Anywhere I can get +P 9mm JHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is the reference you are looking for

http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/1439199191

You do realize that it is 12+ inches of penetration AFTER defeating obstacles, oh.... like windshield glass, automobile doors, refrigerators etc? Civies don't require that kind of penetration and you should know that. You got sold a bunch of crap, just like the rest of us.
I don't see any links to support your statements position though. You keep telling me to "read up on ballistics" but you aren't posting any links to back up your assumptions.
I wait a little longer to see if you can impress me with facts though (tick tock).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

By the way, unless you live under a rock, you will notice that there are quite a large number of people who carry .380's as their only gun. With rounds like critical defense, Golen Saber 102grn and a few others, the ole .380 is making quite the comeback!
I have read Dr. Roberts article. It is a reference guide for LEO's, not for civilian defensive needs.
I'll stick with Mas's recommended loads (115 +p's) for now and let you play cop with your slower, heavy bullets.

Please list the magical powers that differentiate cops from civilians, and explain why one needs to have a different ammo parameters than the other. Then join big boy land, move out of your parent's basement and work on your social and English skills.

You do realize that it is 12+ inches of penetration AFTER defeating obstacles, oh.... like windshield glass, automobile doors, refrigerators etc? Civies don't require that kind of penetration and you should know that. You got sold a bunch of crap, just like the rest of us.
I don't see any links to support your statements position though. You keep telling me to "read up on ballistics" but you aren't posting any links to back up your assumptions.
I wait a little longer to see if you can impress me with facts though (tick tock).

Really? PleasE enlighten me as to why I would never need that. Are you saying people who are not cops have never encountered criminals who use cover or shoot from cars? Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with common occurrences here in the real world, like drive by shootings and car jackings.

Most of the guys in there like DocGKR and others have forgotten more than most of us will ever know about wound ballistics from small arms.

Speak for yourself there. I am far more competent than you could imagine.

If consistent under-penetration was a good thing then everyone would be carrying a .380 or a .38 SPL with really light bullets, because "that would be enough. " It clearly isn't.

Ah, but it is! The same "magical" ballistics have also improved the
"lowly .380" as well.

FWIW NYPD has at least had a couple of cops wounded by shoot-throughs in the past 20 years, so don't sit there and try to tell us it doesn't happen with 9mm. It certainly can and does.

That's it?! "A couple of Cops" is the basis for your claim?! WOW, you need to do better than that!
I'll even bet money that there was no "shoot through". It was a MISS by the Cops who got caught in their own cross fire. THAT has happened more than a couple of times.

I'm done here, I shouldn't have ever posted in this thread.

You got that right. If you present your stories as facts, you need to be able to back them up, which you have chosen not to do. As such it becomes speculation only... Sad.

Last edited:
Read the 2007 report and STFU. There were multiple JHP injuries to police and bystanders that went through the target, but you wouldn't know that because you're too stupid and lazy to do the research. We don't need to waste our time googling for you.

Read the 2007 report and STFU. There were multiple JHP injuries to police and bystanders that went through the target, but you wouldn't know that because you're too stupid and lazy to do the research. We don't need to waste our time googling for you.

You might want to start taking your meds again buttercup!

44725c2c-1ff7-0a21.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Please list the magical powers that differentiate cops from civilians, and explain why one needs to have a different ammo parameters than the other. Then join big boy land, move out of your parent's basement and work on your social and English skills.

Whoa there tiger! Your pretty cute when you drool like that!
Go play cop. By all means, remain in the dark and be a follower... seems to be your style...

80% of cops miss their target with bullets that can shoot through refrigerators and still go through 12" of simulated pig flesh? Man... I learn something new every time I come here.

I too was impressed by this fountain of knowledge.

Someone should have told this bullet it had another 12 inches to go after it hit the car door at the shoot on the 16th.

D7K_9761.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom