moon clips for the 986. I've got an auto - but it's just not as fun.

Even with a revolver you can burn up 9 like nothing - especially with getting into a groove when knocking over plates. :cool:

I made the mistake of owning 30 7-shot 9mm moon clips for the 986. I've got an auto - but it's just not as fun.

Even with a revolver you can burn up 9 like nothing - especially with getting into a groove when knocking over plates. :cool:
Range improvements at my club may finally allow for safe shooting of plates- at least club plates. I'd be all over a dueling tree or some similar form of fun.

With the availability of primers being what it is, My PCC ‘s and matching caliber semi .45 ACP and 9MM, I can swap back and forth between loading small or large pistol primers depending on what’s more readily available.
Well, this batch of 9mm will wipe me out on SPPs. After that, I need to stick with 44mag until things loosen up.

Sorry....my OCD (CDO really) is raging this morning pre caffiene

Shouldnt the labels be in order from top to bottom as per below?

9MM
CLEANED
DEPRIMED
CLEANED (again....Cuz I'm CDO)
SIZED

[rofl]
OCD can go either way ya know.........:D:D

Well, maybe for some. Since I'm using the de-cap/re-size combo die in, I lube (lightly) after the first clean to get easy re-size action, then re-clean to remove the lube. Maybe overkill but it's been working pretty well.

Those with the sheep will be pleased- just some observations

Hmmm.. that came out like a peek into the future. After all now when the alternative lifestyles are accepted, the folks with the sheep will be next. It will take time, but for reference check Overton Window

... but lets get back on the subject. The sheep is alright in my book.

Last edited:
:)

I have to admit to actually doing a third cleaning/tumbling.....

First is on dirty brass
Second is after decap (I use hand decap tool)
Third is after sizing to get rid of lube

Its a pain in the arse but shit just works....I never have stuck cases and stuff is just clean......but all the time spent poking out primer pockets is maddening.....
I almost never bother with cleaning out primer pockets. Maybe for 600 yard and beyond loads.

I have (2) orders of 2K SPMP, (small pistol magnum primers), that I've gotten the initial email on - waiting for confirming email.
Looks like 189.40 per order, which includes delivery and hazmat. Orders were restricted to 2K max, that's why two separate orders.

So, net 94.70 per K. Which is expensive, but not highway robbery.

I almost never bother with cleaning out primer pockets. Maybe for 600 yard and beyond loads.
I clean the primer pockets on rifle brass but not pistol brass.
I don't tumble after decapping because getting rice grains and other media out of the pockets is infuriating and my current method has worked so far for me.

Those with the sheep will be pleased- just some observations

Hmmm.. that came out like a peek into the future. After all now when the alternative lifestyles are accepted, the folks with the sheep will be next. It will take time, but for reference check Overton Window

... but lets get back on the subject. The sheep is alright in my book.
1625065218027.png

I have (2) orders of 2K SPMP, (small pistol magnum primers), that I've gotten the initial email on - waiting for confirming email.
Looks like 189.40 per order, which includes delivery and hazmat. Orders were restricted to 2K max, that's why two separate orders.

So, net 94.70 per K. Which is expensive, but not highway robbery.
You have to make sure to use code RSA to knock off $10.
2 of my 4 orders have already shipped and will be arriving on friday. The other 4k primers are still processing but should ship today I'd imagine.

I'm amazed the magnum SPP are still in stock. I know the price and limits aren't great but still.

OCD can go either way ya know.........:D:D

Well, maybe for some. Since I'm using the de-cap/re-size combo die in, I lube (lightly) after the first clean to get easy re-size action, then re-clean to remove the lube. Maybe overkill but it's been working pretty well.

I'll tell you what I do, but you won't like it. I mainly use my Hornady Custom dies because I like the seater and flaring dies much better, but I still use the Lee carbide resizing/decapping die from the first set of 9mm dies I bought on my single-stage to deprime and resize them dirty. No lube. No nothing. Just shake off the dirt and dump out the 22 LR casing (if present). Then I wet tumble, generally with the SS pins. Actually, I use old dies to resize 38SP, 357M, 44M, 45C, and 45ACP before wet tumbling, though in those cases I just bought a new set of Hornady's and tasked the old set for that. Collected my free bullets from Hornady in the process. Not expensive. Very time efficient for a single-stage reloader.

Back
Top Bottom